Pre-Game Talk: KIngs @ Leafs - Tuesday Nov 5, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Anything other than a regulation win will be demoralizing.

Jesus **** everyone is getting their two cents in. Though this is mostly on our media and running to star players asking them about our team.
Exactly. I'd rather hear Doughty say something like "I don't give a rats ass about the Leafs", than to hear him actually start dissecting our team to a hoard of microphones.

We get it, the team is pillow soft, next question Feschuk

Reactions: Gallagbi

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Can't wait till Sportsnet starts asking athletes from other sports what the Leafs need to do to turn the corner. And then Spelling Bee champions, employees of the month at various fast food restaurants in and around Scotiabank Arena, Academy Award nominees, the mayor, etc.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Can't wait till Sportsnet starts asking athletes from other sports what the Leafs need to do to turn the corner. And then Spelling Bee champions, employees of the month at various fast food restaurants in and around Scotiabank Arena, Academy Award nominees, the mayor, etc.
Only what they think of the Leafs will be interesting.

Lets face the facts. NHL players are fans too. Their favourite team is the Leafs!

:naughty:

Reactions: Rogue Leader

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I endorse this. I hope every champion who comes through let's our current management know what it takes to win. We know our coach knows, but the guys in the boxes, clearly have no idea.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Odds are they’ll win this one. They never get too far under 500 or too far above.
Will they win or will LA just lose it?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
True. I figured they would of beat Philly pretty easily... but they found a way to get a W, and no I don't think they played very well.

Just hoping they start figuring it out soon.

For me they've removed the serious contender label until further notice. We need to see large stretches of good hockey from this team before I have any confidence in them being anymore then an easy out in the 1st round for other teams.

This.

This team is a serious conpretender until they show they belong in the top 6-8 teams in the league.

Middling....bubble team. That is who we are. Until we're not.

Just watched Pens and Bruins. Every player, even the debutant rookies, know the role they play. S solid system bought in by everyone, noone is out of place, as much as the Leafs are.

They always separate man from puck, None of this stick pokecheck BS, and support and recover pucks for safe passes -If a puck is thrown into corner, the guys are already on it, expecting that play.

Whereas we chip it in, because we are all skating up at full speed with no Plan B.

End of November Babs... Prove us wrong

Reactions: weems and Fogelhund

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So uh, y'all thank think tavares is a guarantee like I doos? He will play like 99% sure in this mayne?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I see negativity is sky high in the threads recently so allow me to add another bit. Can we please change the freakin' goal song; it SUCKS ASS.

Would like to have a goal song that pumps us up instead of a goal song that makes you wanna throw up

Also, Connor Brown has 11 points in 12 games ---->>>> Can Nylander show up ffs?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I see negativity is sky high in the threads recently so allow me to add another bit. Can we please change the freakin' goal song; it SUCKS ASS.

Would like to have a goal song that pumps us up instead of a goal song that makes you wanna throw up

Also, Connor Brown has 11 points in 12 games ---->>>> Can Nylander show up ffs?
The negativity stems from that last year this was a team that had a chance for the cup. This year this team is what it is so far. What stands out for me is the blown leads in the 3rd period.

As for Nylander . . . the classic coach killer type of player.

Edmonton's Zach Kassian has 4 goals so far this season . . . lol . . .

:baghead:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I hope we torch Quick. Still remember when he and the Kings barely beat us when we were on the second half of a back to back and he goes and cheers right in the face of whichever Leaf was nearest at the time when the final buzzer went. Screw that asshole.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Just watched Pens and Bruins. Every player, even the debutant rookies, know the role they play. S solid system bought in by everyone, noone is out of place, as much as the Leafs are.

They always separate man from puck, None of this stick pokecheck BS, and support and recover pucks for safe passes -If a puck is thrown into corner, the guys are already on it, expecting that play.

Whereas we chip it in, because we are all skating up at full speed with no Plan B.

End of November Babs... Prove us wrong

This was evident to anyone that watches other teams in the playoffs. This poke check - pure finesse team BS isn't around as you go deeper, if you're not taking the body, you're on the golf course because you won't be playing very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad