KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Arturs Kulda is rumoured to NHL.

This seems strange after "medical reasons" or something like that was the official reason for the termination of his contract. Also looking at the NHL UFA market it would seem extremely unlikely it's the right time to get a one way contract there for a player who has proven absolutely nothing in his career.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Petr Vrana has signed a one year contract with Brynas.

Link: http://www.brynas.se/artikel/67624/

Sergei Demagin has been released by Torpedo and Denis Godla has been released by Slovan (too many goalies already).

Medvescak has made two decent signings in Colby Genoway and Danny Taylor.

Lukas Kozak has signed and extension (try-out) with Slovan.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Carter Ashton has signed a one year contract with Torpedo.

Link: http://www.hctorpedo.ru/10646-karter-eshton-popolnil-liniyu-napadeniya-torpedo.html

There are rumours that Miks Indrasis will sign an extension with Riga.

Link: http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/dinamo_riga/21072015-indrasis_trenejas_un_veic_parrunas_ar_rig
Carter Ashton will do well in the KHL, I think. He was a guy who was on the cusp of being an NHL'er, but he's been dealing with injuries. Torpedo is putting together a pretty good team this year, despite losing Wolski.

What happened to Indrasis going to the Islanders?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Carter Ashton will do well in the KHL, I think. He was a guy who was on the cusp of being an NHL'er, but he's been dealing with injuries. Torpedo is putting together a pretty good team this year, despite losing Wolski.

What happened to Indrasis going to the Islanders?

I'm fairly skeptical regarding Ashton, never really a good scorer, limited tools, can't really see power forward like himself working out all that great in the KHL.

Indrasis never said he is going to the Islanders since it would mean he has to sign an ELC and play in the AHL for pennies. Why would he do that, really? Alternatively, it might be he just had an invite for a try-out in some kind of camp (he already participated in Blackhawks rookie camp 2 years ago) which again, why would he do that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Anyone know what happened to Stan Zhmakin? Is he retired?

Zhmakin never retired officially but he probably is. Got seriously hurt at the beginning of 13/14 season and that was pretty much it. He was in Kuznya's camp last year but they decided not to sign him and when Kuznya doesn't sign you that's as good of a sign your KHL days are over as any. And he probably simply didn't want to play in the VHL.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
What teams still need centers? Olli Jokinen might be available. NHL is over for him but would do still fine in KHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Out of the teams that can afford him probably only CSKA. Wouldn't seem like CSKA kind of signing though, I'd guess he will end up in NLA or Finland.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What teams still need centers? Olli Jokinen might be available. NHL is over for him but would do still fine in KHL.

Out of the teams that can afford him probably only CSKA. Wouldn't seem like CSKA kind of signing though, I'd guess he will end up in NLA or Finland.

His comments last year indicate that he's pretty much set on living in Florida/Miami when his career is done so I doubt he's coming to Europe. From what I remember reading, he's not exactly a fan of the European style of heavy puck possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad