Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Who is else watching the new season of Alone on History? Spending 100 days in the Artic is a monstrous challenge, especially when you factor in the winter months. Roland is my guess for the winner, should there be one.

The longest I have spent in the bush was 57 days. I had to head home after breaking my hand. It hass been 8 years since I last camped, and this show is making me develop that proverbial itch again.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I met gino when he and Theo fleury played for Horse lake. They came to innisfail when playing provincials to qualify for the Allen Cup.

Ginos arms n shoulders were f***ing massive.

Man, that Horse Lake team was such a going concern at the time. I was living near the area at the time and it was a nice draw to see Theo and Gino rolling into the little arenas. Really too bad that Horse Lake doesn't even have a team any longer, but that's Sr league hockey for ya.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Man, that Horse Lake team was such a going concern at the time. I was living near the area at the time and it was a nice draw to see Theo and Gino rolling into the little arenas. Really too bad that Horse Lake doesn't even have a team any longer, but that's Sr league hockey for ya.

I remember there being rumours that the Horse Lake team was paying those 2 a fair bit of money to go play for them. The team reps outright denied those rumours and as soon as the season ended, the team ceased operations due to running out of funds :laugh:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I remember there being rumours that the Horse Lake team was paying those 2 a fair bit of money to go play for them. The team reps outright denied those rumours and as soon as the season ended, the team ceased operations due to running out of funds :laugh:

Yeah I remember that as well. Huge fancy new arena, and then Fleury was ranting to the media all the time. It was hilarious. It felt like Sr hockey to a tee. It's the reason I attended Sr Men's hockey - for the BS and drama....the hockey was rarely that great hahaha.

Reactions: yukoner88

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Who is else watching the new season of Alone on History? Spending 100 days in the Artic is a monstrous challenge, especially when you factor in the winter months. Roland is my guess for the winner, should there be one.

The longest I have spent in the bush was 57 days. I had to head home after breaking my hand. It hass been 8 years since I last camped, and this show is making me develop that proverbial itch again.
So far Season 7 is shaping up to be one of my favourite. I love learning bushcraft. You should apply to be on the show. My buddy has applied the last 2 seasons.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gino was on story time with Gregor and Struds a week ago or so. He was pretty funny.

Good stories about Bure and how they had such mutual respect for each other on and off the ice.

Bure telling him not to move so Keenan could talk to him was a good one too. Kennan had some comment about if your buddy doesn't move I'll trade him. Believe the next day Gino was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->