King Karlsson - The Captain and The Playoff Warrior

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Too bad Ottawa is missing a top quality forward to really complement Karlsson.

This has to be the #1 priority going into the offseason.

You have Erik and the team has the heart. They need a star up front to improve on this year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Played his best game of the series last night. I have grown to have a huge amount of respect for EK. Definitely one of the best players in the game. Top 3 for sure.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Have to say the man handles himself well in interviews, reminds me of Crosby in good ways. Amazing player. Hope Melnyk finally ponies up and gives him players that can take more advantage of his skillset.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
You are funny. Guess what are the Sharks then? :biglaugh:

also playoff failures. learn to embrace it. whether a player is any good has no bearing on HF's judgment. you win the cup or you are a playoff failure.

do it a few times and he'll be a choker.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
also playoff failures. learn to embrace it. whether a player is any good has no bearing on HF's judgment. you win the cup or you are a playoff failure.

This playoff performance by Karlsson trumps anything Jumbo Joe has ever done past game 82. Also see his performances for Sweden. The guy is the furthest thing from a choker. Nice try ...

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I think it's time to acknowledge his teammates. They don't get almost any praise at all, it seems like it's the Ottawa Karlssons. And for the regular season I would agree to that to a certain degree, however in the playoffs it's been more than just Karlsson.

Brassard played great. Stone was awesome. Hoffman was awesome. Turris had a solid playoffs. Ryan had a good playoffs. Pageau finally to a degree looked like the plague. Phaneuf and Methot were solid. Anderson had a great playoffs.

So, even though Karlsson ran the team as a captain should, his teammates really stepped up.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I think it's time to acknowledge his teammates. They don't get almost any praise at all, it seems like it's the Ottawa Karlssons. And for the regular season I would agree to that to a certain degree, however in the playoffs it's been more than just Karlsson.

Brassard played great. Stone was awesome. Hoffman was awesome. Turris had a solid playoffs. Ryan had a good playoffs. Pageau finally to a degree looked like the plague. Phaneuf and Methot were solid. Anderson had a great playoffs.

So, even though Karlsson ran the team as a captain should, his teammates really stepped up.

Honestly Hoffman/Stone/Brassard didn't play all that great.. Out of the three i'd say Brassard was the best, but he never really had one of those stand out games like Anderson/Pageau/Karlsson/Turris.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
This was an unreal playoff run. In 19 GP, 18 points, +13 (I think the team when he was on the bench was -11), he has the best CF in the entire playoffs and played most minutes by far despite being injured.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa: 47GF 50GA
Karlsson ON: 32GF 16 GA
Karlsson OFF: 15 GF 34 GA

That looks like all situations,

5v5 numbers, for those that care,

On Ice
TOI|GF|GA|GF%|CF/60|CA/60|CF%
412:20 |21 (3.06/60)| 10 (1.46/60) |67.7%|54.57| 47.73| 53.3

Off Ice
598:26|13(1.30/60)|24 (2.41/60)|35.1%|50.53 |58.35 |46.4 %

If Ottawa could even approach breaking even with Karlsson off the ice, they'd be laughing.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

While I agree that Other players have done well, all you need to do is look at the With Karlsson VS Without Karlsson to see that he really is THE guy.

I mean,

Also on the ice for 10/11 GWG.

Plus all the advanced stats that Micklebot put about.

I mean the team is twice as good when he's on. Credit to the forwards who scored, but they barely score without Karlsson. If you can't see that without Karlsson this team probably doesn't sniff at the playoffs, or winning a round... I don't know what to say.

Bengan

Mar 14, 2015
Sweden
He is from Gothenburg, so he has an annoying accent when he speaks Swedish aswell.

Nope, not from Gothenburg. He is from Småland which you can hear by his accent. He ended up in the Frölunda elite prospect org after things didn't work out in the Södertälje elite prospect org.

I think these playoffs cemented Karlssons reputation as the best defenseman in the world. As a swede, I'm extremely proud of him.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015

On Ice

Off Ice

If Ottawa could even approach breaking even with Karlsson off the ice, they'd be laughing.

I think the 5on5 GF/GA is wrong however, his +\- is +13.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Do you really believe that's why SJ has that label? Teams that make it beyond expectations aren't the chokers, teams that fail to meet expectations are.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
While I agree that Other players have done well, all you need to do is look at the With Karlsson VS Without Karlsson to see that he really is THE guy.

I mean,

Also on the ice for 10/11 GWG.

Plus all the advanced stats that Micklebot put about.

I mean the team is twice as good when he's on. Credit to the forwards who scored, but they barely score without Karlsson. If you can't see that without Karlsson this team probably doesn't sniff at the playoffs, or winning a round... I don't know what to say.

Dude is an absolute monster. And to do all that with an injured foot is amazing (I can't find any further words here). I just hope everyone finally shuts up about "EK sucks at defense".

The handshake with Crosby was cool to see- you could tell how much respect they had for each other.

Donzo

Jun 17, 2009
Denver, CO
As a neutral fan, these playoffs have crystallized the fact that EK is the best defenseman in the world, period.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Played his best game of the series last night. I have grown to have a huge amount of respect for EK. Definitely one of the best players in the game. Top 3 for sure.

Best player in the game. Shutting down Crosby and Malkin playing as many minutes, while also being an offensive catalyst, on one leg. Legendary stuff.

I hope the Sens complement him with a star forward while Anderson's still around, meaning as soon as next season.

Really, you get 2 for the price of 1 with Karlsson. He can shutdown stars while being a great offensive player. His vision and play making is second to none.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I was cheering for Ottawa to get in to the finals, but as a consolation prize, I hope that everyone now realizes how good Erik Karlsson truly is. Barring injury, he should be the front runner for many Norrises to come. It's a shame that he has been snubbed for a few already.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

On Ice

Off Ice

This is ridiculous.

Ottawa is basically an elite team when he is on and a bottom feeder when he is off.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
This is ridiculous.

Ottawa is basically an elite team when he is on and a bottom feeder when he is off.

And that's exactly what the eye test illustrates too, ya.

Karlsson is the entire team. Without him I seriously wouldn't watch the Senators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad