Post-Game Talk: Kicked right in the Cernak. Oilers lose 3-1 By Kass

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well after last night this weekend just got a lot more important. I really don’t want to have to be the second wild card...
Very true, but there's still a lot of season left and the Oilers have still put themselves in a position to control their destiny, so to speak. (Not chasing.)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Skinner got 2 for his temper tantrum kick at a players knee

With Kassian's recent history, I'd bet on 6 minimum

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
20 games? based on what precedent?

He deserves some suspension and he is a repeat offender and he is Kassian, I am not gonna argue anything on this one, that is dangerous right there.
I do hate that Chara only got a fine for his incident though, that one should have been way heavier.

Reactions: TB12

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I hope somebody from the organization coaches Kassian on what to say in his hearing. I can see Zack getting a longer suspension because he doesn't really think before he speaks.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well after last night this weekend just got a lot more important. I really don’t want to have to be the second wild card...

They're still in good shape.
Essentially, due to tiebreakers, 1 point ahead of Calgary and Vegas with 2 games in hand and 3 points ahead of Arizona with 3 games in hand.

With that said, they have to do something to shake up the forward group with McDavid out whether it be call ups or trade. It's going to be hard to survive with two 4th lines and an AHL line. Those are 3 lines that are going to be severely outmatched every night even the Sheahan line because they're taking on 2nd line matchups.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Nielson was talking about Jeff Skinner kicking a guy two or three seasons ago, but hit him in the hip. He got two games for that. Seeing how Kassian is a repeat offender, I could see them tripling it up at bare minimum. I think 6-8 games is where it winds up.

Granted, considering the femoral artery is in the thigh, Skinner could have sliced that too.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They're still in good shape.
Essentially, due to tiebreakers, 1 point ahead of Calgary and Vegas with 2 games in hand and 3 points ahead of Arizona with 3 games in hand.

With that said, they have to do something to shake up the forward group with McDavid out whether it be call ups or trade. It's going to be hard to survive with two 4th lines and an AHL line. Those are 3 lines that are going to be severely outmatched every night even the Sheahan line because they're taking on 2nd line matchups.
Our entire top line is sidelined and the depth has gone dry again...

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
They might as well just call up Malone+Currie and play them with Benson.

Bako's best line might legitimately be the team's best second line.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Bonehead Kassian. Edm can’t afford to keep losing players.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
his hearing time and place is still TBD

chances are he'll get suspended monday or tuesday so enjoy next three days of all this bullshit talk.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
The SHG sure are frustrating... and Kass, man what are you thinking there? No place in the game for that shit
Yamamoto is legit
Caleb Jones emerging
Not the worst game

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In person hearing he was offered .He getting 6 for sure .NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) Tweeted: Edmonton’s Zack Kassian has been offered an in-person hearing for Kicking Tampa Bay’s Erik Cernak. Date and time TBD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad