Post-Game Talk: Kicked right in the Cernak. Oilers lose 3-1 By Kass

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Will Kassian escape the long leg of the law?
Will the oilers ever enter the zone on a PP again without Mcdavid?

Find out next time in back to back weekend afternoon games!

Edit: Title was supposed to say "Bye Kass!"

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
upload_2020-2-13_19-38-45.gif

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Kassian had no business being out there with the goalie pulled.
Yeah, his game was bad enough pre kick, but the rest of the game he was playing like he knew he was gonna get suspended and his head was in it even less than before.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Pretty good effort. Kass lived up to his dumb as nails rep tonight. Sucks that a short handed goal was the difference.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thought the effort was there lots of good chances in the 3rd.

Kassian had a bad game and a suspension is for sure imminent.

We didn’t play that bad of a game at all, so many flubbed chances and that goal against on the PP was ultimately the dagger.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Soooooo... does anyone have an angle of the kassian thing that provides some clarity?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Great passing, no finish.
It was a fun game to watch. Refs were letting them play.

Was hoping for a point but oh well.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Calling a 10+ gamer for Kass. What a goober. Hate to say it boys, but without McDavid...I am getting some severe flashbacks to the dark ages where Draisaitl is larping as Taylor Hall. Or even worse, Ales Hemsky. God help us all, everything past our top line is hot garbage. Genuinely worse depth than any of the dark years.

Which top line? DRY or Connor? Draisaitly as Ales Hemsky lol what a joke. That line came close to scoring multiple goals tonight. Tampa played a stifling game and Vasilevski is back to Vezina form.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Calling a 10+ gamer for Kass. What a goober. Hate to say it boys, but without McDavid...I am getting some severe flashbacks to the dark ages where Draisaitl is larping as Taylor Hall. Or even worse, Ales Hemsky. God help us all, everything past our top line is hot garbage. Genuinely worse depth than any of the dark years.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah. Was hoping someone would step up outside the already good line, and it doesn't appear to be happening. Khaira Russell gagner chiasson haas all played the worst games I've seen from them in a while tonight and kass maybe the worst game ive ever seen him play. Cave is a non factor at best. Archi and Sheahan are the only saving grace to anything outside our top line.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Close game. Outside of the Kassian drama I thought this was a solid showing. One brain fart was the difference between a point and losing.

Reactions: Mav3rick07 and 3IR

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
These 4 games are roooough.

Collective record of 135-67-26.

Literally the worst time to lose McDavid.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
There wasn't much difference between the Lightning and the Oilers tonight. That's pretty insane. Both teams were detailed in front of their net, if the Oilers could have got loose just once for one of those tap-ins, we'd be looking at OT.

That might have been the most encouraging loss I've watched in a long time.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

We're 1-1 what the heck? after first game, we've won game 7. We lose the next one, "severe flashback to the dark ages" LOL

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Shame to lose a game on a shg. Team played well and I feel deserved a better fate. Smith was solid. On to Miami/Sunrise.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Honestly it was pretty good. We get one bounce or Klefbom doesn’t forget he’s a Dman and we get a point against a team that’s on a 8 game roll.

I’m not upset, in fact I have a lot more confidence in us being able to take 3 of a possible 6 points on this trip which would make me insanely happy.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
This effort against any other team and its a W. Tampa is the hottest team in the league, even with the players they have out.

Kassian was terrible, don't think he even made a neutral play all game. They were all awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad