King Karlsson - The Captain and The Playoff Warrior

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
needs more Karlsson highlights

[NHL2]brassard-beats-rask-from-doorstep/t-288496684/c-51514803[/NHL2]

All in one game.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Watching him is such a treat for neutral fans like myself. Just an unreal player and to be doing it with a fracture in his foot is just crazy.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Watching him is such a treat for neutral fans like myself. Just an unreal player and to be doing it with a fracture in his foot is just crazy.

As a Sens fan, I'm so impressed by his leadership. I questioned him becoming captain so young, but he's been great. You see him constantly talking to the team on the bench, if he's hurting he's still out there cheering on his team (see game ottawa clinched the playoffs) and if he calls out his team on poor play he is the first to get out there and change the game and lead by example.

He's matured a tonne the last few years and that's really cool to see.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Cox is a hack, literally trust my girlfriend's opinion more than him, and she bases who is going to win based on jersey colour.

Funny enough usually predictions based on silly things are the most likely to happen! Every year in our hockey playoff pool the winner is someone who chose teams based on which jersey they liked best or which city they would rather visit!

Although that comment looks awesome now 5 years later!

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
As a Sens fan, I'm so impressed by his leadership. I questioned him becoming captain so young, but he's been great. You see him constantly talking to the team on the bench, if he's hurting he's still out there cheering on his team (see game ottawa clinched the playoffs) and if he calls out his team on poor play he is the first to get out there and change the game and lead by example.

Agree. He also gets his "angry as hell look" when he really let the officials know that he think they made a mistake. I dont say that in any bad way, it is needed from a captain!
Karlsson is a beast, said it all season long and said after last season that i think it was a joke Doughty won Norris last season. I just like that Karlsson finally is getting the recognition he deserves. There is no argument anymore about him beeing bad defensively or the 4th forward. Guy is without a doubt the best defensemen in the NHL.

Kind of happy we lost against you. We need to get rid of Staal and Girardi to have a real chance to win the cup and the longer we go in the playoffs with them in the lineup the easier for AV and Gorton to ignore the problem... I was surprised we got past Habs with our d-core and not surprised we lost against you.
I also think you have a better chance against Pens/Caps then us. If Karlsson plays like he has done so far and Turris, Stone and Hoffman show up you have a very good chance imo. Pens is weak on defense without Letang and Caps has not looked great.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Agree. He also gets his "angry as hell look" when he really let the officials know that he think they made a mistake. I dont say that in any bad way, it is needed from a captain!
Karlsson is a beast, said it all season long and said after last season that i think it was a joke Doughty won Norris last season. I just like that Karlsson finally is getting the recognition he deserves. There is no argument anymore about him beeing bad defensively or the 4th forward. Guy is without a doubt the best defensemen in the NHL.

Kind of happy we lost against you. We need to get rid of Staal and Girardi to have a real chance to win the cup and the longer we go in the playoffs with them in the lineup the easier for AV and Gorton to ignore the problem... I was surprised we got past Habs with our d-core.
I also think you have a better chance against Pens/Caps then us. If Karlsson plays like he has done so far and Turris, Stone and Hoffman show up you have a very good chance imo. Pens is weak on defense without Letang and Caps has not looked great.

yeah he really does. I also think it is hilarious when his team is being awful and Karlsson is like "ok I'll do this myself" then he skates the puck end to end.

Next series will be interesting. I don't predict a sweep but I can't logically see Ottawa coming out of it ahead! That said they have found ways to win and come back in games, so we shall see if that continues!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
And this myth that he is a purely offensive defenceman needs to die.

There isn't another player I would want on the ice in the last minutes if I'm down a goal or up a goal.

He's elite defensively.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
If people just acknowledge he is on par with Crosby, McDavid, etc., we won't need these kinda threads.

It was sort of amazing how much he played those final 10 minutes against the Rangers. Boucher didn't draw it up like that. There were a bunch of icings and just the way the lines played out. It looked like he was on the ice the entire time and was very, very good with his clears, given the pressure the Rangers were posing. I would submit it as Exhibit A, Karlsson's clutch defensive capabilities. Even though I don't think Boucher wanted him playing so many of those minutes.

He has a jump on other people, even in situations like that, where they're defending a lead to win a series and it's entirely in the Sens zone. It's like he has an extra half second to make a play and clear the puck.

It was impressive. Even moreso than the Hoffman assist or goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad