Post-Game Talk: King Auston re-takes his seat on the Throne. Leafs beat Sharks 5-3!

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Brown's a hack. Coaches almost always find some hack to fall in love with. Happens in all leagues for some reason.
Who on the marlies would you rather play instead of Brown? Brown hasnt been very good offensively but we all knew he is a 3rd line player...

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We've been playing well as of late but this team still has flaws defensively, most notably Hainsey in the top 4 with his multiple gaffes every game. If not for Freddy, there's no chance we go 10-5 without Matthews.

The Hainsey situation really needs to be addressed prior to the trade deadline. In the playoffs, all it takes is one mistake and you're out.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Who on the marlies would you rather play instead of Brown? Brown hasnt been very good offensively but we all knew he is a 3rd line player...

He's just not a 3rd liner. 4th liner, sure.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yep, Pietrangelo would look good, but I don't want to part with any of: Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Andersen.

If the Blues decide to rebuild, and while they have some nice young players, they have not looked like an up and coming team the past couple of seasons.

Maybe a package of youth for Pietrangelo, and Leafs eat a bad contract for this year (Bouwmeester - 5th. in TOI/g for defenders)?
I do too. Bring another Toronto GTHL kid back home. But agree it will cost a core player. Likely a Dermott and a Kappy which i would have trouble pulling that trigger.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Move Brown down to 4th line. I can't believe I'm saying it. I am a big Brown supporter but his days of winning puck battles and getting chances every game like in his rookie year are over. At some point you need to earn your ice and Brownie knows that too.

Reactions: thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Move Brown down to 4th line. I can't believe I'm saying it. I am a big Brown supporter but his days of winning puck battles and getting chances every game like in his rookie year are over. At some point you need to earn your ice and Brownie knows that too.

As a fan we give benefit of the doubt and as a coach as well. Eventually time comes to face reality and be honest with ourselves about the situation and that situation is that Brown is simply not playing like a top 9 player this season. He doesn't deserve the minutes he gets but does do well on the PK.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
He's just not a 3rd liner. 4th liner, sure.
Better than Gauthier, more consistent than Ennis.. If we needed more goal scoring then Id be all for Leivo on the 3rd and Brown on the 4th but clearly we dont need help in that department. Brown is faster, grittier and better defensively than Leivo. He hasnt been bad enough to make a desperation trade and spent draft picks on a 3rd liner.. Might as well just leave him there and wait till he plays better, he has the talent to score 20 goals wait till he starts playing like that again no need to trade for a 3rd line player just so we can bump him down to the 4th line

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Better than Gauthier, more consistent than Ennis.. If we needed more goal scoring then Id be all for Leivo on the 3rd and Brown on the 4th but clearly we dont need help in that department. Brown is faster, grittier and better defensively than Leivo. He hasnt been bad enough to make a desperation trade and spent draft picks on a 3rd liner.. Might as well just leave him there and wait till he plays better, he has the talent to score 20 goals wait till he starts playing like that again no need to trade for a 3rd line player just so we can bump him down to the 4th line

Depends how you view better defensively. It would seem to me Brown and company have spent far much more time in our end of the rink than Leivo and his mates. I understand different quality of competition but the imbalance has screamed all along that Leivo and even Ennis should be higher in the lineup.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
i couldnt care less if Marner only scores six goals all year. He is getting two or three assist a night means someone else in putting the puck in the net. Im 100 per cent sure JT is happy right now. 14 of his 17 goals have been tap ins.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I hope so but I have been hoping now since XMas 2017. It has been almost 1 full year of poor play. At some point he must step it up this is the NHL. At this point he is not faster or grittier than Leivo. Yes he is better defensively. Leivo easily manhandled Brown in camp in the corners. Leivo is one strong dude on his skates. He and Hyman are a treat to watch fight for pucks in the corners.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Depends how you view better defensively. It would seem to me Brown and company have spent far much more time in our end of the rink than Leivo and his mates. I understand different quality of competition but the imbalance has screamed all along that Leivo and even Ennis should be higher in the lineup.
Fair enough,. I think with Babcock its the speed and consistency in forechecking/backchecking that he values higher in brown than the inconsistent but decent offensive streaks in ennis/leivo

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Fair enough,. I think with Babcock its the speed and consistency in forechecking/backchecking that he values higher in brown than the inconsistent but decent offensive streaks in ennis/leivo

I think this is it exactly.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
After Leafs lost to Bruins and Sharks advanced in the first round last year many asked if Marleau would regret leaving the Sharks. Doubt Marleau had any regrets then and now.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Also, Hainsey flat out SUCKS.

Our PK is starting to take a nose dive and needs to correct itself asap.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

With Matthews and Nylander back the 4th. line is going to have Brown.

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown

Reactions: Ulysses31

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
I love Matthews and all but that one guy saying he is better in hockey than Curry is in basketball don't know jack shit about basketball lol.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
upload_2018-11-29_10-53-14.jpeg

KING IN THE NORTH

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad