Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if the timing of Mr Cole’s passing, and the unearthing of Maple Leaf lore will have an inspiring effect on the Leafs. All these videos getting played with iconic calls will stand in history.

Really, the death of a close one causes all of us to step back and re-evaluate our lives and what we want to be remembered for.

It’s always hard to see the events of today as blessings, and it’s often not until long after, when you look back at life and see the points of failure were preparing you for your future.

Maybe they will use this passing to self reflect on who they want to be remembered for.

…. Probably not but who knows, lightning may strike.

That’s the thing, they don’t have the killer instinct.
They do more this year than in years past.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
For being a fan of the Toronto maple leafs you look into the future way too much

There’s no guarantee they win this series, in fact it’s probably more likely they will lose. This series is playing out almost identical to the 2018 and 2019 series of the past. The leafs lost both of them. Players have changed on both sides, but the guys who’ve been here the entire time have looked like they always have and the others aren’t doing anything else. I don’t see what the difference is from then and now
I don't think this guy has ever been right with one of his predictions like ever, if he was a sports bettor he'd be bankrupt by now.

Let's hope for everyone's sake he's actually on the ball for once, but I doubt it.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
The series is 2-1. We are not talking about some insurmountable deficit here. The Leafs will win on Saturday, half of the people here will start talking about how the other teams in the East should be concerned about how physical the Leafs are, and the cycle will repeat itself after game 5.
I hope so

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
TBF, anyone can say anything on this forum. I'll take notice when somebody bets money on it
I laid down a decent bet on the Leafs before the series started. I'm not worried in the slightest. I'm a bit more concerned with my Carolina Cup bet after Pesce's injury, but that was a small flyer bet. My largest bet was Vegas over Dallas, and so far that one looks good.

I would add that these bets all pale in comparison to the market positions I take. Someone should start an investment thread here., There could be a lot of good discussions about where people are putting their money in the market (I hope everyone bought Microsoft in the dip today - you will be nicely rewarded in the morning).

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Hopefully they go back to Ullmark again for Game 4:laugh:

Swayman is 6-0 with 1.31 GAA and .959 SV% against the Leafs over the past two years:

5fb9a47e-43ac-4609-af36-539cf4679c21-1_all_113137.png

Last edited:

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
I laid down a decent bet on the Leafs before the series started. I'm not worried in the slightest. I'm a bit more concerned with my Carolina Cup bet after Pesce's injury, but that was a small flyer bet. My largest bet was Vegas over Dallas, and so far that one looks good.

I would add that these bets all pale in comparison to the market positions I take. Someone should start an investment thread here., There could be a lot of good discussions about where people are putting their money in the market (I hope everyone bought Microsoft in the dip today - you will be nicely rewarded in the morning).
SU
CNQ
ATH
CVE
TOU
WCP
PPL
ENB for dividends

Thats my current setup (97.57% over two years)

Once TMEP finally flows, I see only additional gains. Ditto CGL. Enbridge will be twinning its BC pipeline next year as well. Both WLNG & LNGC are coming in hot (the former a couple of years away).

Sorry, back to the discussion. Go Leafs! f*** Boston.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
SU
CNQ
ATH
CVE
TOU
WCP
PPL
ENB for dividends

Thats my current setup (97.57% over two years)

Once TMEP finally flows, I see only additional gains. Ditto CGL. Enbridge will be twinning its BC pipeline next year as well. Both WLNG & LNGC are coming in hot (the former a couple of years away).

Sorry, back to the discussion. Go Leafs! f*** Boston.
I remember when Cenovus bottomed out at under $3 in March 2020. Sitting at $30 today...

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The Leafs dont have much of a talent advantage with Nylander out and Marner playing like this.

All too true.

The Leafs may have three "star" forwards to Boston's two if Nylander was healthy, but that's where our roster advantage ends. Abruptly.

And even if Nylander was here and we did have that forward advantage, we can't seem to score in the playoffs to save our lives.

Boston easily and vastly outclasses us on D and in net.

They also outclass us in coaching.

I hate to rag on Keefe and I do like the guy, but this team has been a mess in all key coaching departments - from special teams to bench minors. That's going up against the reigning Jack Adams winner....

The series isn't over obviously and there's still a decent chance the Leafs win this but...When people say the Leafs should beat Boston on talent I think they're only looking at big name forwards on paper. The reality on the ice seems to be much different.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
All too true.

The Leafs may have three "star" forwards to Boston's two if Nylander was healthy, but that's where our roster advantage ends. Abruptly.

And even if Nylander was here and we did have that forward advantage, we can't seem to score in the playoffs to save our lives.

Boston easily and vastly outclasses us on D and in net.

They also outclass us in coaching.

I hate to rag on Keefe and I do like the guy, but this team has been a mess in all key coaching departments - from special teams to bench minors. That's going up against the reigning Jack Adams winner....

The series isn't over obviously and there's still a decent chance the Leafs win this but...When people say the Leafs should beat Boston on talent I think they're only looking at big name forwards on paper. The reality on the ice seems to be much different.
Don't forget special teams. Boston's crushed us in that dept. and so far, that's been the difference in the series. Like you said, this thing's far from over but to this point Boston's outplayed us, no question.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Don't forget special teams. Boston's crushed us in that dept. and so far, that's been the difference in the series. Like you said, this thing's far from over but to this point Boston's outplayed us, no question.

Oh I haven't. That power play may have scarred me for life :laugh:

I included that under my "coaching" section.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Shouldn’t the talent advantage the Leafs have somewhat negate the goalie advantage Boston has? Instead they are making Swayman look like the best goalie in the league right now.
In the playoffs the Leafs have the best player, but Boston has the number 2,3,4,5 rounding out the top 5, with of one them being the goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad