Post-Game Talk: King Auston re-takes his seat on the Throne. Leafs beat Sharks 5-3!

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Leafs are good and everyone knows it.
The frigging coach won a couple gold medals and various cups in hockey.How the hell can people keep disagreeing with who he plays and for how long they play.
Coach looks good because of Goldie,godlier makes everyone look good.Leafs defense is fine and always was fine.
San Jose has the scariest best defense on paper but I would still take Leafs defense with the coach.

Oh crap did I say winning the Stanley cup is mostly luck.
Leafs will win the Stanley cup in my lifetime so I can Die in peace.
1 round at a time.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I fully agree with this. even before Matthews got hurt I thought Marner was our best player. My God it would be great if he could get some goals. I find it kinda crazy the guys only got 6 goals 30 assists

Marner is the assist version of Laine.

Matthews is a tier above both in my opinion. Remember Matthews isn't even done developing.

Okay maybe not a whole tier but ahead nonetheless.

Reactions: Welsh Maple Leaf

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Marner is the assist version of Laine.

Matthews is a tier above both in my opinion. Remember Matthews isn't even done developing.

Okay maybe not a whole tier but ahead nonetheless.
Does anyone doubt taking Matthews over Laine outside of Winnipeg?

I’ve read some people saying it but I’m not sure it’s an attempt to piss off Leaf fans.

Reactions: Havoc

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
I fully agree with this. even before Matthews got hurt I thought Marner was our best player. My God it would be great if he could get some goals. I find it kinda crazy the guys only got 6 goals 30 assists
Should have had a goal last night. Tavares is going to be the beneficiary of Marner not only being a pass first guy but having the ability to manipulate the play for high goal scoring opportunities. Match made in Heaven.

Reactions: hotpaws

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
He's way better than Curry. Matthews is beastly like LBJ but without the drama.
I was just try to say that shot and spot Matthews takes is money. Like Curry when he takes his threes. Oh well my metaphor is ruined now.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
doctor-who-what-confused-MSaycjiiWDBOE

How do you celebrate every win by dumping on anyone whose ever questioned babs(cool hobby by the way) while being aware that Brown is terrible?
How do you make zero sense. I'd pose it as a question but then it would suggest an answer.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Just found out that the Leafs haven't swept the Sharks in a season series since they moved back to the eastern conference. They did beat the Sharks a few times before the 2013 shorten season but those were single games.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Matthews was obviously super rusty you could see it in his stick handling and shot(aside from that laser lol) but when you have that type of talent, a rusty version of you is still the 2nd best player in the nhl.

member 157595

I’ve read some people saying it but I’m not sure it’s an attempt to piss off Leaf fans.

It's not even Winnipeg, it's the fanboys from overseas. Every once in a while this one guy pops up on the main boards that thinks Laine's start to his career is superior to Ovechkin's. :laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah but he's a terrible coach, Hyman..yada yada..Brown..yada yada...yada yada yada

He has a flaw. When you have an abundance of skill you play that over RPG madness. Babs is an NHL RPG coach and Polak said pretty much that.

Brown played 18mins, killed a penalty which is his thing and outside that did nothing while Leivo created a goal 3rd Assist and a few scoring chances with far less minutes.

It's just pointing out reality. It does shift the debate into does the RPG style coaching help us win more or would it be better with skill at the top.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I love how people on the main board have now shifted from the Leafs being a bad team to being a short term contender.

“The Leafs are good but they will have to pay 40M to keep all their stars so they will soon be a bad team so enjoy your short window”

Lol. They wish they could have the situation the Leafs are in right now.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

member 157595

I love how people on the main board have now shifted from the Leafs being a bad team to being a short term contender.

“The Leafs are good but they will have to pay 40M to keep all their stars so they will soon be a bad team so enjoy your short window”

Lol. They wish they could have the situation the Leafs are in right now.

I seriously have to wonder what kind of existence someone is living when said person feels it is worth their time to post ad nauseam about how much they hate a sports team on a message board.

Like...that's genuinely sad.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I give you a lot of props for admitting this.
I know you were once a Brown truther but its nice to see people eat crow on certain players.
Brown should be on our 4th line and PK.
Hey dude, I didn't really get this comment but whatever. That said, I've just looked back at my Brown comments and going back to last year I said he was a fourth liner with no chemistry, also said he had a bad year. So can you eat "some crow" and apologize for calling out the wrong guy? Thanks.

Reactions: thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hey dude, I didn't really get this comment but whatever. That said, I've just looked back at my Brown comments and going back to last year I said he was a fourth liner with no chemistry, also said he has a bad year. So can you eat "some crow" and apologize for calling on the wrong guy? Thanks.

Brown's a hack. Coaches almost always find some hack to fall in love with. Happens in all leagues for some reason.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Pretty sure even Jets fans would much rather have Scheifele centering their second line and Matthews on their first and no Laine than to have Little on their second line with Laine.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Also Hainsey's game tonight gives me a little more urge to want to go out and try to land Pietrangelo (who I suspect could be had) in a reasonable deal ... That could solve some issues on the blue line in terms of sustainability and quality.

The Leafs have been on a downward trend as far as SA/G but they have been solid at limiting dangerous chances

Yep, Pietrangelo would look good, but I don't want to part with any of: Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Andersen.

If the Blues decide to rebuild, and while they have some nice young players, they have not looked like an up and coming team the past couple of seasons.

Maybe a package of youth for Pietrangelo, and Leafs eat a bad contract for this year (Bouwmeester - 5th. in TOI/g for defenders)?

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
This is great and all, but just imagine this team when Nylander comes back lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad