Kings @ Oilers - 1/24/2013

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
That was Stoll's strong side for faceoffs. It makes sense to have him out there for one he can win on his backhand. As someone who has played center for a long time, there is a huge difference between trying to win a draw on your strong side versus your weak side. Stoll was the right choice, but it's his fault for losing it so cleanly.

except Stoll didn't try to win it with his backhand, he noticed the point on his forehand side was left open so he tried to shoot it out to that empty point, he didn't do it and it gave him the oilers a clean win. He would have been better served trying to actually win it on his backhand.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
except Stoll didn't try to win it with his backhand, he noticed the point on his forehand side was left open so he tried to shoot it out to that empty point, he didn't do it and it gave him the oilers a clean win. He would have been better served trying to actually win it on his forehand.

Too much common sense for Stoll there.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Going to be a long week that's for sure.

Again can't wait till Mitchell gets back. Love watching Mitchell play.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
That was the weirdest hockey game I've ever seen. The kings will be fine. How freaking good is JQ?! He did everything he possibly could.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
except Stoll didn't try to win it with his backhand, he noticed the point on his forehand side was left open so he tried to shoot it out to that empty point, he didn't do it and it gave him the oilers a clean win. He would have been better served trying to actually win it on his backhand.
Doesn't really detract from my point that he's at fault for not winning the draw, or at least tying the other center up.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That was the weirdest hockey game I've ever seen. The kings will be fine. How freaking good is JQ?! He did everything he possibly could.

Best part is Quick hates losing games like that, Takes it personal.

Quick will be even better against the Nucks.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Everything's fine people, relax. 3 games into the season. 4 points out of a playoff spot with 45 games to play. I know it's frustrating right now but didn't last year teach you guys anything?

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood

They won't be fine unless they start scoring goals. I hate losing 1-0 and 2-1! I'm quite certain Quick hates it even more.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Oilers fan here, coming to say:

What a crazy clusterf*&k that game was. And OMG is J. Quick ever good!!!

Shame someone had to walk away with the loss after that. Reffing destroyed the flow of the game, yet somehow it was so so epic.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I already said I wouldn't care if the Kings go 0-48 after winning the cup.

So I am not going to get mad, it's up to Sutter and the boys to care.

I am spent from last year.... :)

I just want to see Mitchell back asap, he is a joy to watch play.

Kaname

Jan 21, 2013
California
I wanted to say this is my first post on here. But been lurking on these boards since last year when a friend told me about them. As bad as tonight's game was. I think one positive thing came out of it. And that is Quick is starting to look more and more like his old self from last year. To be honest, the score could have been a lot worse than it was.

Hopefully the rest of our guys can get there act together and support Quick. Not to mention I hope they can start aiming better. I'm tired of us hitting the goal post :cry:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I wanted to say this is my first post on here. But been lurking on these boards since last year when a friend told me about them. As bad as tonight's game was. I think one positive thing came out of it. And that is Quick is starting to look more and more like his old self from last year. To be honest, the score could have been a lot worse than it was.

Hopefully the rest of our guys can get there act together and support Quick. Not to mention I hope they can start aiming better. I'm tired of us hitting the goal post :cry:

Welcome! I think you make a good point. Hopefully, we'll start to see the D and then the Offense get back to their from from the playoffs, but it will take some time. The posts were brutal, especially considering the outcome.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So yeah, we finally won the Cup. But we're still waiting for a dominant regular season Kings team. I know the Cup is the ultimate prize, but man I'm tired of roller coaster rides in the regular season? Why can't we ever have a division-winning, 50-game winning team? Well, yeah, no one is gonna win 50 games this year but you get the point.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Looks like after 3 games the Kings are making their championship tour around the league. They should come out every game with flowers around their necks and wave. Kings will not wake up until at least game 10 and that will probably cost them a playoff spot. Watching Laker and King games right now is depressing.

Kaname

Jan 21, 2013
California
Thank you for the welcome :) Well I hope they win on Monday night. I'm going to be at that game and it's my birthday. So there's no better way to celebrate it than with a Kings win. To go along with that ring replica their going to be giving away at the game.

I also hope we stomp the Coyotes this weekend. I can't stand Mike Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad