KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Zhmakin never retired officially but he probably is. Got seriously hurt at the beginning of 13/14 season and that was pretty much it. He was in Kuznya's camp last year but they decided not to sign him and when Kuznya doesn't sign you that's as good of a sign your KHL days are over as any. And he probably simply didn't want to play in the VHL.

Too bad too hear, guy had all kinds of talent

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Tretyak:
"Belarussian players are not subject to the limit of legioners in Russian clubs"

Way to go! I believe that Latvian, Finnish, Slovakian and Kazakh players should be treated in same way.

"The limits may be changed in the season 2016-2017"
Knowing Tretyak I bet he is going to cut it to 3. :rant:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Tretyak:
"Belarussian players are not subject to the limit of legioners in Russian clubs"

Way to go! I believe that Latvian, Finnish, Slovakian and Kazakh players should be treated in same way.

"The limits may be changed in the season 2016-2017"
Knowing Tretyak I bet he is going to cut it to 3. :rant:

Well at least teams like Astana can find a loophole. They currently have 6 NA's and whenever there CDN forwards get passports, which they are eligible for BTW, they will have 3 more spots open.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Well at least teams like Astana can find a loophole. They currently have 6 NA's and whenever there CDN forwards get passports, which they are eligible for BTW, they will have 3 more spots open.

What do you mean? It's not like non-Russian teams have foreigner restrictions, except that they must have at least five players from their respective country, which is a non-issue for all teams excluding Medvescak. Those imports are only handed out passports so that they could strengthen the national team.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
What do you mean? It's not like non-Russian teams have foreigner restrictions, except that they must have at least five players from their respective country, which is a non-issue for all teams excluding Medvescak. Those imports are only handed out passports so that they could strengthen the national team.

I meant a guy like Dallman no longer counts as a foreigner in the KHL, which is why Barys has 6 NA players on their rosters. Bochenski, Boyd and Dawes are all eligible for Kazahk passports, I would imagine they would get them soon (Bochenski said he was thinking about it about a year back in an interview). When they get their Kazahk passports Barys will be able to sign 3 more foreigners. Other guys around the league like this are Platt, Lalande. I would expect more to come if import limits are going to be lowered.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Salavat released Dmitryi Makarov because reasons proving KHL is still quite ********. Obviously it's Salavat's loss and somebody else's gain in this case.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I meant a guy like Dallman no longer counts as a foreigner in the KHL, which is why Barys has 6 NA players on their rosters. Bochenski, Boyd and Dawes are all eligible for Kazahk passports, I would imagine they would get them soon (Bochenski said he was thinking about it about a year back in an interview). When they get their Kazahk passports Barys will be able to sign 3 more foreigners. Other guys around the league like this are Platt, Lalande. I would expect more to come if import limits are going to be lowered.

Dallman counts as a foreigner in every team not based in Russia, what are you talking about? Urbanskog is right, Barys can ice a team compiled exclusively from Canadians if they wish, there is no foreigner limit forced upon them.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Tolpeko left SYu and will play in Torpedo. Official SYu web-site says.

In the same time SYu denied info about Dmitry Makarov's leave.

It was a video-trainer Igor Makarov who left SYu ))))

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
A lot like Belov, big, good skater, big shot but soft and not great defensively. Good passer so he has that going for him in today's NHL but overall I'd say not good enough for it. No wonder he goes to the Flyers.

This move really shocks me. While Medvedev is not a bad player by any means, he's over his prime and very mistake prone on D. He can't clear the crease and with the smaller rinks his deltaT to make passes will be miniscule, which will effect his passing.

I think it's a risky move on behalf of the Flyers. But all the props to Medvedev though, making the move at such a mature age, I wish him luck.
I'm happy the Flyers signed a defenseman from Russia, although now having watched a couple more AK Bars games, I'm left with a lukewarm feeling. From what I remember from years ago, he really stood out, but in the games I've seen in the past year, he didn't really stand out as the best defender on the team. I mean, none of them really did, but while I agree his passes are good and crisp, it seemed to me his positioning wasn't all that great at times. He was also prone to defensive lapses, like mentioned, and taking unnecessary penalties. All in all, I did see him as a solid defender that can join the rush, but not that solid. To be honest, I was more impressed with Denisov, and the rest of the defensive corps wasn't far behind, either.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Tomas Pek has signed a contract with the Toulouse-Blagnac, that's French 3rd league. I expect your natural reaction to be "wut?", "who?" or "why would I care" but the thing is this guy was #10 pick in the KHL draft 5 years ago drafted by non other but a SKA St. Petersburg.

KHL draft. So good.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
more like replace him if things go not as expected.

Vaisfeld: "The contract with Zakharkin is Yemelin's initiative"

As I understood Zakharkin will be a trainer of trainers in the SYu system including Tolpar, Toros, Agidel and SYu's Hockey School

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Tomas Pek has signed a contract with the Toulouse-Blagnac, that's French 3rd league. I expect your natural reaction to be "wut?", "who?" or "why would I care" but the thing is this guy was #10 pick in the KHL draft 5 years ago drafted by non other but a SKA St. Petersburg.

KHL draft. So good.

Do you mean that in contrast to KHL every young player drafted by the NHL plays at the level he was expected?
Or you mean that this is typical that KHL drafted guys play in third leagues?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Do you mean that in contrast to KHL every young player drafted by the NHL plays at the level he was expected?
Or you mean that this is typical that KHL drafted guys play in third leagues?

Well if you don't understand what I mean maybe that post isn't for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad