Kings @ Oilers - 1/24/2013

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
I hope the Kings fans in attendance were throwing stuff on the ice after they made that announcement.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Quick has impressed me more than any other player thus far, not because of the results he's getting, but because of his work ethic out there. He looks as hungry, hard working, and motivated as ever. He was mortified when he gave up those goals, the rest of Kings didn't look like they even cared.

Kopitar, Richards and Stoll all looked like they smoked a blunt before the game.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I didn't watch the game, its hard to wake up @4am every time(I live in Finland). Anyway, I was going to ask about Richards, read a few pages and I think I don't have to anymore. It's only been 3 games, give the guy a break he did not play anywhere for last 6months. Richie is not the most skilled player so he needs to be really in shape to get his game going. I don't think benching him would solve anything. Well I'll watch the next game and hope from the bottom of my heart that he wakes up

So is this going to be this years excuse, after last year it was the concussion?

Plenty of players didn't play any competitive hockey during the lockout. Why is Richards different than a guy like Patrick Sharp who was playing morning pickups with schmoes to stay in shape. It's a matter of professionalism, the fact that he is this out of shape doesn't show very much of it.

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
So is this going to be this years excuse, after last year it was the concussion?

Plenty of players didn't play any competitive hockey during the lockout. Why is Richards different than a guy like Patrick Sharp who was playing morning pickups with schmoes to stay in shape. It's a matter of professionalism, the fact that he is this out of shape doesn't show very much of it.

What I'm saying is give him some time, a few games so he can wake up to reality.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
(Yes, it's still too early to do this)

Currently, Dallas is on pace for the #8 spot with 60 points - the Kings therefore need 61 total to make the playoffs...

Meaning their goal is to go 30-15 (.667 percentage) in the remaining games.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I don't want a player who can't wake up into reality.

Well I, for one, love what Mike Richards has brought to this team. The guy is not just here to score points, what Richie brings to the table is more than that. He's having some rough stretches in these first few games but if you want to give up on the guy, be my guest.

I'm pretty confident Mike Richards will get his game going soon. As for Pancakes and Simone I'm a little more worried.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
(Yes, it's still too early to do this)

Currently, Dallas is on pace for the #8 spot with 60 points - the Kings therefore need 61 total to make the playoffs...

That's higher than it should be. 90 points is the usual playoff cut line, give or take 2-4 points. Cutting that down for a 48 games season that projects out to around 53 points. I'd say 51-55 points will be where the playoff line is. 56 should be a pretty safe bet to make playoffs, IMO.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
(yes, it's still too early to do this)

currently, dallas is on pace for the #8 spot with 60 points - the kings therefore need 61 total to make the playoffs...

bold qft.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I've been hearing "celly" since I was like 14 years old (like 9 years ago)...I think it's already a "thing" :laugh:

Damn it. I heard it the first time like a couple days ago and I was like wtf is "celly" and I just really found out yesterday. And here I thought it was something new. My bad!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Damn it. I heard it the first time like a couple days ago and I was like wtf is "celly" and I just really found out yesterday. And here I thought it was something new. My bad!

Might be a canadian thing, I am just now seeing it "mainstream" in the media and whatnot. Maybe soon we'll have announcers talking about g-notes and apples? Or are those old by now? IDK, so much slang in hockey, and I've been out of the competitive hockey scene for 4-5 years now :laugh:

Asheru

Jun 28, 2011
I don't like "celly" either. Remember when "OK" first became a slang word in Boston, around the 1830s? Boy, that takes me back. Of course, I refused to mix such newfangled nonsense into my own speech then, as well.

Fight the celly. Fight it to the death.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad