KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I have no idea how it made sense for them to let him go like that. Pretty sure he would have broken out in Liiga, now they got Spilar instead who will score like 15 points.

Spilar scored 7 points in 20 games in Torpedo Kazzinc Ust-Kamenogorsk in the VHL in 2011-2012. And he is 34 now. If he actually scores 15 points in Liiga it would be an over-achievement for him.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Shumi Babaev (his agent) said that Antropov had some offers but they were unacceptable for him. He also hinted that it's caused by some family issues.

No sane person should listen what Babayev has to say (though I'm not saying he isn't a good agent). :laugh:

So it looks like league minimum two-way deal, which would ultimately and certainly will put him in to the abyss of AHL doesn't interest Antropov, but might be the only thing on the table somewhere... I could have told him that two years ago. :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Sport fans are really pissed at losing Gavrus because he has been their best player in training matches.

Yeah, I have no idea how it made sense for them to let him go like that. Pretty sure he would have broken out in Liiga, now they got Spilar instead who will score like 15 points.

Did Sport really let him go? DM probably just increased their salary offer and he bolted back in like two seconds.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Did Sport really let him go? DM probably just increased their salary offer and he bolted back in like two seconds.

Well yeah, that is most likely what happened on one side of the fence but at the same time he had a contract with Sport so they had to just release him or DM had to buy him back. In any case, this would only make sense if Gavrus had a gentleman's agreement with Sport all along.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
SU released Kaigorodov. Makes sense from pay-roll perspective with Makarov, Engqvist and Soin on the team but still makes them a weaker team on paper. One more very solid player on FA market.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Obviously. That kinda makes sense as market is full off quality players. Loko can probably get Červenka for the same price now.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Obviously. That kinda makes sense as market is full off quality players. Loko can probably get Červenka for the same price now.

Well, but it's not like they part ways without any losses, they have to pay some percentage of the wage anyway. He probably was earning healthy numbers, so I'm not too sure about being able to find something better on market with the money saved. Wasn't he actually a really handy player for Loko?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, but it's not like they part ways without any losses, they have to pay some percentage of the wage anyway. He probably was earning healthy numbers, so I'm not too sure about being able to find something better on market with the money saved. Wasn't he actually a really handy player for Loko?

I think that percentage is rather symbolic in the KHL, it's not like they just want to get rid of player at any cost. They probably informed Platt to find a new team some time ago and simply wouldn't have released him if he hadn't found one which agreed to pay him acceptable moneys. I mean Platt's agent said he will sign a new contract before the new season begins, basically in a week, so he obviously pretty much has a deal in place already.

He was a handy player but probably overpriced. Although they won't be getting Cervenka, they don't even have a free import spot which makes Platt's release kinda dubious.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
But CSKA already has an overflow of forwards, makes no sense IMO. Good players are going to waste away on the 4th line any way things shake out. Same with goaltending, what are they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad