KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Gilbert Brule joins my local team, Unia Oswiecim (Poland). I think it's the biggest name to ever play in our league (maybe after quick episode from Wolski in Sanok). I don't even know what to say lol. I know he's 34 but come on, he still can be very good KHL-er and he somehow picked our so called hockey league in a ****hole like Poland. Nice :popcorn:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Gilbert Brule joins my local team, Unia Oswiecim (Poland). I think it's the biggest name to ever play in our league (maybe after quick episode from Wolski in Sanok). I don't even know what to say lol. I know he's 34 but come on, he still can be very good KHL-er and he somehow picked our so called hockey league in a ****hole like Poland. Nice :popcorn:
This year is definitely different in many ways and it probably has most to do with it but at the same time, it's 4th guy on the team with KHL experience and Bartley, who signed just before Christmas (I'm going to assume his and Brule's signings are somewhat related), was a very solid KHL player as well.

But otherwise, I agree, Unia definitely ventures into uncharted territory for the Polish teams with signings of this magnitude.

Reactions: aonb

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I know he's 34 but come on, he still can be very good KHL-er and he somehow picked our so called hockey league in a ****hole like Poland. Nice :popcorn:
Aaaand Paul Szczechura and his 400+ KHL games is another one.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
The whole autumn and end of the year 2020 I was wondering why isn't Brandon Yip playing in Kunlun and now he signed with Jukurit in Liiga. Does anyone know what went wrong. I thought they wanted him on Chinese national team.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The whole autumn and end of the year 2020 I was wondering why isn't Brandon Yip playing in Kunlun and now he signed with Jukurit in Liiga. Does anyone know what went wrong. I thought they wanted him on Chinese national team.
He has spent more than the minimum amount of time required by IIHF rules in China to be eligible for their national team, so he can play wherever he pleases and still be part of the Olympic roster.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, what ozo said. Also, I don't think anything went wrong, he probably just wants to play in a safer environment during these times than the Chinese team playing in a Russian village. Especially if he has family and such.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, what ozo said. Also, I don't think anything went wrong, he probably just wants to play in a safer environment during these times than the Chinese team playing in a Russian village. Especially if he has family and such.
Just a brief comparison of the villages

Mikkeli, 52 962 inhabitants
Mytishchi, 173 160 inhabitants.

Btw. Mytishchi borders with another Russian village - Moscow with around 12 million inhabitants.

That is all about the Russian village.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And yet it is what it is. A village where you'd have 0 chance to live a normal life with an English-speaking family and Moscow being Moscow, the time it takes to get from Mytishchi to Moscow center is quite similar to the time it would take to get from Bratislava to Vienna. So again, I don't know why are you so eager to be the hero no one has asked for when I'm pretty sure we both clearly know what I mean and that I'm correct in that assessment.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
And yet it is what it is. A village where you'd have 0 chance to live a normal life with an English-speaking family and Moscow being Moscow, the time it takes to get from Mytishchi to Moscow center is quite similar to the time it would take to get from Bratislava to Vienna. So again, I don't know why are you so eager to be the hero no one has asked for when I'm pretty sure we both clearly know what I mean and that I'm correct in that assessment.

My relative lived in Balashikha for some time and it is basically a part of Moscow (30 minutes to city center), Mytishchi is even closer, iirc.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
My relative lived in Balashikha for some time and it is basically a part of Moscow (30 minutes to city center), Mytishchi is even closer, iirc.
You can google "distance Mytishchi to Moscow" and it shows the time needed in real-time, it's around 50 minutes on a Sunday afternoon. Distance-wise, yes, it's only 23,8 km.

I mean that's not the point. Point is that making daily trips to Moscow would be an extremely time-consuming chore if they were to be a part of everyday life. I don't doubt many people do it but they probably aren't 30 point KHL forwards with freedom of choice.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mytischi is about the size of a mid-sized european city. And it is surely is a safer environment than anywhere in Europe nowadays.

Reactions: TommySalo

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I sicerely don't know what your picture of a normal life is, but It hink I don't want to.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Mytischi is about the size of a mid-sized european city. And it is surely is a safer environment than anywhere in Europe nowadays.

Bwhahahahaha, Mytischi is one of the most criminal neigbourhoods in Moscow)) And no, it is not safer than anywhere in Europe, don't demonize Europe too much))

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Just a brief comparison of the villages

Mikkeli, 52 962 inhabitants
Mytishchi, 173 160 inhabitants.

Btw. Mytishchi borders with another Russian village - Moscow with around 12 million inhabitants.

I agree that Mytischi is not a village. It is a "sleeping neigbourhood" which is way worse. Mikkeli from the looks of it seems to be a quiet european town which is definately better than a chaotic overcrowded collection of huge condominium complexes where the main attraction site is an "eternal traffic jam".

It is possible to live in Moscow and play in Mytischi though, same with Balashikha(another overcrowded suburb)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I agree that Mytischi is not a village. It is a "sleeping neigbourhood" which is way worse. Mikkeli from the looks of it seems to be a quiet european town which is definately better than a chaotic overcrowded collection of huge condominium complexes where the main attraction site is an "eternal traffic jam".

It is possible to live in Moscow and play in Mytischi though, same with Balashikha(another overcrowded suburb)
Someone prefers "quiet european town", others like to live in huge urban areas.

My point was that Mytischi is not a village. Not at all.

Reactions: Witte49

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Bwhahahahaha, Mytischi is one of the most criminal neigbourhoods in Moscow)) And no, it is not safer than anywhere in Europe, don't demonize Europe too much))
"Most criminal" in Moscow is right about the safest in Europe nowadays. And btw. Mytischi never was renowned for such things. The were other criminal hot spots in and around Moscow. They now mostly remain in popular culture. The 90s are over if you haven't heard. And I am not demonizing Europe. I know it pretty well. And what is going on now in some parts of it is right on par with the russian 90s. Tables turn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->