Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob ****show Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Why bother? UFAs are almost always overpaid and with all of those holes to fill you might as just go scorched earth and trade Kopitar and Doughty as well.
You got talent in the system coming up to fill those holes and FA and trades as well.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I was one of about 4 posters with you three years ago who said this team wasnt a contender.I said nothing about giving the current roster a chance.You trade,Quick,Muzzin,Carter and Toffoli and use that space to bring in immediate help.I dont support a total rebuild.
I agree with your list. However, I don't think Kopitar will be effective by the time the Kings contend again. Not much Blake can do about it for at least another couple of years. Kopitar has another couple of years I believe until he must start submitting teams to which he would accept a trade.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Their not trading Kopitar or Doughty.

I'll bet they want out after everyone gets traded. Doughty for sure because before he signed he stated he wanted to win. How do you think it is sitting with him now being at the bottom?

What young talent? We have one the worst prospect pools in the league. Sure, you can and starting putting a bunch of kids out there but we've seen how that can work out poorly.

Reactions: KINGS17

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think if anything, he deserves a bit more credit having called the Stevens firing even if the Kings won the game against Columbus, which they did.

As for what he's saying versus what others are saying, nobody on this site is saying they have a source. We're speculating. He gets a higher degree of credibility with his speculating because he does, actually, have sources.

If you want to say you have sources and post here, I believe a mod would have to confer with you, but you too could claim you have sources. However, whenever you, me, or anyone else says "Muzzin is gone by the deadline" it's assumed to be speculation based off reasonable circumstances.

I understand what you're trying to say, and I know I've talked **** about The Mayor in the past, but one thing I will never deny is that he has sources.

The guy may have sources, but calling Steven firing was a pretty easy layup. He's a good writer, but too many big misses on his part make it hard to believe him.
Him and DB are gonna to be so disappointed when 12 players aren't traded at the deadline. He basically said the team will be gutted by the draft.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'll bet they want out after everyone gets traded. Doughty for sure because before he signed he stated he wanted to win. How do you think it is sitting with him now being at the bottom?

What young talent? We have one the worst prospect pools in the league. Sure, you can and starting putting a bunch of kids out there but we've seen how that can work out poorly.
I think it is asking a lot for players like Kupari, JAD, Clague, etc. (basically any player under 22 years old) to be ready next season. Rushing any of them could ruin their development.

If you have to play Brett Sutter in the NHL next season. I don't think it will come to that though.

Reactions: Legionnaire

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The guy may have sources, but calling Steven firing was a pretty easy layup. He's a good writer, but too many big misses on his part make it hard to believe him.
Him and DB are gonna to be so disappointed when 12 players aren't traded at the deadline. He basically said the team will be gutted by the draft.
OffensiveBeneficialLarva-size_restricted.gif

Looking forward to his next prediction.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsfan28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If Bluke can move Carter and Muzzin/Martinez at the deadline and the other of M&M at the draft I'll have a lot more optimism about next season.

No matter what the return is? If teams are low balling you and all you get crap,why make make the deals? Say you move Carter and his very low contract[ and dollars remaining]. You still need to replace him with another 2nd line center which will cost you more and a longer term . The Kings don't have anyone who can play there , at least not for 2/3 years if they work out at all. Kempe is not a center you can put out there and count on.

Reactions: LAKings88

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
They never said 12 players are being traded at the deadline,where are you getting this info from?.Some players were expected to be dealt at the TDL the rest in the offseason.Mayors credibility has gotten way better the last two years.I do agree the prior years was just awful.Mayor called Steven's hiring,Stoll not coming back,Williams not coming back and Brown losing the captaincy just to name a few.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No matter what the return is? If teams are low balling you and all you get crap,why make make the deals? Say you move Carter and his very low contract[ and dollars remaining]. You still need to replace him with another 2nd line center which will cost you more and a longer term . The Kings don't have anyone who can play there , at least not for 2/3 years if they work out at all. Kempe is not a center you can put out there and count on.
Vilardi is penciled in there if his situation changes.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The dude can't even pick up a pencil without his back going out on him.
Vilardi is such a long shot at the moment, and until he can make it through a camp, he's not even on my radar.
No one knows the status of Vilardi to make a call one way or another at this time.Mayor brought that up as well.Vilardi is who the Kings have penciled in as the 2nd line center.

Reactions: go4hockey

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Look the Kings have Carter as their second line center and are nearing record lows for scoring and are in the league basement. Does it matter who's penciled in as the 2nd line center next season? At this point it's the idea of moving the 34 year old with the almost 6 million dollars of salary for the next what, 4 years that is appealing. Kings waited too long to deal him, and now its nearing the point of just getting something for him. Clear the space and go with the kids. Let Kupari come over and get some games in. Let JAD play a few in that spot. Throw Kempe or whomever they get in any of the supposed trades to play in that spot. I like the idea of a Luff-Kempe-Leipsic line. Go with something like that.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Look the Kings have Carter as their second line center and are nearing record lows for scoring and are in the league basement. Does it matter who's penciled in as the 2nd line center next season? At this point it's the idea of moving the 34 year old with the almost 6 million dollars of salary for the next what, 4 years that is appealing. Kings waited too long to deal him, and now its nearing the point of just getting something for him. Clear the space and go with the kids. Let Kupari come over and get some games in. Let JAD play a few in that spot. Throw Kempe or whomever they get in any of the supposed trades to play in that spot. I like the idea of a Luff-Kempe-Leipsic line. Go with something like that.

You're going to ruin many of the kids that way. Guaranteed.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i don't think you go so far as to call up the 18 and 19 year olds but you have to hold the L and call up the AHL vets at some point

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
i don't think you go so far as to call up the 18 and 19 year olds but you have to hold the L and call up the AHL vets at some point
There are any number of UFAs who would be happy to sign a one or two year deal to play in LA.

Bring in Filppula for one season, who cares? The current core has no room to bitch and moan at all about a rebuild.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Not as much as some think, since the cap hit is prorated. Any team taking on Quick around the trade deadline is going to take a cap hit of less than $2M for this season.

We will see what the market is as the trade deadline approaches. Injuries and the performance of certain goaltenders who are suspect could make a difference.

It's the future years more than this year. It's the 30+ year olds with the multi year contracts. The guys you're always saying shoudn't get those deals. That's why it's tough for the Kings to trade anyone, because of the term, not the hit. Other teams have their own prospects they want to play, their own RFA's, their own UFA's, other trade ideas or roster weaknesses. The Kings aren't out there as the only struggling team wanting to make trades.

Most likely, the Kings married themselves to Quick the day he got the 10 year deal.

And by already trading Pearson, that cleared 3.75 next year and the following year as well.

Which is Doughty's raise. Depending on how much or if the cap goes up.

It'll be tough to just clear space with a 34 year old with 3 more years left on the contract. Not to mention the threat of unhappiness if he goes somewhere he doesn't want to. Might be a bluff, might not be, but he did get out of Columbus. He has a history of sulking if he doesn't get his way. No team will simply take that cap hit if he's going to be a problem. Especially if he's only going to score 16g and 40pts a year.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's the future years more than this year. It's the 30+ year olds with the multi year contracts. The guys you're always saying shoudn't get those deals. That's why it's tough for the Kings to trade anyone, because of the term, not the hit. Other teams have their own prospects they want to play, their own RFA's, their own UFA's, other trade ideas or roster weaknesses. The Kings aren't out there as the only struggling team wanting to make trades.

The Kings aren't taking back a bad contract when it comes to a deal for Muzzin or Martinez. Taking back a bad contract might have to happen in a deal for Carter, but who cares. The Kings aren't winning with Carter. They can afford to take back a bad contract for a couple of seasons. The team that takes Carter will have to accept the risk beyond that. That is, if the Kings can even find a team that wants Carter.

The wild card is the upcoming CBA negotiation and the possibility of compliance buyouts.

You keep coming up with reasons why nothing can be done. I don't care if the team absolutely sucks for the next 2 or 3 seasons beyond this one. The Kings are going to need the high draft picks to rebuild the roster. If Doughty and Kopitar don't like it, they can move on.

Reactions: Reaper45

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
As much as fans like to crap on Kopi this season, he is still a +1. This would look much better if they weren't so bad with the goalie pulled. They are the worst in the league with 0 goals for and 14 against. Makes sense since they are so bad on the PP.

And for what its worth, Carter has looked alive in the last few games. Meaning not looking completely useless.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Kings aren't taking back a bad contract when it comes to a deal for Muzzin or Martinez. Taking back a bad contract might have to happen in a deal for Carter, but who cares. The Kings aren't winning with Carter. They can afford to take back a bad contract for a couple of seasons. The team that takes Carter will have to accept the risk beyond that. That is, if the Kings can even find a team that wants Carter.

The wild card is the upcoming CBA negotiation and the possibility of compliance buyouts.

You keep coming up with reasons why nothing can be done. I don't care if the team absolutely sucks for the next 2 or 3 seasons beyond this one. The Kings are going to need the high draft picks to rebuild the roster. If Doughty and Kopitar don't like it, they can move on.
Exactly. If the Kings have to take on a shorter bad contract than Carters to be rid of his, so be it. The positive is as you said they wont have to in a Muzzin or Martinez deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad