KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
CSKA traded Leipsic´s status (RFA/OSA) to Metallurg for KHL rights to F Lias Andersson.

Some CSKA fans think it's a good riddance, I am very disappointed with this move, he is a very - very good player, who was adjusting to a new country, new league, etc...First, I think Nikitin misused him and didn't use him enough at all
Secondly, we have no creative players left on the team really...

Reactions: Exarz

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Joni Ortio extended his contract with Barys Nur - Sultan. How many Finnish players are in the KHL right now? Besides Jokerit.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
CSKA matches the offer sheet from Loko to Korostelev and trades him to Magnitka....this is strange, his skating is weak, but he is certainly a capable player improving every year.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What I like about the KHL is the RFA market. Offer sheets are an everyday occasion. Breath from fresh air compared to the NHL where being an RFA pretty much means nothing.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yarullin to Traktor is pretty shocking, honestly. Did not see that one coming at all. Either Traktor massively overpaid (doesn't seem very likely) or Ak Bars just massively blundered.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yarullin to Traktor is pretty shocking, honestly. Did not see that one coming at all. Either Traktor massively overpaid (doesn't seem very likely) or Ak Bars just massively blundered.
There were speculations that Yarullin is going to sign where Garipov signs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, Zaripov is apparently also not impressed with this turn of events :laugh: Really hard to figure what is Ak Bars plan. Both Galiev and Yarullin are players extremely hard to replace and it's really hard to believe they got unreasonable offers, especially in Yarullin's case.. Nesterov is the only one who comes to mind as a reasonable replacement.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Amur losses yet another key forward to Sibir... I really liked the players Amur has added so far but man they have a lot of ground to cover with all the departures.

In other news, Yarullin is going to be making 60kk p/y. That is A LOT so you can kinda understand Ak Bars.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
There are rumors going around that Kirill Panyukov has signed for Ak Bars. From one side nice seeing him recognized, from the other side this move to a perennial contender might have come too soon. Obviously nothing is official yet.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There are rumors going around that Kirill Panyukov has signed for Ak Bars. From one side nice seeing him recognized, from the other side this move to a perennial contender might have come too soon. Obviously nothing is official yet.
He was offer-sheeted but Barys matched (reportedly), so sign and trade?

But as I said, Ak Bars is kinda running out of options. Poryadin isn't going anywhere, they have to get players somewhere.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
He was offer-sheeted but Barys matched (reportedly), so sign and trade?
Now that you say that, I can easily see rumors author not understanding the situation with offer sheet rules properly and this whole thing being untrue. If Barys was able to hold on to Mikhailis last season, I'm sure it will be easier to lock down Panyukov currently because he has less street cred than Mikhailis.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
excited to see Pilipenko in Sochi. i mean he's turning 25 this year so about damn time to make some noise in KHL instead of rack up points in VHL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Now that you say that, I can easily see rumors author not understanding the situation with offer sheet rules properly and this whole thing being untrue. If Barys was able to hold on to Mikhailis last season, I'm sure it will be easier to lock down Panyukov currently because he has less street cred than Mikhailis.
So sign and trade was how it actually played out. It was rumored Ak Bars were offering 100 million for Poryadin so Barys probably did pretty well for themselves here. Interesting moves all around from Ak Bars though, as I said they have kinda cornered themselves to the point where buying players rather than getting UFAs has to become an option.

Barys have also sold Shevchenko to Avangard which is pretty interesting both ways. Both the fact that Avangard wanted him exactly as Stas replacement instead of any number of other centers available (including simply extending Stas) and the fact that Barys didn't value him highly enough to keep him despite not exactly huge sums of money being involved in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad