Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
LA:
Ghost

Philly:
2020 2nd
1 of Kale Clague, Akil Thomas or Rasmus Kupari

Ghost would really solidify the Kings blue line.

Anderson - Doughty
Ghost - Roy
Bjornfot- Walker
MacDermid

If Philly has soured on Ghost this would clear cap space to add in free agency or another trade. Clague is a young LH PMD but would have to be exposed to Seattle. Thomas and Kupari are both RH C/W prospects.

Is that a decent base for a trade or do Philly fans prefer a hockey trade?

Thoughts?

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
This is the guy getting run out of Philly on a rail, right?

Enh, if the Kings scouts/brass are convinced he has a chance to regain the form of a couple of years ago... it's probably fair value.

If he's got real reasons why he's taken such a giant step backwards - and Philly fans would know better than me - then maybe the Kings just steer clear

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I appreciate the trade offer is legit and I think I would take Kupari and take the deal.(assuming kings 2 and not vanc 2)

Reactions: verbalkint47

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't understand how we are running him out of town. Like his play has nothing to do with it and our opinion mattered. I guess we ran MacDonald and Hakstol out of town also then.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have to imagine Philly keeps Ghost if all that's being offered is a 2nd (which I do not believe is all that would be offered)

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
This is the guy getting run out of Philly on a rail, right?

Enh, if the Kings scouts/brass are convinced he has a chance to regain the form of a couple of years ago... it's probably fair value.

If he's got real reasons why he's taken such a giant step backwards - and Philly fans would know better than me - then maybe the Kings just steer clear

Sure.

Flyers need to unload expansion draft players and this helps.

Good deal that can work for both

Reactions: verbalkint47

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I appreciate the trade offer is legit and I think I would take Kupari and take the deal.(assuming kings 2 and not vanc 2)
From a Flyers perspective I’d take the 2nd rounder and Kupari for Gostisbehere. Flyers have Friedman so he could take the 6/7 spot next season.
I don’t believe the Kings would offer this trade in a real world scenario and if they did they would probably want a prospect with Ghost for 2nd and Kupari.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
0 interest from this Kings fan. Next year is another step in the rebuild.

Now if by some miracle at the trade deadline next year... Turcotte, Vilardi, Kailev, and the other rookies look good and this team is flirting with the playoffs, then sure I'd do a 2nd and and prospect (Not Kupari) for Ghost.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It really comes down to....the Flyers don't "need" to trade Ghost unless it's for a good return.

Next year:

Provy Nisky
Sanheim Myers
Hagg Ghost
Friedman

So if they move Ghost, they need to add a Dman. Keeping Ghost gives the team 7 able Dman all while prospects like Zamula, York, Kalynuk, etc... get another year of experience/development.

Then the Flyers can always trade him at the end of next year before the ED. Yes it might be for a lesser amount, but keeping him while the kids develop is not a bad idea.

As for the OP...obviously don't need any LHD especially one they will need to expose. And at C, they have Couts, Hayes, Frost, Patrick...so again...no "need".

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
As a kings fan, I would say no.

The expansion draft complicates things. I would not want to spend a protection slot on a reclamation project and then proceed to leave a better player exposed that would not have been without a trade for Ghost.
I don't think we have to worry about the expansion draft. We can use the 8 skater/1 goalie option and not lose anyone important.
Don't think this trade would be a good move for the kings at this moment. Personally if you want a puck mover, I would see if Torrey krug makes it to free agency and bid big on him.
Disagree. The Kings don't attract big free agents. Krug is better but will demand a lot of money. Ghost is signed for 3 years at $4.5 mil. If he regains his form he is a bargain. If not, his contract isn't a detriment.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
LA will sort out which prospects they keep and which ones they will eventually get rid of.

At this point, this is not a smart move for them. Thomas and Kupari are unknowns. We know more about Clague already.

Reactions: Guitpik

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
From a Flyers perspective I’d take the 2nd rounder and Kupari for Gostisbehere. Flyers have Friedman so he could take the 6/7 spot next season.
I don’t believe the Kings would offer this trade in a real world scenario and if they did they would probably want a prospect with Ghost for 2nd and Kupari.
Friedman can replace Hagg not Gostisbehere unless you meant Cam York, than yes once Cam York is NHL ready we can talk about moving Gostisbehere..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad