Kings @ Oilers - 1/24/2013

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I can understand where they are coming from.. but at the same time, put your self in his shoes (or skates).. they just got waived off a goal and not having scoring all night. You're going to be happy. He's a young kid. I really have nothing against it. My anger goes towards the Kings, not the Oilers.

Mine too. 0-8 on the pp with 2 separate 5 on 3's is just unexceptable.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Not worried about Yakupov's celebration. If it bothers the Kings they'll put the target on his back next game.

--------------------------

Not a fan of sitting both Penner and Gagne. Between the two of them they've played a combined 2 bad games.... That's too much offensive talent to be sitting when we can't hit the back of the net. Their both veterans.... Let them redeem themselves on the ice. Sure Clifford is playing fantastic and deserves the promotion, but your already down two veteran defensemen. And then you go and take out two veteran forwards!? It was a stupid move by Sutter.

With that said the Kings still should have won the game but it's too early to be make moves like that.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Everything's fine people, relax. 3 games into the season. 4 points out of a playoff spot with 45 games to play. I know it's frustrating right now but didn't last year teach you guys anything?

Well, technically the Kings had a pretty good start last year then fell apart in the middle of the season.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002

very static. let the other team push us away from the goalie, keeps us on the outside. we need movement and more up close and personal shots

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
It should go towards the refs. They were awful for both sides.

Exactly. Even though the refs did blow.. the Kings still had numerous chances and they just couldn't capitalize. The refs are always going to suck or at least most of the time. That's just the way it is and I got used to it a looong time ago.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
truthfully, I wish most Kings players would play with half that emotion. nice to see the emotion. No emotion takes me back to the Andy Murray years

That's another point to be made. You can see the emotions teams are coming in with when they play us. They want to defeat the champions. They have purpose against us. The Kings right now look like we're coming out of the championship haze. Of course we want to win, but we just don't have that same purpose. But it'll come. It's only been 3 games.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
very static. let the other team push us away from the goalie, keeps us on the outside. we need movement and more up close and personal shots

Seriously. Pass. Pass. Pass. Kind of move but not really. Shoot. Miss. I just don't understand how the Kings can continue playing like that. They have to know what they're doing is wrong. IY YI YII!!

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Oh ye i forgot to have my daily lol at the pp. I mean just gaining entry to the zone and shooting from the point would produce more goals than this from pure variance. Its painful watching them pass for ages without actually having a set play. They are just passing until 1 decides to shoot the puck from a spot where they chose not to shoot from 30 seconds earlier

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Watching some of Sutter's post game interview, he seemed pretty irate that EDM didn't get a penalty when their fans were throwing stuff on the ice.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Well, technically the Kings had a pretty good start last year then fell apart in the middle of the season.

I just think last year proves the regular season stats don't mean squat. It is a short season yes but still plenty of second chances left for this team.

If Richie gets that puck into the empty net at the end we are all celebrating. I guarantee none of those players are panicking at this point. Mitchie will be back soon and that will solve a lot of problems.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's another point to be made. You can see the emotions teams are coming in with when they play us. They want to defeat the champions. They have purpose against us. The Kings right now look like we're coming out of the championship haze. Of course we want to win, but we just don't have that same purpose. But it'll come. It's only been 3 games.

I've always said if you don't like the celebration, don't let him score.

I WISH our team was playing with some of that right now. We didn't like the celly? Too ****ing bad. Don't take the kid's number to line him up next time; take that anger on to the ice next game and play with some more heart. Everyone else is getting up for our games and they're gonna pound us until we shake off the hangover.

Again, all that being said, I'm not mad yet. As I said earlier, it's been an ugly start to the season.

Surturus

Sep 26, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
One of the ********* defending teams met one of the lowest scoring teams today. Need I say more. Nothing to glorify except Quick in my oppinion, who once again got left pretty alone to face Edmonton's #1 draft picks. More goals, less penalties, better PK or no playoffs for LA this year.

Simple.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Watching some of Sutter's post game interview, he seemed pretty irate that EDM didn't get a penalty when their fans were throwing stuff on the ice.

Not even sure a team can get penalized in the game for the behavio(u)r of the fans. However, the league can punish the Oilers later on by cancelling the plans for the new arena.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Good game kings, Quick was unreal. Was a treat to see him live. But as many of you said, Richards was a disappointment tonight. Good luck in the season

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Guys, just be happy with the ****ing cup, we have been waiting since the team got established and are dieing for one. Who cares if you guys suck this year, you won what matters.

:(

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Not even sure a team can get penalized in the game for the behavio(u)r of the fans. However, the league can punish the Oilers later on by cancelling the plans for the new arena.

Pretty sure a penalty can be called... I think it was put in place after Florida kept throwing those plastic rats on the ice.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Guys, just be happy with the ****ing cup, we have been waiting since the team got established and are dieing for one. Who cares if you guys suck this year, you won what matters.

:(

You'd think that would be the case, but in some ways it's worse. You know what the team is capable of, and to see such uninspired play from some of the core players is a downer.

After all this 'win it again' rah rah, I'm just hoping they make the playoffs.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Reporters asked Drew Doughty about the Fans throwing garbage on the ice.

Doughty: “I got some nacho cheese on my shoulder.â€

I like that Drew tries to stay upbeat LOL...

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Seriously, you all think that benching Richards would be the best solution? If he's out of shape, he has to play, even if he's sucking donkey balls now.

What I still don't get, it's how quickly people forgot what he did just a few months ago in the playoff. And this is very disturbing, from my perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad