Pre-Game Talk: KIngs @ Leafs - Tuesday Nov 5, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How can you tell?
(Honest question)
Jump in his step, if he curls or drives, but mostly his back check. If he's tenacious on the back check that's a signal he's engaged, when he's doing the "ahh, almost got there" routine that looks okay on tape but is 90 percent, then he usually disappears. Anyways....

Reactions: ACC1224

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

Sweet. The first time Hyman goes headlong into the corner and comes out with the puck is going to be a welcomed sight. Well unless he does a weak wrap-around into the goalies pads.

I kid, I kid. We need him to rub off on the rest of the lesser work ethic types. Not singling anyone out we all know who they are.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
No doubt. Big win, and they need to finally build on that.

Kings aren't good. Vegas has been so so... and right now are beatable... then its Philly again ... and the Leafs are at home all week... until Chicago the next night... and Chicago plays Saturday against the Pens... so that's 4 games that are there for the taking. Only one that may be tough is Vegas... otherwise I expect minimum 6 points. No excuses here.

Hopefully they start showing up... and consistently.

Yep, and adding to that, we should have Tavares, Hyman and Muzzin back to start those 4 games. Hopefully the Leafs will be able to get their act together during those 4 games cause after that, they've got 6 very tough opponents.

Reactions: Burnie97

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Man o man it would be tough with your skating in today’s hockey

Also
Some of the worse skaters in Leafs history off the top of my head would be

Dave Hutchinson
Dave Dunn
Dan Maloney
Tiger

That may be a new post
Best and worst skaters ever lol

But Tiger had a great celly

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
But Tiger had a great celly
Lol oh yeahhhhhhh
Side note
had a chance to party a wee bit with tiger about 32 years ago in BC watching Monday night Football at a local watering hole
We had quite a few Wobblies
And he was very cool
He signed a napkin for my then new born son
He wrote
“ From one tiger to another “

Reactions: rumman and Vaive50

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Sweet. The first time Hyman goes headlong into the corner and comes out with the puck is going to be a welcomed sight. Well unless he does a weak wrap-around into the goalies pads.

I kid, I kid. We need him to rub off on the rest of the lesser work ethic types. Not singling anyone out we all know who they are.
I said "pardon?"

Reactions: supermann_98

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Like to see how Willie reacts to last game, expect some fire in the belly.

With JT coming back, I thought Spezza was the easy call, but after last game suspect Shore gets the press box.

Idk why anyone would want Shore in the lineup over Speeza at this point tbh.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Some nights it is there. I can usually tell first shift or two what kind of mood Nylander is in, moreso than most players.
When Nylander is on his game, he's skating, using his good lower strength to leverage on opposition players or curl and pivot off checks, he either takes posession and waits for a good pass or will not hesitate to rip a top shelf shot. Takes pucks away by playing angles rather than try to run a player through the boards. Where is that Nylander? Hope he shows up again.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I mean mayne we bout to get our C back in Johnny-T. :clap:

But its not like we have enough pretenders against the thuggish ruggish kings. I mean they get mean and hit that thang hard on that pole. Mayne... we soft. Some might get injured again in this. And we still ain't gettting no thugs for us. What!

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Yeah I've been on the train a while too... but fair enough.

I just don't think its quite the doom and gloom that some here are saying, but to each their own.

Skepticism is good sometimes, again I just don't see the train wreck some are.

It hasn't been pretty... but it's far from that... at least for me.

I would like to think that way as well, but how can you explain that since January 2019 we are at best a .500 hockey team? Sure, we’ve had some injuries, but at the same time I hear everyone saying how deep of a team we are especially with our two number one centers. And it gets really tiring to see how we are out shot every game, as well as giving up some grade A scoring chances. Is it the coach/system, or the players, or a combination of both?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Anything other than a regulation win will be demoralizing.

First Ovi, now Doughty.

FFS this team is getting called out and dunked on. Lol.

How much bulletin board material does this team need before they finally get their head out of their ass?

Jesus f*** everyone is getting their two cents in. Though this is mostly on our media and running to star players asking them about our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad