Pre-Game Talk: KIngs @ Leafs - Tuesday Nov 5, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Anything other than a regulation win will be demoralizing.

Jesus **** everyone is getting their two cents in. Though this is mostly on our media and running to star players asking them about our team.
Perhaps but it is still unusual for other team's players to be this critical. Normally you get the stock say nothing of substance quotes

Reactions: saffronleaf

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Anything other than a regulation win will be demoralizing.

Jesus **** everyone is getting their two cents in. Though this is mostly on our media and running to star players asking them about our team.

Sounds like the media is doing us a favour. They're asking guys who have won it all and knows what a winning culture/dressing room is like. Our guys can take it as an insult all they want but it's really not.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
LOL. Maybe with better skating though!
nice guy, but he was your prototypical:

images

Reactions: Marshy

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

What is wrong with Barrie? Are his legs gone? Is he being told not to rush the puck? It has to be one or the other. Just go watch his playoff games from last year. He is constantly rushing it up or joining the rush. Now he looks like he can't skate. I think this is a Babs plan. What a screw up. He looked great in skates before camp opened. Now he can't skate??????

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
What is wrong with Barrie? Are his legs gone? Is he being told not to rush the puck? It has to be one or the other. Just go watch his playoff games from last year. He is constantly rushing it up or joining the rush. Now he looks like he can't skate. I think this is a Babs plan. What a screw up. He looked great in skates before camp opened. Now he can't skate??????

Just a new player with a new team. Probably not 100% comfortable yet and trying to play too passive when that's not his game at all and it's getting to him and affecting his game. Maybe by the end of November or December he'll look like they guy from Colorado again.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Just a new player with a new team. Probably not 100% comfortable yet and trying to play too passive when that's not his game at all and it's getting to him and affecting his game. Maybe by the end of November or December he'll look like they guy from Colorado again.
I hope so and we don't learn soon that Babs has given him the red light.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I would like to think that way as well, but how can you explain that since January 2019 we are at best a .500 hockey team? Sure, we’ve had some injuries, but at the same time I hear everyone saying how deep of a team we are especially with our two number one centers. And it gets really tiring to see how we are out shot every game, as well as giving up some grade A scoring chances. Is it the coach/system, or the players, or a combination of both?

I don't know the exact problem.

I think yes its probably a combination of both. Maybe the coach, and the team with all the young guys aren't a good mix. Who's that on though? Just Babcock... or everyone?

I know its probably not the popular opinion here but I don't hate Babcock. I think it could work, but either way he only has this season most likely, and if they don't do enough... he's gone. That's alright too... if... there is another 1st round exit... that is a lot of times to try to get over the hump with one coach.

If im a player, and I don't like my coach... well too bad... I'm not wasting 1 year out of probably only 15 chances to get a cup. Something has to give if this keeps up.

There has to be some responsibility on the players too... they've been paid the big bucks... you have to perform now.

That's the nice thing when guys do get big contracts... they're all happy to get more sure... but you better damn well handle the pressure and put up numbers... because in Toronto it isn't going to fly if you suck for too long. At least I'd like to think that.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I just got excited for a game tonight, then I realised it was Monday the 4th, not Tuesday...
I feel you my friend! That is always so tough. Only thing similar to that pain is when I am so pumped up to eat some ice cream ... run to the fridge ... and it's all gone. Or when I am having a particularly exciting dream and I wake up. :(

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

First Ovi, now Doughty.

FFS this team is getting called out and dunked on. Lol.

How much bulletin board material does this team need before they finally get their head out of their ass?

We need the media to stop asking other teams how the Leafs are supposed to play, it's getting ridiculous.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
We need the media to stop asking other teams how the Leafs are supposed to play, it's getting ridiculous.

Leafs just need to start winning, and the media will stop this nonsense.

Plus another guy on the team you're playing... starts chirping you before you play... I don't know what could motivate you more... it should be good for the Leafs.

Reactions: The Podium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad