KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
maybe they are just curious if he can suck more than ivannikov/barulin last season
Looking at their D core that can certainly be their goal.

It's a pretty interesting state of affairs in general with Neftekhimik. They reportedly rejected Ak Bars offer for Poryadin which would have been enough to pay for 3 elite players (by Neftekhimik standards), they have a VHL coach (not necessarily a bad thing), they signed absolutely no noteworthy players locally, their RFAs are sitting unextended.. Definitely little hope there so far. But again, that's why the whole Poryadin thing is so puzzling.

They are giving a few career VHL guys a chance so at least that is always interesting to follow.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He is not the first. Embrich played for Jokerit and he is also half estonian.
Well he represents Finland internationally so kind of a moot point. Also, he has less than 11 minutes of playtime in the KHL so let's be real here, neither is he technically Estonian nor he had any actual impact in the league.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I'll add two more rumors to the mill. Anthony Louis to Minsk and Matthews Phillips to Magnitogorsk. Two tiny AHL players, with seemingly the better one going to Dinamo from my ''advanced" numbers scouting :D Louis also is not an obvious candidate to be added to Belarus NT in near future, that also pleases me greatly.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Stockton did struggle mightily with scoring this year so maybe there is more to the Phillips guy than meets the eye. He outperformed M.E. Pettersen who is definitely a quality player by European standards, from my limited viewing of Norwegian friendlies before the WC.

If not, a real head-scratcher by Magnitka. Having said that, I think AHL is a good resource to get ahead in the KHL at this point. The European UFA market is so exhausted at this point you are almost never getting a good value out of your signings.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
May be it's what they could afford on this market...
Yeah but what's the point of sacrificing an import slot then... Just try to loan a young Russian goalie or get some Stanislav Galimov type..

Seems like all foreigners are gone from CSKA, so they plan to start the season with Fedotov/Sharychenkov in goal????
Why is that surprising? Fedotov is one of the better goalies in the league + Russian and Sharychenkov is, well, Sharychenkov. An ok backup for a cap era.

In other news, Severstal is being picked apart: Petunin back to Dynamo, Adamchuk back to Ak Bars. Good thing player loans is not a thing anymore :) Ak Bars now have 8 roughly KHL level Ds (if you include RFAs Zhuravlyov and Fazylzyanov) none of whom shoot right.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Flames have actually recalled Phillips, a good chance he will play tomorrow, will be a chance to take a look.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Not sure where you get CSKA info, but we looked at Fedotov as a replacement to Sharychenkov, not Juhansson.
CSKA reportedly paid 250 million roubles for Fedotov. That's the yearly salaries of 3 absolutely elite KHL players. I have no idea why would you think anyone would pay that much for the backup. Especially when Sharychenkov had a contract for another year all along.

The info is coming from the CSKA president himself: Игорь Есмантович: Пока сделали выбор в пользу российского вратаря , he also said the decision not to extend Johansson due to his "medical condition" was made all along. The better question would be who gave you an impression that CSKA was going to spend a ton of money on NT goalie, sit him on the bench and spend even more money to buy out a perfectly good backup for no real reason.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
CSKA reportedly paid 250 million roubles for Fedotov. That's the yearly salaries of 3 absolutely elite KHL players. I have no idea why would you think anyone would pay that much for the backup. Especially when Sharychenkov had a contract for another year all along.

The info is coming from the CSKA president himself: Игорь Есмантович: Пока сделали выбор в пользу российского вратаря , he also said the decision not to extend Johansson due to his "medical condition" was made all along. The better question would be who gave you an impression that CSKA was going to spend a ton of money on NT goalie, sit him on the bench and spend even more money to buy out a perfectly good backup for no real reason.

what you are quoting are later events, when Fedotov was rumored to cska - that was weeks ago, the consensus between cska fans was that Sharychenkov is a goner, he is plain awful

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
what you are quoting are later events, when Fedotov was rumored to cska - that was weeks ago, the consensus between cska fans was that Sharychenkov is a goner, he is plain awful
Well, the better question then would be where was this consensus coming from. Because the realities of the cap era are what they are, high profile guys like Fedotov playing backup are in the days of the past and Saharychenkov, I agree he is not amazing but he is what career backups are, a guy who can still win you a game when your starter can't play.

One of the more interesting KHL transfers, under the radar Belarussian prospect Alexander Skorenov signing with SKA. He has never played for a Belarussian NT of any age group but results-wise is well ahead of Belarus "golden generation" - guys like Azhgirei, Demchenko, Alistrov, what have you - and has a really nice size (which he doesn't use in line with best traditions of Russian forwards), it's really interesting what SKA staff can get out of him.

Of course signing with SKA gives that mild anxiety he might decide he is Russian, after all. Although with new foreigner rules for CIS countries there is less incentive to do so.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Of course signing with SKA gives that mild anxiety he might decide he is Russian, after all. Although with new foreigner rules for CIS countries there is less incentive to do so.
I'm as paranoid about this as the next guy, trust me, but honestly he surely can't be that delusional to have any team Russia aspirations? As you said it yourself, Belarussians not being foreign any more, has calmed me down a bit. For example, his future teammate Zhuk already has remembered about Belarus and if not for Belarus NT naturalizing players of their own, maybe would not have been cut from team roster for this coming WC.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm as paranoid about this as the next guy, trust me, but honestly he surely can't be that delusional to have any team Russia aspirations?
Who knows... Look at someone like Sergiyenko, he decided he's deeply Russian all of the sudden and hasn't reverted back since... Those people are still out there.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Who knows... Look at someone like Sergiyenko, he decided he's deeply Russian all of the sudden and hasn't reverted back since... Those people are still out there.
I'm 99% sure this transfer will also make Belarus federation aware of his existence and he will be called up at the next opportunity even before he has done anything of note in VHL let alone sniffed actual SKA roster. Please don't come back with a rebuttal of my thoughts, I don't need that in life. :D

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm 99% sure this transfer will also make Belarus federation aware of his existence and he will be called up at the next opportunity even before he has done anything of note in VHL let alone sniffed actual SKA roster. Please don't come back with a rebuttal of my thoughts, I don't need that in life. :D
With this, I actually agree wholeheartedly. The way the Balrussian roster is looking they are going to need him sooner rather than later too.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lindholm joins Ak Bars, I say it's a good signing, he is a quality european guy. On the NHL level he is a 4th line guy and a pk guy.

i remember seeing some posts on boston board where they said he physcially dominated along the boards in stanley cup. he is a strong man. but he will not be ppg in KHL, i see more like 35-40 points while being good in pk and hardworking.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Voinov joins Dinamo Mo. I really don't get this guy, he misses seasons like they are out of style....(I know he wants to play and live in NA, but there are wants, and there is reality...)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kagarlitsky seems to be going to Ak Bars, that's a desperate move on both ends, he doesn't seem like a Kvartalnov kind of player, even though as a player Kvartalnov was similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad