Post-Game Talk: Kicked right in the Cernak. Oilers lose 3-1 By Kass

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Anybody watching the TB feed see them advertising ‘student seats’ at $25 for all games? Imagine having the opportunity to watch NHL games for peanuts.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Anybody watching the TB feed see them advertising ‘student seats’ at $25 for all games? Imagine having the opportunity to watch NHL games for peanuts.
How Betmann is keeping some of these franchises in the south as business as usual, is insane was in Miami in Jan vs Kings, I mean they have a pretty good team fighting for a playoff spot, I doubt if they had 10,000 at the game

Reactions: harpoon

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Some of the markets down there are wild.

A few years ago I drove up to Raleigh from Myrtle Beach and me and a buddy got seats a couple rows up from the Oilers bench for $15 each.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
How Betmann is keeping some of these franchises in the south as business as usual, is insane was in Miami in Jan vs Kings, I mean they have a pretty good team fighting for a playoff spot, I doubt if they had 10,000 at the game

The worst of the teams in the south are that disgraceful team the Ottawa Senators.

oilsplatzz

Apr 14, 2018
I really don't understand this, does Sportsnet work along side the NHL and send them tape of this? Also the Sportsnet loser adds his unnecessary comments about the Kassian and Tkachuk's incident. I mean there was no penalty and no one even noticed at the time, and the replay i did see, he may not have even contacted the guy with his foot. Does sports net hand over evidence?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I went to a game in TB in 2013. It was $40 a seat... for the nosebleeds.

We went to Florida, paid the same price, and got to sit in the lower bowl.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I really don't understand this, does Sportsnet work along side the NHL and send them tape of this? Also the Sportsnet loser adds his unnecessary comments about the Kassian and Tkachuk's incident. I mean there was no penalty and no one even noticed at the time, and the replay i did see, he may not have even contacted the guy with his foot. Does sports net hand over evidence?

The NHL owns all footage.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Three guys waiting for Drai at the blue line. That puck has to go in deep, never mind what anyone else was doing.
Yep. Everyone’s used to mcdavid getting entry 100% of the time so they just stand around and wait for Drai to do the same.

the entire pp entry should be changed without mcdavid, but instead they’re trying the same entry with someone who’s strengths are not the ones that allow mcdavid that high entry rate.

Reactions: Oilers 322

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Three Lightning guys waiting for Drai at the blue line. That puck has to go in deep, never mind what anyone else on his team was doing.

For sure, but you'd think they'd have Klefbom facing the play, so he could actually set a pick and then cover for turnovers like that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As much as I love Drai, they shouldn’t be doing the drop pass entry with him on the PP. he doesn’t have the hands at top speed for it and that play can backfire easily when it fails.

That was a horrible play by Drai on the PP, with the game tied 1-1, and setting up the winning GA. Lightning are at the line, 2 players in vicinity of where Drai tosses that handgrenade, and its lights out.

I mean do anything else with that puck, even go offside, don't force that play at that moment in the game.

Anyway lol of the night is Tyler Johnson completely botching a wide open empty net, with all kinds of time, a puck that falls to him from heaven, and for some reason the doofus tries bardown and hits the crossbar. My lord.

TJ has a lmao contract. If Tampa has anymore hot prospects coming in there won't even be a spot for this guy in the lineup.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Honest question...does anyone think Kassian kicked him with intent to injure? I don’t.

Obviously it was stupid and reckless, no doubt a suspension is coming but I don’t see a malicious act there.

Kicking another player directly with a skate and clearly making contact is by its nature malicious.

Its like saying somebody was attacked and slashed by a knife but the act wasn't malicious.

What am I missing here?

That its a golden rule we have to defend our own? This is objectively a malicious act. Its kicking an opponent with your skate. The single worst action in hockey. The top of the list.

Kass skate kicked at an opponent who he was looking at, and made contact. Game, set, match.

If this board is reviewing the actions of any opponent dirty player around the league doing this the takes are incredibly different.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Three Lightning guys waiting for Drai at the blue line. That puck has to go in deep, never mind what anyone else on his team was doing.

Sometimes the simple play is the best one. Costly brainfart for a guy whose line has been carrying this team. But the league's top power play plays quite loose with the puck as evident by the team's ten shorties against. Too bad this cost them the game, overall, this team played a pretty strong road game. A bit rope-a-dope but they were positioned for a possible point in a very, very tough building where they seldom do.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yep. Everyone’s used to mcdavid getting entry 100% of the time so they just stand around and wait for Drai to do the same.

the entire pp entry should be changed without mcdavid, but instead they’re trying the same entry with someone who’s strengths are not the ones that allow mcdavid that high entry rate.

They need to dump and chase when Mcdavid isn't in the lineup. Other teams pretty much just give Mcdavid zone entry because they don't want to be burned by him. No other Oiler gets that level of respect so they play them more aggressively.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Kicking another player directly with a skate and clearly making contact is by its nature malicious.

Its like saying somebody was attacked and slashed by a knife but the act wasn't malicious.

What am I missing here?

That its a golden rule we have to defend our own? This is objectively a malicious act. Its kicking an opponent with your skate. The single worst action in hockey. The top of the list.

Kass skate kicked at an opponent who he was looking at, and made contact. Game, set, match.

If this board is reviewing the actions of any opponent dirty player around the league doing this the takes are incredibly different.

Not defending him, I literally said it was reckless and would be suspended. By Kassian’s own words he was just trying to get up.

And no, it’s not the same as picking up a knife and attacking someone, that’s a huge stretch. Malicious by definition means to intend to do harm, I don’t think he was trying to hurt him.

Reactions: TB12

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
This 2-3 week stretch is literally going to determine whether we make the playoffs or not. A little disappointed in Kassian to be honest. He is an important part of his team and he needs to recognize that we need his contribution on the ice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not defending him, I literally said it was reckless and would be suspended. By Kassian’s own words he was just trying to get up.

And no, it’s not the same as picking up a knife and attacking someone, that’s a huge stretch. Malicious by definition means to intend to do harm, I don’t think he was trying to hurt him.

I can't think that one watched the replay and believes the bolded. Because that is not at all what happened. I can see Kass saying that after the fact as a kind of poor cover. But I sure don't believe it, and my eyes are telling me that's not what occurred.

I doubt you disagree.

cheers in anycase and thank you for responding

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
One of the no nos of hockey. Deserves a stiff suspension. Once triggered his thought process doesn’t have an off switch. Needs to learn that if you want to inflict punishment you need to do it within the rules - with a vicious stick to
the opponents throat, or by taking out his knee.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad