Pre-Game Talk: KIngs @ Leafs - Tuesday Nov 5, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looking forward to this one, haven't been to SBA in a while.

Two teams that aren't playing very well.
Leafs should take this one since someone has to win.

Tavares should be back?

Reactions: hamzarocks

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
not expecting much, Kings are struggling, but they bring some bite I expect the Leafs won't step up when the game gets physical?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
not expecting much, Kings are struggling, but they bring some bite I expect the Leafs won't step up when the game gets physical?
I imagine that is at or near the top of the game plan for any Team facing the Leafs.

Reactions: Erdinger

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs haven't been playing their best obviously... but some of the over reactions and negativity are a bit over the top.

Whatever floats your boat... but they're in a wild card spot, and haven't played near to what they can.

Line up is almost full health soon... Freddy played well last game... this could be a good week to get going.

Hope springs eternal... if you've been on the train 50 plus years and haven't bailed yet... than you must like something about the team.

And in the east... there is only one team that always has our number... other than them... there is no team I worry about in the playoffs... and eventually every team gets theirs.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Leafs haven't been playing their best obviously... but some of the over reactions and negativity are a bit over the top.

Whatever floats your boat... but they're in a wild card spot, and haven't played near to what they can.

Line up is almost full health soon... Freddy played well last game... this could be a good week to get going.

Hope springs eternal... if you've been on the train 50 plus years and haven't bailed yet... than you must like something about the team.

And in the east... there is only one team that always has our number... other than them... there is no team I worry about in the playoffs... and eventually every team gets theirs.
Those two points bolded are key. I'm expecting a big week, sweep would be nice.

Reactions: Burnie97

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Like to see how Willie reacts to last game, expect some fire in the belly.

With JT coming back, I thought Spezza was the easy call, but after last game suspect Shore gets the press box.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
What's the opposite of the BMF belt? I think we may claim that tomorrow night.
talk about the ying and the yang, I lived that Saturday night after watching the uninspired Leafs I switched to the UFC and was rewarded with several fight where the actual participants plied their craft with courage, heart, and tenacity.

Reactions: TimeZone

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

experience in this matter is why I treat any upside of this team with a healthy slice of skepticism.

Reactions: Erdinger

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
experience in this matter is why I treat any upside of this team with a healthy slice of skepticism.

Yeah I've been on the train a while too... but fair enough.

I just don't think its quite the doom and gloom that some here are saying, but to each their own.

Skepticism is good sometimes, again I just don't see the train wreck some are.

It hasn't been pretty... but it's far from that... at least for me.

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I just don't think its quite the doom and gloom that some here are saying, but to each their own.

That's fine, I just don't think they should be struggling to beat a team like the Flyers who are on a back-to-back and Leafs had 3 days to practice. I feel so uninspired by this team. They need to show us something quick.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

well like they say in that show my wife likes: "brace yourself, winter is coming." :popcorn:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
A hockey game in southern California used to be a physical game. I don't think that's a thing any longer.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That's fine, I just don't think they should be struggling to beat a team like the Flyers who are on a back-to-back and Leafs had 3 days to practice. I feel so uninspired by this team. They need to show us something quick.

True. I figured they would of beat Philly pretty easily... but they found a way to get a W, and no I don't think they played very well.

Just hoping they start figuring it out soon.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
True. I figured they would of beat Philly pretty easily... but they found a way to get a W, and no I don't think they played very well.

Just hoping they start figuring it out soon.

Thank God they found a way to win. Imagine if they did not. This game has to be a win if this is a serious contender.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think Leafs will have 2 lines again and win this one pretty easy. Kings may push them around but unless Quick stones them it is over.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Thank God they found a way to win. Imagine if they did not. This game has to be a win if this is a serious contender.

For me they've removed the serious contender label until further notice. We need to see large stretches of good hockey from this team before I have any confidence in them being anymore then an easy out in the 1st round for other teams.

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

No doubt. Big win, and they need to finally build on that.

Kings aren't good. Vegas has been so so... and right now are beatable... then its Philly again ... and the Leafs are at home all week... until Chicago the next night... and Chicago plays Saturday against the Pens... so that's 4 games that are there for the taking. Only one that may be tough is Vegas... otherwise I expect minimum 6 points. No excuses here.

Hopefully they start showing up... and consistently.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Grundstrom playing? be interesting to see how he goes. Don't get me wrong I make that trade again in a heartbeat I really like muzzin, just interesting to see

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
For me they've removed the serious contender label until further notice. We need to see large stretches of good hockey from this team before I have any confidence in them being anymore then an easy out in the 1st round for other teams.

This.

This team is a serious conpretender until they show they belong in the top 6-8 teams in the league.

Middling....bubble team. That is who we are. Until we're not.

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad