Post-Game Talk: Kicked right in the Cernak. Oilers lose 3-1 By Kass

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They are a very good team, very solid and smothering structure of play. However, we shall see if they learned any lessons from their rather embarrassing first round exit to Columbus last year.

I still think Boston is the team to beat in the East and never discount the Pens, especially with Crosby back.

I think Tampa is going to be very motivated by last season. Their season starts in April.
The Pens will be a challenge for sure....I think that Tampa is better than Boston though.

Reactions: McFuhryous

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I was waiting to hear from the player himself. Seems like the kick did connect and was intentional. Too bad.

“He kicked me right in the chest, so luckily that wasn’t higher,” Cernak told reporters after the game, a 3-1 Tampa victory over the Oilers. “I knew right away when he was on the ice he kicked me. I think he was a little bit mad and I asked him what was wrong with him, because that’s not a right play to do on the ice, and he didn’t say nothing.”

Reactions: RattsSSV

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I was waiting to hear from the player himself. Seems like the kick did connect and was intentional. Too bad.

“He kicked me right in the chest, so luckily that wasn’t higher,” Cernak told reporters after the game, a 3-1 Tampa victory over the Oilers. “I knew right away when he was on the ice he kicked me. I think he was a little bit mad and I asked him what was wrong with him, because that’s not a right play to do on the ice, and he didn’t say nothing.”
He was doing so well too. I think that Calgary game knocked a screw loose again.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Team has very low scoring depth. That's their downfall. If the Oilers had a more balanced team they'd be closer to an elite team like Tamp Bay. Chia set this team back years.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Didn't expect points against Tampa, their depth is something to admire, though. Also, WTF Kassian?!?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Remember when the Honda Center was a house of horrors for the Flames?

gcsnc.gif

Hey, I hear Eakins is really happy with their shot attempt stats.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

In case your worksite blocks Twitter, Mckenzie tweeting out in-person hearing for Kassian.

I think Parros suspends him for at least 5 games, could be longer. No defending Zack on that one, pure stupidity.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Both Vegas and flames won. That sucks.

Good thing we have games in hand. We will be needing them

Vegas has a lot of home games and light travel the rest of the way; they’re making it.

at least Calgary still has the New York and Florida road trips late in the season.

its coyotes we need to separate from. They have a very tough schedule.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
These 4 games are roooough.

Collective record of 135-67-26.

Literally the worst time to lose McDavid.

For once I'll be the ray of sunshine. The other argument is that we weren't likely to do very good in this stretch anyway. So if you are going to lose 97, maybe losing him for games where you weren't going to have a great record anyhow isn't bad timing?

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Just goes to shows twitters influence on the hockey world. It was a nothing play, a shove with the foot, didn't even get a replay or mention after the fact until people were up in arms. No one on TB was mad and now we're going to lose a player for 5+ games most likely

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Just goes to shows twitters influence on the hockey world. It was a nothing play, a shove with the foot, didn't even get a replay or mention after the fact until people were up in arms. No one on TB was mad and now we're going to lose a player for 5+ games most likely
You probably need to get help if you can't recognize how dangerous and reckless that was...

Reactions: mouz135

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Missed the game and doesn't sound like I missed much, an expected result.

I know the Oilers are missing Neal and Nygard who really don't move the needle much anyway but outside of Sheahan and Archibald is there a worse bottom 9 in the league? The current "2nd line" should be a 4th line and the other two lines are AHL quality.
The Khaira-Cave-Russell line in particular has no business being an regular NHL line and arguably not one of those players belongs in the NHL on any line. Granlund is a better player than all three of those guys and I'm sure Benson and Currie could at least bring a slight hint of offensive creativity to the table. They have to do something to add some juice to the bottom 6.

I've never been one to say that Holland needs to make a move now but.... Holland needs to make a move now or sometime soon before McDavid comes back. It doesn't have to be anything big but an NHL quality forward to add to the mix. I don't know how long they can hold the fort scoring 1 goal every 2 games outside of the 1st line.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Great effort. Both goalies were great, came Down to a short handed breakaway lol.

Kassian might get 10 games.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

The blades on skates are as sharp as any knife. Look how easily Zednik's neck got cut.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

In case your worksite blocks Twitter, Mckenzie tweeting out in-person hearing for Kassian.

I think Parros suspends him for at least 5 games, could be longer. No defending Zack on that one, pure stupidity.

I could see something like 20 games and it would be well justified.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad