Post-Game Talk: King Auston re-takes his seat on the Throne. Leafs beat Sharks 5-3!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Probably just off of some historical data .. The Leafs have an the 10th/11th ranked PK the last two seasons - not amazing or elite, but good and those two play a lot of minutes on it.

It's dropped to 20th recently though after starting the year strong.
Good for the last couple of years, when Komarov was the main PKer, dropping off now. Oddly enough, the Islanders had the worst PK in the league last year, and are much better now,with Komarov one of the top PKers.

I wonder what the common theme is....

Reactions: Duffman955

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Good for the last couple of years, when Komarov was the main PKer, dropping off now. Oddly enough, the Islanders had the worst PK in the league last year, and are much better now,with Komarov one of the top PKers.

I wonder what the common theme is....

Leafs one of the least penalized teams and get the fewest PPs also.

Put them middle of the pack in both and I say they improve in PP and PK numbers.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
Leafs one of the least penalized teams and get the fewest PPs also.

Put them middle of the pack in both and I say they improve in PP and PK numbers.

Auston will make the PP feared again. We need to hope we can start drawing some more.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Great team win but Hainsey had a pretty rough game.

He's the weak link on this team, IMO. As a 3rd pairing guy he's great, but he can't be counted to shoulder 1st pairing load.

We need a RHD to pair with Rielly which is probably the final piece of the puzzle.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, what’s made that incredible was he pointed to the equipment manager right away.
What I thought was incredible, He broke his stick in our own end but went 100 percent for the bench like he knew the play was going to develop in the way it did, There wasn't a 1/100th of a second wasted anywhere. Just amazing! Assist of the year! The equipment guy getting the stick that fast was amazing as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad