KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Mikko Mäenpää has signed a two year extension with Lev Praha which makes him the fifth Finnish player in Lev's roster. Others are Petri Vehanen, Atte Engren, Teemu Ramstedt and Topi Jaakola.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yes, he was called a "ryssä" too many times when he was growing up in Finland and he wanted a less "Russian sounding" name because of that.

i live in USA, I know a tone of Russian who has changed their name to sound more American and plausible to an American, I have never understood that or supported it, never changed my name, even though it does post some difficulties (as in meeting girls, and even making business acquaintances)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Mikko Mäenpää has signed a two year extension with Lev Praha which makes him the fifth Finnish player in Lev's roster. Others are Petri Vehanen, Atte Engren, Teemu Ramstedt and Topi Jaakola.

to be clear, it is renegotiated valid contract - one year extansion of previous one (+ other details of contract which are not published)

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
but his name is Leonid and he's an ethnic Russian born in Est, later moved to Finn. Don't matter what he prefers

He's an ethnic Karelian, if I remember it correctly (his uncle still lives here). And it's up to him how to refer to himself, nobody calls Stan Mikita Stanislav either. Previous generations of immigrants from East Karelia used to change not only their first names, Aki Kaurismäki could be Aki Kuzmin for that matter.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
*puts mod hat on*

Guys, please, lets stop this offtopic about names, ethnicity or whatever not related to off-season transfers, this simply won't end well.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Impressed by Kurbatov's -15 season, CSKA gives up two draft picks just to get him back from Yekaterinburg. Right? :sarcasm:

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
Impressed by Kurbatov's -15 season, CSKA gives up two draft picks just to get him back from Yekaterinburg. Right? :sarcasm:
Maybe, but did you see Avto buying a draft pick last season? Now the club is managed by Vaisfeld, a real fan of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad