Pre-Game Talk: KIngs @ Leafs - Tuesday Nov 5, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
2 points is all I care about at this point.

Would be nice not to see floaters but I guess am gonna keep my expectations in check.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I'm not sure Doughty is the guy to be criticizing players for taking overpaid contracts and failing to deliver as soon as they kick in.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Doughty is a two-time Olympic gold medallist and a two-time Stanley Cup champion, he can say whatever the hell he wants and gets a pass.

Until they get their own cup, the Leafs can put up or shut up.

He got his money and gave up trying. I don't care what he's won, that's a loser attitude. Acting like a winner when the going is good and sulking and blaming others the second things get tough is exactly the kind of thing wrong with this team.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
right. because you don't want players to get paid for what they have achieved, rather, what they might achieve in the future.

Would you want to trade rosters with the Kings going forward? It's full of proven winners on contracts that paid them for what they achieved, sounds great no?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think it really shows a lack of respect the way opposing players are openly critiquing our team...don’t recall that before.

Reactions: Polaris1010

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
oh geez, I must have misread the quotes. I could have swore Ovi and Doughty said something about our players, not the coach.

I need to put on my Millzedder glasses and re-read those quotes.
Even Babcock himself said he took it as a shot against him because he was supposed to be the guy organizing anything. That's not really what I said though, so maybe just start by re-reading my post?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think it really shows a lack of respect the way opposing players are openly critiquing our team...don’t recall that before.
I'm not the best fisherman out there, but I know if you continually keep presenting bait, sooner or later you'll get something to bite, the media are like that.

I haven't heard the Doughty comments, but I genuinely believe Ovi's comments contained no malice, just words of wisdom.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'm not the best fisherman out there, but I know if you continually keep presenting bait, sooner or later you'll get something to bite, the media are like that.

I haven't heard the Doughty comments, but I genuinely believe Ovi's comments contained no malice, just words of wisdom.

Doughty didn't say anything bad either. Just said if you want to win a cup everyone has to chip in. Offensive guys are gonna have to help on D and defensive guys are gonna have to chip in on offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad