Confirmed with Link: Kindl extended 4 years 9.6 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Det signs J.Kindl 4 years $9.6M.

My first reaction is great signing. If Kindl continues to grow this could end up being the best contract on the team very soon. I thought he showed a lot of improvement last year, very happy with this.

RedWingsNow*

Good stuff.
I didn't expect either side to commit beyond 2 years. The Wings haven't been sold on JK, and JK must have been frustrated at times with the Wings.

I like Kindl. He's never going to a great two-way guy and I think he's always going to have glaring giveaways on the breakout.

But Kronwall hasn't been very good on the PP. We could hand that job off to Kindl, who manages the blueline in a way reminiscent of Lidstrom.
We could also jack up his stats doing this.

Two years from now, when Sproul, Ouellete, Jensen, Backman and Marchenko may be ready for a job -- Kindl with a 12 goal, 50 point season and 2 years left on a great deal might have tremendous trade value.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
$2.4million AAV for 4 years. I'll take it, he has shown signs of improving and is a solid top 4 defenseman for the future.

Smith, Nyquist and Andersson next....

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
The cap hit pretty much confirms that Cola is gone, I'm confident they are trading him away now. I'm just hoping that we don't overpay some of our other RFA's. I feel that the number is quite high because this is locking up Kindl through his prime UFA years.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Kindl was easily the team's most improved player this season, and he has the rare gift of being able to consistently get shots on net through a crowd.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Pretty sure this means:

Kronwall-Ericsson
DeKeyser-Kindl
Quincey-Smith
Lashoff

Although I'd pair DD and Smith...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Signed through 26-30 years of age. Think there's a good chance we could get some value out of it.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
2.4 is a great price; defensemen are basically overpaid by virtue of being a defenseman.

I think this could have been more painful; Kindl may come to regret tacking that 4th year on there at this price.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Not sure if I like it. I've never been a big fan of his & I don't think he'll get past our bottom pairing. But if the Wings believe that he will continue to develop & become a number 4, or higher, for us then I guess it's not bad.

I guess we can expect to see CC bought out soon then.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Great deal.

This is an investment more than anything. Give him a safe payday, and hope he turns into a 4 mil defenseman during the process.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I said 3x$2.25, so I was in the ballpark. This is a fair deal for both sides. They'd just better hope this season wasn't his peak.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
I said 3x$2.25, so I was in the ballpark. This is a fair deal for both sides. They'd just better hope this season wasn't his peak.

Yeah, that's my only worry about it. That having been said; it's much easier to move a 2.4 million dollar contract when almost everyone out there with a pulse is making 3+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad