KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
maybe his wife changed residence? :)

She couldn't move to Kazan even when his his husband spent last 10 years there, so it is very unlikely to say the least. In reality it looks like no one really wants to meet his wage demands in Western conference at this stage of his career...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, obviously nobody offered him a good enough contract in the KHL and rightfully so since he most likely isn't worth the contract he thinks is good enough for him. So it just might be he decided to go to some NHL camp on a try-out. No way he gets an NHL contract though, there's just no way.

My guess is he lowers his demands in autumn and signs the deal with something like Vityaz or Spartak, much like Daniil Markov did back in the day.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is rights still belong to Winnipeg? The guy is not good any more, what NHL?

No, not anymore. His stats, experience and "intangibles" are good enough for someone to give him a try-out but as I've said, no way he gets a contract.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
I think that Nikulin is still ok for the level of a half of KHL teams. Ak Bars is an elite club (whether you like it or you don't)
"It's all about money" (c). If he is not that expensive now why not?

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
With season being so close I realised Sibir doesn't have a legit 1C yet. To be more exact, nothing even remotely similar to one. So people who follow KHL closely, what are other teams with such glaring weaknesses?

Admiral's goaltending can be counted in I guess although I'm not even sure if they plan to sign someone else.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Finnish referee Antti Boman will be officiating in the KHL this season.

Really? Not sure what to think about this. I like KHL-school reffing. Make-up-calls done right are a good thing, letting players play is a good thing. Not calling big penalties if you aren't really sure, even better. Mistakes happen time to time of course to any refs. I hope Boman doesn't try to bring the Liiga ref culture, but adapts the KHL.

In pre-season I spotted that Finnish refs in some of the games weren't really on the icing culture in KHL. There were few that should've been waved off by KHL standards so far. NHL and KHL have bit better flow because they wave of slightly more icings. Penalties were quite OK, but couple of bad calls against Sibir in the last game.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Lubomir Visnovsky is rumoured to Slovan.

Link: http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/191467/lubomir-visnovsky-mieri-spat-do-slovana/

Sasa Martinovic is training with Eisbaren Berlin.

Link: http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin-spor...sa-martinovic-trainiert-bei-den-eisbaeren-mit

Belarusian left-winger Anatoly Protasenya (who also has Czech citizenship) is getting a try-out with Slovan.

Link: http://www.hokejportal.net/?q=clanok/slovan-skusa-bieloruskeho-utocnika-protasenu/60236

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=17667

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So you wanna say NHL teams arent lining up to sign him? :amazed:

I think he might have missed the chance to play for Barys too, they will just sign Stephen Weiss instead :sarcasm:

Seriously though, it's pretty crazy how many good players are still left unsigned.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sport fans are really pissed at losing Gavrus because he has been their best player in training matches.

Yeah, I have no idea how it made sense for them to let him go like that. Pretty sure he would have broken out in Liiga, now they got Spilar instead who will score like 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad