KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
You should know it is dangerous to "know" things. Most sterertypes exist only because of people "knowing" how things are done. And you can't tell them otherwise, because they know.

And you should actually know NHL's CBA does not work in the KHL. Contracts in the KHL are not as rigid as in the NHL. Contracts termination and changes are common practice.

I know what I should, and I know what I shouldn't. Before CSKA shipped Goldobin to Amur (which is another schema to reduce his salary and ship him off elsewhere, wanna bet?) But at least they owned up to the cap, and it's more legit than you spreading rumors about new contract for Soshnikov, for which the numbers in Russian media were reported to be different twice in one day.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So, what do you expect from the salary cap in the first season?
I expected this to be a season where SKA doesn't have 20 reasonably KHL level forwards and 4 goalies that they do.

At the same time, it has been a good week to KHL cap in general, I must agree. Garipov's and Goldobin's trades prove it at least functions somehow. Although an argument can be made both would have happened without the cap just as well.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I expected this to be a season where SKA doesn't have 20 reasonably KHL level forwards and 4 goalies that they do.

At the same time, it has been a good week to KHL cap in general, I must agree. Garipov's and Goldobin's trades prove it at least functions somehow. Although an argument can be made both would have happened without the cap just as well.
We live in COVID era.

We need to look at summer market.

The first-year effect of the cap mechanism should be to limit the spending by the richest. All indicates they are doing it just fine.

You say about much more parity, which should ideally come later, hence increasing the floor.

The fact is that the best teams will always attract the best players. Tavares & Panarin should go to Arizona if there was a real super parity. But they chose Toronto/NY instead. Why? And the KHL has also such cities - St.Petersburg, Moscow, Kazan etc.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not everything is NHL vs. KHL or Russia vs. Western world. Snap out of that narrative.
That's not what I ever said. That's your narrative actually. I am sticking to every single case. If it provides evidence there might be the old rusty East vs. West rivalry involved, then I call a duck a duck.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I know what I should, and I know what I shouldn't. Before CSKA shipped Goldobin to Amur (which is another schema to reduce his salary and ship him off elsewhere, wanna bet?) But at least they owned up to the cap, and it's more legit than you spreading rumors about new contract for Soshnikov, for which the numbers in Russian media were reported to be different twice in one day.
Shipping off players you don't want for whatever reason is part of pro-sports. "Schemes" are called trades. This is how it works. I am not spreading any rumors, I mention rumors and mark them as such. I am not sitting in Morozov's office looking at the real numbers. The differnce between our POVs is I don't assume the worst just because I want to assume the worst. In any case those rumors give us a certain range. And in that range no number indicates CSKA would somehow be circumventing the cap, as in Shoshnikov is certainly not getting 120 Mil. like Shipachyov. Obviously we are in that certain time of the year. A lot of teams are moving playrers right now. Given the new cap reality there will be moves that adress the cap situation for some teams. No need to suspect "schemes" and plots behind every trade.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That's not what I ever said. That's your narrative actually. I am sticking to every single case. If it provides evidence there might be the old rusty East vs. West rivalry involved, then I call a duck a duck.
So what did the NHL have to do with anything in this case?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Shipping off players you don't want for whatever reason is part of pro-sports. "Schemes" are called trades. This is how it works. I am not spreading any rumors, I mention rumors and mark them as such. I am not sitting in Morozov's office looking at the real numbers. The differnce between our POVs is I don't assume the worst just because I want to assume the worst. In any case those rumors give us a certain range. And in that range no number indicates CSKA would somehow be circumventing the cap, as in Shoshnikov is certainly not getting 120 Mil. like Shipachyov. Obviously we are in that certain time of the year. A lot of teams are moving playrers right now. Given the new cap reality there will be moves that adress the cap situation for some teams. No need to suspect "schemes" and plots behind every trade.
One thing is to suspect schemes, another is being witness to them (Yakupov) and just seeing the same track play on repeat. Unlike SKA, CSKA is actually trying to play the cap game though.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
One thing is to suspect schemes, another is being witness to them (Yakupov) and just seeing the same track play on repeat. Unlike SKA, CSKA is actually trying to play the cap game though.
I am witnessing SKA playing the cap game though.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Because we have always carefully listened to the league´s officials, we know. Who is the #1 man behind this salary cap mechanism? A man wanting the league (clubs) to come to this cap model & financial responsibility as a whole?

His name is Gennady Nikolaevich Timchenko, SKA St.Petersburg Board of Directors Chairman & President.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I really love you guys, when I read your posts, I remember the song by "Смысловые Галлюцинации" called "Pink Shades"
Like most people who leave coutry you live in it's past in a way. That's not new or extraordinarily rare. That includes the band and the song.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think there are enough SKA players on the NT roster this time around.
To be completely fair, there are quite a few guys there from other teams who were picked just to hang out with the big boys as well. From SKA, only Galenyuk and the goalies don't belong there on merit.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Like most people who leave coutry you live in it's past in a way. That's not new or extraordinarily rare. That includes the band and the song.
It's all true, however, I talk dayly with people who are still in the country, work in pro sports and are quite successful. They are my only source of information, not media or anything else.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
So Ushenins are leaving Amur... interesting
Magnitka says good bye to Pesonen

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Vityaz and Neftekhimik are the only teams I can realistically see them going to. But frankly, they need to get their shit together if they want to be useful to any team.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
You should know it is dangerous to "know" things. Most sterertypes exist only because of people "knowing" how things are done. And you can't tell them otherwise, because they know.

And you should actually know NHL's CBA does not work in the KHL. Contracts in the KHL are not as rigid as in the NHL. Contracts termination and changes are common practice.
Stereorypes are not an obvoously bad thing, so not a great argument
Also, not everything that is a critic of Russia is russophobia

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Because we have always carefully listened to the league´s officials, we know. Who is the #1 man behind this salary cap mechanism? A man wanting the league (clubs) to come to this cap model & financial responsibility as a whole?

His name is Gennady Nikolaevich Timchenko, SKA St.Petersburg Board of Directors Chairman & President.

You forgot to add "deeply respected mr Gennady Nikolaevich Timchenko"

Before this season SKA and CSKA flooded russian hockey with oil/gas money, collected almost all decent players like a vacuum cleaner and done it for years.
So, dont expect the attitude towards deeply respected Nikolaevich or Arkadievich to change in a moment.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Stereorypes are not an obvoously bad thing, so not a great argument
Also, not everything that is a critic of Russia is russophobia
Stereotypes are always a bad thing as tgey never resemble reality. And I never said every criticism of Russia is russophobia. I said russophobic narratives are the reason people go with stereotypes instead of reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad