Confirmed with Link: Kindl extended 4 years 9.6 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Craig Custance:

Ken Holland getting business done today but don't hold your breath for any extension news for Damien Brunner or Valtteri Filppula.

Could we add Cleary to that list?

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Craig Custance:

Have to assume (hope?) that any business the Wings have to do with Cleary is going to wait until the Lecavalier business sorts itself out.

I doubt they'd use up a bunch of cap room on Cleary and possibly take themselves out of the running for good players.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Craig Custance:

I hope they've already moved on from Daniel. If he want's to stay here at 1M or under and be the 13th or 14th forward. Fine, I can live with it. I'm hoping he tests the FA waters and some moronic team offers him a 3 yr 8 or 9M deal.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
That is a REALLY good deal. Kindl is at worst a solid 2nd pairing guy who can play significant PP minutes.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Very good signing by Kenny. This is definitely one of his best retention signings over the last handful of years.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
What this makes me think is that re-signing the RFAs is going to be more expensive than previously thought. If Brunner comes back, you can probably only expect 1 UFA signing, maximum.

Unless they buy out Sammy and Bert/CC. 5-6 million in free cap space right there.

Gives them 11-12 million to work with, even after Kindl's cap hit applies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Nice, like how we got him locked up for cheap. 2 years of prime ufa locked up for 2.4 per year good/great value.

Granted in the other thread I gave myself a lotta leeway but I guessed betwen 2-2.5 million. Was wrong about the term though think I thought it would be 2-3.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Unless they buy out Sammy and Bert/CC. 5-6 million in free cap space right there.

Gives them 11-12 million to work with, even after Kindl's cap hit applies.

I don't think they will use both buyouts this year. I hope sammy gets bought out but I think they will want 1 open for next year.

Bert being almost 40 is a sure thing of being able to fail a physical by the team so he can easily be ltr'd this year. And hopefully CC can be traded for some kind of a mid round pick on sunday.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Was hoping for 1.75-2M... I'm expecting a 50point season soon or I will be disappointed

:laugh: save yourself the time and just continue to be disappointed.

50 pts would make him a top 5-10 offensive defenceman in the league, and would earn him 3 times that cap hit.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
4 years surprises me something fierce. They really are high on Kindl. That's not a bad thing.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
4 years surprises me something fierce. They really are high on Kindl. That's not a bad thing.

I think it's a way to assure he becomes an asset aswell. From his side it was probably a one year deal so he can hit the market next summer, or a longer deal. Signing him to a one year deal watching him take another step in his game, just to hit the market next summer, would've sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad