Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
The Bundy movie with Zac Efron as Bundy was pretty good.

Gary Ridgway was probably the most low-key serial killer ever. Got away with murdering prostitutes in the Sea-Tac area for nearly 20 years. I'm quite surprised there hasn't been a major motion picture about him yet.

I remember reading about him that his IQ is 82 which is below average among the rest of society. A few other big time criminals in US:
Ng, Williams, BTK, Son of Sam, Watts.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Historical case where NG committed horrific crimes in California and fled to Calgary Alberta to escape authorities during the 1980's and ended up shooting a security officer in the Bay department store in Calgary.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I remember reading about him that his IQ is 82 which is below average among the rest of society. A few other big time criminals in US:
Ng, Williams, BTK, Son of Sam, Watts.

Ridgeway was known as "The Green River Killer" as several of his first victims were found in or near the Green River in King County. He was on their suspect list early on because he was charged for being a John but he passed a lie detector test so they removed him from the suspect list.

He was not your typical serial. He was married, had children, had a full time job (he painted big rigs at the Kenworth factory) and didn't really stray from the Seattle area unless he was on vacation. Some unsolved BC murders may be Ridgway's as the MO is similar but if I remember right, most were eventually linked to Pickton.

He got away with it for so long because he used pictures of his children to lure his victims by saying if he was the GRK, would he have a family and used family photos to earn their trust and calm their nerves.

"Chasing the Devil" by the Sheriff who eventually put the puzzle together and captured him is a good read.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Ridgeway was known as "The Green River Killer" as several of his first victims were found in or near the Green River in King County. He was on their suspect list early on because he was charged for being a John but he passed a lie detector test so they removed him from the suspect list.

He was not your typical serial. He was married, had children, had a full time job (he painted big rigs at the Kenworth factory) and didn't really stray from the Seattle area unless he was on vacation. Some unsolved BC murders may be Ridgway's as the MO is similar but if I remember right, most were eventually linked to Pickton.

He got away with it for so long because he used pictures of his children to lure his victims by saying if he was the GRK, would he have a family and used family photos to earn their trust and calm their nerves.

"Chasing the Devil" by the Sheriff who eventually put the puzzle together and captured him is a good read.

I remember reading a long time ago that many unsolved killings in BC were possibly linked to another criminal named Bobby Jack Fowler but he died in 2006.

Reactions: McFuhryous

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Fowler is a suspect or person of interest in at least 16 murders in British Columbia and Oregon[6] dating as far back as 1969.

Fowler was a Truck driver that died in 2006 from lung cancer.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Bobby_Jack_Fowler
I remember back too when I was in Spokane with family on vacation and reading the local news paper that a maniac was on the loose...glad that he was finally caught:

Robert Lee Yates is the man.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
It's pretty good. No host, just straight up documentary style interviews, archived footage and information. Your typical "whodunit" police crime show, but the online world is abuzz about the stepdad in Episode 2.
Once my kid goes to bed this morning. Giving it a go! Been serving off sons of anarchy and forensic files. Need a change hahaha.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
It's pretty good. No host, just straight up documentary style interviews, archived footage and information. Your typical "whodunit" police crime show, but the online world is abuzz about the stepdad in Episode 2.
Just watched the first episode.

At first I thought the husband was schizophrenic, but something tells me the company he worked for had something to do with it. Very odd.....

Reactions: McFuhryous

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Hopefully they handle her case better than the Epstain (sic) one.
William Barr will do his best to make sure he protects Ghislaine like Epstein.

William Barr's father, Donald, gave Jeffrey his first teaching job, despite not being qualified.

There are too many connections hard to ignore.

The thing with "conspiracy theorists" is, we are always looking to find logical inaccuracies and plot holes, the same way film enthusiasts study movies. Except this is non-fiction, and a lot more entertaining.

Reactions: Dorian2

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

William Barr's father, Donald, gave Jeffrey his first teaching job, despite not being qualified.

The thing with "conspiracy theorists" is, we are always looking to find logical inaccuracies and plot holes, the same way film enthusiasts study movies. Except this is non-fiction, and a lot more entertaining.
And like film enthusiasts, the conclusions you come to are often a step out or reality

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I stopped when the community in general turned into Trump is our Savior that will save us from the global elites. Watching a group that questioned everything starting to just grovel over Trump turned me away
Those people are not truth seekers. No politician or billionaire should be trusted.

Reactions: yukoner88

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

I'm not into that type of thing, but I do understand the different levels that certain people will take the theories. As long as there's an understanding that not everyone fits into the same form factor as others and there's room for different ideologies, ways of thinking, my mind stays pretty wide open. Problems start only when things are taken to far in many contexts. We have a friend who's ex is into the conspiracy thing but I think in that case it got a bit too much for her family at times. Everyone's different.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just watched the first episode.

At first I thought the husband was schizophrenic, but something tells me the company he worked for had something to do with it. Very odd.....

Yeah that was clearly a setup by his supposed best friend. I think someone lost a lot of money on a rebound stock article the victim wrote. Then the whole finance firm lawyers up and won't allow employees to talk to investigators. That's not fishy at all.

Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad