King Karlsson - The Captain and The Playoff Warrior

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
wth... Leetch had Zubov, Messier and sophomore Kovalev, hardly on an island by himself. I'm probably forgeting some guys too, that was a presidents trophy winning team.

No single player, regardless of position, aside from maybe goalie, can win by himself. But Dmen can certainly be the driving force behind teams.

With regards to Ottawa adding a guy like Tavares, that would go a long way, but they also need a stud #2 D, which hopefully Chabot will become. Ottawa has a roster full of very good support forwards and D, but only one Key piece

Adam Graves, Mike Gartner, Mike Richter, Tony Amonte, Esa Tikanen, Glenn Anderson, Steve Larmer, Kevin Lowe..

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Dude.... Anderson was awesome. I don't know how you could watch that series and say anything else. What a bizarre opinion.

He was literally the reason the series went 7 games and the reason the Pens offense looked anemic. The more I think about what you said, the less it makes any sense whatsoever. I'm not even an Ottawa fan and I'm fired up at it. :laugh:

Anderson, minus one game, did play very well in the series against Pittsburgh. But he was not anything great in both Boston and NY, except for 1 game each series.

But if you think he was great in the entire playoffs, I'm not sure what to tell you. There were 3 series, 1 he played very well in, the other 2... you likely didn't watch.

CenturionOne

Jun 28, 2011
Expatria
Hats of to Karlsson, he's gotta be as close as you'll get to an all-around complete dman . Also liked the other Swede on their D, Claeson (sp?).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Last time I saw a run like this was Pronger in 2006. Karlsson is the best hockey player in the world.

Best dman in the league. Probably one of the most likable players. I love his calm demeanor. He's so well spoken. I never condone kids looking up to players but the NHL does have a few great individuals to look up to w/ EK, Sid, etc.

EK already had my respect for years. I don't think he can get higher in my list, but for me I'm happy he go across to many other NHL fans.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
After seeing how he played in the playoffs, he definitely deserves the Norris this season and probably next one as well. He deserves it for that "warrior" effort.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Best dman in the league. Probably one of the most likable players. I love his calm demeanor. He's so well spoken. I never condone kids looking up to players but the NHL does have a few great individuals to look up to w/ EK, Sid, etc.

EK already had my respect for years. I don't think he can get higher in my list, but for me I'm happy he go across to many other NHL fans.
I'm a huge fan of Crosby, but I've made up my mind on Karlsson. I was on the fence between them until these playoffs.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
He's the best player in the world and by far should be MVP. Kind of like that year they didn't give Jordan the MVP, was a robbery.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Man did the senators ever make you look stupid this year eh. Rode the good luck drain October 13th all the the way to May 25th. Or at least that's your explanation. Nothing like chalking luck up to something you can't explain.

not at all. the sens overachieved and are done. Reminiscent of the 02-03 Wild.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Lol. Anderson is a veteran of the game but despite being at this venerable stage of his career, his technique doesn't even match that of many NHL rookies. Anderson is on his way to retirement with subpar fundamentals. His position, technique, stance... everything is flawed and well below NHL standards. I'm talking about basic things like covering your posts adequately.

He certainly has some talent, instincts and he's a real competitor. But not nearly enough to compensate for his technique and also, not often enough, because he's really the hot and cold type, capable of highlight reel stops but also stinkers. This explains why he's been at best a plan-B type of goalie most of his careers, when he wasn't just discarded.

I don't hate him or anything. We were rooting for him in our household and are disappointed the Sens lost. I'm also not saying he is the only reason the Senators lost. But the Sens would be in a lot better position if they had a consistent, technically sound goalie and for now, they have covered Anderson's inadequacies by implementing one of the most successful collective defensive system in recent years.

I think Anderson finishes his career as an amazing #2 on a contender and wins a cup. But he doesn't cut it as a #1. Not enough to carry a team to a Stanley Cup unless it's loaded with talent.

How are his fundamentals weak? Sure, he struggles badly on wrap around plays but otherwise he is one of the highest IQ goalies in the league. Ask the Rangers or the Bruins or even the Penguins themselves if they think his fundamentals are weak. He nearly carried Ottawa to the Cup Finals with his play in Game 6 and 7. We might be covering up his inadequacies now, but he's had to cover up our own deficiencies, especially defensively, for years. This was one of the most defensively sound Sens teams I've seen in a while. For the majority of the time he's been in Ottawa, we have been an absolutely awful defensive team who have won games because he has single handedly bailed us out

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I talked so much **** about Karlsson during the regular season.
Watching him play and just keying on him all throughout the playoffs one could argue he is the best player right now. Pretty crazy. I am not saying he is as my list right now is Crosby and Mcdavid/Karlsson. I will never talk down on him again though, what a player... what a treat to watch.

If a good player is on a team you dont like/ dont care about, you really miss out on watching greatness and enjoying what they bring to the game. *cough* flames fans.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Looking at the numbers when Karlsson is on and off the ice makes me happy and sad as a Sens fan. It's nice having such an elite talent, but it would be quite sad if we don't take advantage of it and surround him with a better team.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Karlsson is one of the best players in the game right now. Not THE best, people need to calm the hell down.

Classy player though, hard to not like the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: