Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Bobby_Jack_Fowler
I remember back too when I was in Spokane with family on vacation and reading the local news paper that a maniac was on the loose...glad that he was finally caught:

Robert Lee Yates is the man.

Interesting. Our family and a number of others went up to Clearwater BC for a number of years when me and my bro were 9 - 12 years old. RCMP stopped and questioned my Dad because he had some of the same facial features as this guy who was recently sighted in the area we were hanging around. I often wonder how close we were to being victims.

8uqmY3l.jpg

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Interesting. Our family and a number of others went up to Clearwater BC for a number of years when me and my bro were 9 - 12 years old. RCMP stopped and questioned my Dad because he had some of the same facial features as this guy who was recently sighted in the area we were hanging around. I often wonder how close we were to being victims.

8uqmY3l.jpg

Thank god Clifford Olson is deceased.

RIP to the kids.

Reactions: Dorian2

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Yeah that was clearly a setup by his supposed best friend. I think someone lost a lot of money on a rebound stock article the victim wrote. Then the whole finance firm lawyers up and won't allow employees to talk to investigators. That's not fishy at all.
My spouse said the exact same thing. I agree.... the only thing that confuses me was the fall..... I didn’t understand how it was 45 feet from the building? Even if you threw someone.... I didn’t understand how that was possible.

Reactions: McFuhryous

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Ghislaine Maxwell and Kevin Spacey allegedly sitting in the Queen's fancy chairs. Her goofy son, Andrew, is said to have
p1-watermarked_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqD-CneZQuK89LeBDiREmPISCbVVBq0Vha1OtGW9EJxoY.jpg
invited his creepy friends over in 2002: the year of this picture. I can only imagine the fun the three demented parasites shared that night.

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Ridgeway was known as "The Green River Killer" as several of his first victims were found in or near the Green River in King County. He was on their suspect list early on because he was charged for being a John but he passed a lie detector test so they removed him from the suspect list.

He was not your typical serial. He was married, had children, had a full time job (he painted big rigs at the Kenworth factory) and didn't really stray from the Seattle area unless he was on vacation. Some unsolved BC murders may be Ridgway's as the MO is similar but if I remember right, most were eventually linked to Pickton.

He got away with it for so long because he used pictures of his children to lure his victims by saying if he was the GRK, would he have a family and used family photos to earn their trust and calm their nerves.

"Chasing the Devil" by the Sheriff who eventually put the puzzle together and captured him is a good read.

Green River , Running Red is another excellent read by the late Ann Rule on Gary Ridgeway. I had no idea or forgot that he passed a lie detector test. Aside from DNA, there's some other evidence that's fascinating in capturing him. Them specks is all I'll say. Ridgeway choosing prostitutes mostly as his victims helped him elude capture in that they were a group that weren't valued much in society back then and were mostly thought to be runaways when reported missing.
Stranger Beside Me , Helter Skelter and Green River, Running Red are must reads for any true crime fan. I'll check Overdrive or Hoopla for your mention.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Green River , Running Red is another excellent read by the late Ann Rule on Gary Ridgeway. I had no idea or forgot that he passed a lie detector test. Aside from DNA, there's some other evidence that's fascinating in capturing him. Them specks is all I'll say. Ridgeway choosing prostitutes mostly as his victims helped him elude capture in that they were a group that weren't valued much in society back then and were mostly thought to be runaways when reported missing.
Stranger Beside Me , Helter Skelter and Green River, Running Red are must reads for any true crime fan. I'll check Overdrive or Hoopla for your mention.

Yep, Gary fooled the machine. He truly thought or believed he was cleansing the world of filth and didn't think he was doing anything wrong and is why he was able to pass it. I'm glad you mentioned the paint flecks...I couldn't remember 100% if that played a part in his capture or not.

“Green River Killer” Gary Leon Ridgway’s Polygraph Charts – AntiPolygraph.org News

Speaking of Ann Rule, she sat in the cubicle next to Ted Bundy and befriended him when they volunteered at a University of Washington crisis hotline, hence the title of her book"The Stranger Beside Me". Bundy also played a part in helping to create a profile of Ridgway with Reichert while he was on death row in Florida. Part of me really thinks Bundy wanted the GRK caught because he was treading on his territory. I'll have to have a gander at Ann Rule's book. I really liked Reichert's account of his events because he was literally there, in the trenches experiencing it as a lead investigator.

Reactions: Dorian2

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yep, Gary fooled the machine. He truly thought or believed he was cleansing the world of filth and didn't think he was doing anything wrong and is why he was able to pass it. I'm glad you mentioned the paint flecks...I couldn't remember 100% if that played a part in his capture or not.

“Green River Killer” Gary Leon Ridgway’s Polygraph Charts – AntiPolygraph.org News

Speaking of Ann Rule, she sat in the cubicle next to Ted Bundy and befriended him when they volunteered at a University of Washington crisis hotline, hence the title of her book"The Stranger Beside Me". Bundy also played a part in helping to create a profile of Ridgway with Reichert while he was on death row in Florida. Part of me really thinks Bundy wanted the GRK caught because he was treading on his territory. I'll have to have a gander at Ann Rule's book. I really liked Reichert's account of his events because he was literally there, in the trenches experiencing it as a lead investigator.
Yes, she did . There's a chapter in that book that's really tough to get through. The sorority murders were horrific, I do agree that Bundy wanted GRK caught for he didn't want him having a higher victim count and thinking that the territory was his own. F'd up thinking. Strange how the Pacific Northwest spawned all these serial killers. I include Northern Calfornia, Oregon , Washington and B.C in that region. Thanks for the link. Link for everything ...lol

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yes, she did . There's a chapter in that book that's really tough to get through. The sorority murders were horrific, I do agree that Bundy wanted GRK caught for he didn't want him having a higher victim count and thinking that the territory was his own. F'd up thinking. Strange how the Pacific Northwest spawned all these serial killers. I include Northern Calfornia, Oregon , Washington and B.C in that region. Thanks for the link. Link for everything ...lol

No problem!

Two more interesting serial killers:

Rodney Alcala was a guest on the TV game show "The Dating Game" back in the late 70's, and was chosen by the contestant in the end.

This, while he was actively murdering young girls and women (let that sink in).

Randall Woodfield was the "I-5 Killer" and a former NFL draft pick of the Packers.

Randall Woodfield - Wikipedia

Last edited:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
No problem!

Two more interesting serial killers:

Rodney Alcala was a guest on the TV game show "The Dating Game" back in the late 70's, and was chosen by the contestant in the end.

This, while he was actively murdering young girls and women (let that sink in).

Randall Woodfield was the "I-5 Killer" and a former NFL draft pick of the Packers.

Randall Woodfield - Wikipedia

I remember seeing this a long time ago about Alcala.

Crazy stuff.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Over the last year I have really gotten into Critical Role and have been working my way through their first campaign. It is really entertaining if you have the patience for each of the 3-4 hour episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->