KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Before both tried and failed I would have said Ozhiganov and Kiselevich :). So really - nobody. But then Romanov who did nothing in the KHL (may be for lack of PT and trust) is doing just fine.

How about Rafikov?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

Based on Babaev's interview, looks like Galyev might have a new home already. Just cant announce it till the 30th.
Also he mentioned Fisenko isn't happy in Kazan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
His move to Dinamo is kinda sorta certain. Replacing Kagarlitsky with him makes sense. Although I do find it somewhat odd Kazan let him go. But if Dinamo simply massively overpaid it would explain everything.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So what's the scoop on Alex Khokhlachev? Is he returning to the KHL or NHL?
Considering he just had a fairly terrible season in the KHL any chances of NHL return are slim to none. He will stay in the KHL and take a large pay cut, that's the most likely scenario.

Reactions: Blowfish

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
anton wedin to Sibir Novosibirisk. good player.
I often have a hard time evaluating Scandinavian players just by stats, when I haven't seen them, but I do see a lot of - I was an average or below goal scorer, who all of a sudden has one decent season and comes to KHL right after...How does that happen, this guy is 28 and all of a sudden has a decent season for the first time?
correction: he had also one good one before leaving to NA

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I often have a hard time evaluating Scandinavian players just by stats, when I haven't seen them, but I do see a lot of - I was an average or below goal scorer, who all of a sudden has one decent season and comes to KHL right after...
Much like what we've talked about in Riga's thread, it's simply about money. Basically, bottom-half KHL teams choose to gamble on these one-offs and hope they are going to be the best that they can be instead of making a big investment in some "proven" scorer just to see him bust. It's not that those teams don't understand what they are doing, it's simply that they have little other choices to have a somewhat competitive roster.

And breakout seasons mostly happen when a player is put in the position to succeed, in any league. Once you have proved you can do that, be relied upon to fill a certain role, teams will look to insert you into that role but if your profile is still low that's where they try to save money.

That's why you see teams centered around young players be so successful in many leagues - because they save big moneys. So that's just a variation of that.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Händemark rumored to SKA. He is a big physical player who i can see get around 25-30 points in KHL. I just hope for SKA own sake they understand this and not expects him to be a top player in the league.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why is Neftekhimik letting Volgin go? He had a decent season for them.
So he just Vereshchagined himself (that's when a player has one good season in the favorable situation and thinks he's the hot stuff) to Magnitka.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Aaand we have the 1st Estonian in the KHL: Robert Rooba to Severstal. Congrats to that mighty hockey nation!

Another big gamble in terms of signing a player who might contribute less than expected but that's no real issue for a team that is happy to have Adam Liska occupy an import slot for 3 years.

Reactions: rohky and Rigafan

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Aaand we have the 1st Estonian in the KHL: Robert Rooba to Severstal. Congrats to that mighty hockey nation!

Another big gamble in terms of signing a player who might contribute less than expected but that's no real issue for a team that is happy to have Adam Liska occupy an import slot for 3 years.
I'm big fan of Rooba since he often challange my national team (Poland) and always scores against us.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm big fan of Rooba since he often challange my national team (Poland) and always scores against us.
Yeah, he is a spectacular player.. And at the national team level he was ever since he could barely crack the JYP roster.

I remember in one of the championships (2018, probably) he joined the NT late in the second period of the game against us, straight out of the plane. At the time Estonians were losing pretty helplessly already, he just stepped on the ice for a couple of short shifts with maximum intensity to get his feet wet. Boy does a body of that size, with that skating, moving with purpose stand out at that level... Like going through power skating drills around cones.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Make that two Estonians in KHL, Kristjan Kombe signs for Jokerit.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Make that two Estonians in KHL, Kristjan Kombe signs for Jokerit.
He doesn't quite count, in my opinion, since it's unlikely he will play in the KHL barring another force major. Arrak had a contract with Jokerit in 17/18, 9 games in Mestis was the best he got out of it. Slessarevski in 19/20.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I am surprised about rumors that Leipsic may be leaving CSKA and joining Avto. He is one of the few players on the team who creates his offense on the team and sets up his teammates. I feel like CSKA has underutilized him throughout the season and play offs. Slepyshev, Shalunov, Mamin do not create much of their own offense and why on earth is Karnauhkov on the first line all the time beats me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I partially agree with the sentiment but at the same time, CSKA might just have someone better in the works. In the big picture, he is not particularly fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad