Proposal: Kings - Flyers

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
This King fan would do the Vegas 2nd and Clague for Ghost. Kings 2nd is not going to be traded as the kings love to pick players falling in the draft with highest 2nd on the 2nd day of the draft

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Ghost being the latest Flyer to be "finished and fallen off" yet wanted by every club in the NHL....only to end up rebounding the next year i'm sure.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Flyers fans....we want more
Kings fans....we don't want to give up that much
Fans of all other teams...value seems there

I dont think the value is bad, but the timing doesnt make sense to me.

Lets see what we have with these kids before trading them for players that we dont need now.

Perhaps in a year or two when we find out who we want to keep and build around.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
lol, Gostisbehere is currently a #7 D in philly cant even crack phillys lineup consistently and people think he's going to return a 2nd and prospect?

Reactions: Guitpik

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
lol, Gostisbehere is currently a #7 D in philly cant even crack phillys lineup consistently and people think he's going to return a 2nd and prospect?

Right, because he was injured and then came back in the middle of a win streak. So why would the coach mess around with current chemistry when it happens to be working. You know....context.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Lets see what we have with these kids before trading them for players that we dont need now.

This is fair. It wasn't meant to include the entire fan base of either organization. Just scrolling through the comments and seeing how a majority of them go.

I actually agree that it is a fair trade. Seems to be a lot better than most (if not all) of the Ghost trades.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Clague and Vegas' 2nd is as rich as I'd go. Ghost is a luxury the Kings dont really need at this time. If they really wanted a LHD they could have Florida pay them to take Yandle as opposed to trading too much value for Gostisbehere.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Right, because he was injured and then came back in the middle of a win streak. So why would the coach mess around with current chemistry when it happens to be working. You know....context.

even before the injury he was a healthy scratch here and there and when he was in the line up, he wasnt doing much. He's just having a crappy season.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you trade for Ghost it is either an A or F trade. No shot it is break even trade. And Ghost needs a change of scenery and be given 40 games on 2nd line and see what what you have. Ghost would be far from 1st defense man off bad year gets traded and goes back to former self. Ask Larry Murphy.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If you trade for Ghost it is either an A or F trade. No shot it is break even trade. And Ghost needs a change of scenery and be given 40 games on 2nd line and see what what you have. Ghost would be far from 1st defense man off bad year gets traded and goes back to former self. Ask Larry Murphy.
that is where conditional picks help

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
What does Ghost bring that the Kings need right now? I think if the Kings are looking at trading Kupari and a second, they can get a player of higher value coming back.
If you trading for Ghost, you are doing so because you need a pp quarterback. If he is not 1st line pp then its stupid to make an offer.And for pure upside, for 2 & legit prospect you will not get higher upside. Problem is a worse floor as well.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If you trading for Ghost, you are doing so because you need a pp quarterback. If he is not 1st line pp then its stupid to make an offer.And for pure upside, for 2 & legit prospect you will not get higher upside. Problem is a worse floor as well.

I don’t see any world in which Doughty wouldn’t be on the first power play unit, and the Kings always run four forwards, Brown/Carter/Kopitar/Kempe.

I don’t know, I even think we could get a better player than Ghost with just Clague and a second, which still has a lot of value. Especially for LA.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I don’t see any world in which Doughty wouldn’t be on the first power play unit, and the Kings always run four forwards, Brown/Carter/Kopitar/Kempe.

I don’t know, I even think we could get a better player than Ghost with just Clague and a second, which still has a lot of value. Especially for LA.
As long as kings run 4 forwards and DD Ghost is wrong fit for Kings. We agree. You are trading for Ghost to be your no 1 pp lhd.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This King fan would do the Vegas 2nd and Clague for Ghost. Kings 2nd is not going to be traded as the kings love to pick players falling in the draft with highest 2nd on the 2nd day of the draft
I understand this offer, its not an outrageous poor offer, but based upon Flyers improvements I would keep Ghost. WE won't need cap space until 2021 and would rather he get better and adds to team in 20/21.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State

This is a fair point. The flip side is if he performs well it can energize our lineup and help speed things along. When our team is actually engaged we can play well and be competitive. Adding Ghost wouldn't make us contenders next year, but it could make us more entertaining and help to foster in the new wave of players into a better environment than what we have seen the last couple years.

I would love for Blake to make a move like this. But I understand that you and others would say that this upcoming offseason isn't the right time for a move.
What does Ghost bring that the Kings need right now? I think if the Kings are looking at trading Kupari and a second, they can get a player of higher value coming back.
Well if he can regain his form, he would be the most dynamic offensive d-men we've had since Lubo. If he doesn't, his contract is very manageable.

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
If the Kings were trending forward toward the playoffs on their rebuild (see 2009-2010 Kings) then yes this trade could be discussed.

Without scratching the surface on the value of this offer it doesn't make any sense for Blake to consider at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad