KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Someone prefers "quiet european town", others like to live in huge urban areas.

My point was that Mytischi is not a village. Not at all.

If we take the proximity of Moscow out, there wouldn't be a lot of people who would have prefered Mytischi to a "quiet european town", and the urban area people would like to live in is Moscow, preferably the center, southwest is also nice.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
"Most criminal" in Moscow is right about the safest in Europe nowadays. And btw. Mytischi never was renowned for such things. The were other criminal hot spots in and around Moscow. They now mostly remain in popular culture. The 90s are over if you haven't heard. And I am not demonizing Europe. I know it pretty well. And what is going on now in some parts of it is right on par with the russian 90s. Tables turn.

Europe is not limited to huge urban areas of London, Paris, Malmo, Stockholm or Berlin, and there are lots of areas in Russia which are highly criminal.

Places like Czech Rep, Norway, Slovakia, Austria, Switzerland are also Europe.

Mytischi used to be pretty criminal, not as much as Volokolamsk or Lybertsy but anyway.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Weird that Valentin Zykov goes to Modo, which plays in swedish second division instead of going to KHL. Anyways more russians are starting to play in Sweden again, not sure why. There was decent amount of russians in Sweden in the 90s then it stopped.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Weird that Valentin Zykov goes to Modo, which plays in swedish second division instead of going to KHL. Anyways more russians are starting to play in Sweden again, not sure why. There was decent amount of russians in Sweden in the 90s then it stopped.
1.KHL trade deadline was Dec 27
2. the issue is the KHL rights, I believe, CSKA holds it. And his agent is not able to agree with CSKA. And Zykov is not good enough to play for CSKA.
3.Sweden agreed to the NHL Transfer Agreement while the KHL has not.
4.And yeah, Zykov is not the most intellectual personality on Earth.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The cap pushes out the not so good ones to other leagues. It is as simple as that. Zykov is just another idiot who wasted his career by going to NA too early. Now he is in that tier of players who can't get a job in the KHL. 15 points in 29 AHL games last season. That's nothing to brag about.

Reactions: Rigafan

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
are Miromanov and Provolnev candidates for playing in the NHL next year? both are having great seasons and are relatively young ...
I get it. It is the part of the hope to get some undrafted future star or at least a roster player out of Russia after some recent success stories. But it is not that simple. I can give you a rule of the thumb here though. Look for the russian NT callups for various tournaments. Nearly all of the guys worth talking about as possible NHLers would pop up there.

Provolnev got callups to the B-Team, but nothing came of it, so...

Same for Miromanov.

So they basically were at the very edge of that group the NT staff was looking at in the past, but they did not impress to get a promotion to some of the EHT NT rosters.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think Zykov would have no problem landing a job in the KHL if not for his rights belonging to CSKA. He would have to follow Yurtaikin's steps splitting the time between KHL/VHL and fight for a roster spot. He probably didn't see himself winning one and wasn't being offered enough money to be a bench player?
I hope he proves himself in Sweden and wish him luck

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Ivan Vishnevskiy moves to Poprad. It's a good sign, that players no longer in demand in the KHL, but still having gas in the tank are trying to go to Europe. It's a great life experience and an opportunity to extend your career. He didn't do all that well in Lada either (a -5 player.....), but good luck to him.

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
I get it. It is the part of the hope to get some undrafted future star or at least a roster player out of Russia after some recent success stories. But it is not that simple. I can give you a rule of the thumb here though. Look for the russian NT callups for various tournaments. Nearly all of the guys worth talking about as possible NHLers would pop up there.

Provolnev got callups to the B-Team, but nothing came of it, so...

Same for Miromanov.

So they basically were at the very edge of that group the NT staff was looking at in the past, but they did not impress to get a promotion to some of the EHT NT rosters.

NHL-teams are having an different opinion ;-)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
NHL-teams are having an different opinion ;-)
I mean NHL teams have nothing to lose by signing any number of KHL players, players are the ones losing money by playing in the AHL. Provolnev and Miromanov were ok with it, evidently, that's their choice but it's adventurous, not a pragmatic one.

So the same logic applies to Alexeyev, the difference is that since he is one of the leading scorers in Loko he would lose A LOT of money by playing in the AHL which makes the situation different. But at the end of the day, that's still his choice. I think at this point he doesn't know it himself. Again, if he goes to NA that's not going to be the kind of run-of-the-mill ELC those 2 guys have signed and usually those kinds of decisions aren't made until summer.

Reactions: Johnny Danger

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Will Alexei Kudashov be the new Spartak coach? Yes, according to Russian media. Will this have a positive effect on the team? What mistakes did Igor Znarok make?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think if Russian media publishes something they are probably better informed than people on HFBoards.

Also, I think the latter two questions would be more suitable if it was mid-season firing but it's not the case now. We don't even know what the team is (they have 8 players signed for the next season), how can anyone say what impact will it have. Znaroks was given a bad roster which he still got into PO in a difficult season so whatever mistakes he made it's nothing to lose sleep over.

I wouldn't be shocked if what sealed the deal is simply Kudashov accepting a pretty modest salary since he was without a job for a while now and there don't seem to be many openings around the league.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Any opinions on who the best all around defenseman is in the KHL whose skill set could transfer to the NHL?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
G Johan Mattsson from Frölunda HC (SHL) to Dinamo Riga. I just do not understand why they announced it now.

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Alexei Kudashov is the new head coach of Dynamo Moscow. Vadim Shipachyov will stay for 3 more years.

Seems like a big things for the club. Who is next? Ovi? ;-)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Reportedly F Daniel Zaar & F Marek Hrivík having the KHL offers. Both playing in the Swedish SHL.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Any opinions on who the best all around defenseman is in the KHL whose skill set could transfer to the NHL?
Before both tried and failed I would have said Ozhiganov and Kiselevich :). So really - nobody. But then Romanov who did nothing in the KHL (may be for lack of PT and trust) is doing just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad