KHL Season 2019/20

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I wonder on how long of a leash Skudra is with Traktor, his team is pretty unconvincing in the early stages of the season.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
So there’s a ₽270mm (€3.7mm) floor now?

Even the highest spending Liiga club only drops €3.5mm, how does a third of the league budget for that even if sold out for all their home matches?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

Even the highest spending Liiga club only drops €3.5mm, how does a third of the league budget for that even if sold out for all their home matches?

The KHL is not a 'bums on seats' league like the rest of the hockey/sports world. You could run SKA with no fans and they'd still be the highest spending team in the league. A ticket costs like what.. less than €5-10 for most teams and games, there is no way you are making money even if you fill the arena every game.

All the money comes from sponsors/investors/Gazprom/Government ect.

Ah just seen you have many posts, maybe you was posting as like sarcasm, but incase not see above!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Do you guys think Dmitry Yudin has any NHL upside?

He doesn't make Ak Bars top-6 at the age 24 so that's a pretty convincing "no" for me. If there is someone on that team with NHL potential it's Lyamkin.

I wonder on how long of a leash Skudra is with Traktor, his team is pretty unconvincing in the early stages of the season.

I think before the home stretch starting at 23rd of September he had nothing to worry about. I think their results so far, figuring in injuries to Thomas and Bailen, and the Eastern trip, are acceptable. But when at home they will need to start climbing above .500.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

It is for 20/21, but it will increase to 50% of the salary cap, so ₽450mm. I would go with 75% of the cap, but yeah, they decided already.

E: of course, ₽450mm in case if the salary cap will not increase.
E2: There will not be more than five clubs having an issue with the floor at 50%. Not a big deal. Do not worry.

Last edited:

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
It will be fun to see how our 17-year old defensemen Nikishin will do today against Avangard. He was moved today to second line from being on fourth before.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It will be fun to see how our 17-year old defensemen Nikishin will do today against Avangard. He was moved today to second line from being on fourth before.
He is team-worst -3 in limited minutes though so I don't know how good of an idea that is.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
To me it sounds like a terrible idea, but maybe Znarok has some crazy idea today. Also our usual VHL goalie is starting. Against Omsk.
Khomchenko has some amazing stats on a garbage VHL team so I'm actually quite excited to see how will he do in the KHL. It's not like Bespalov has been any good this season.

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
Khomchenko has some amazing stats on a garbage VHL team so I'm actually quite excited to see how will he do in the KHL. It's not like Bespalov has been any good this season.
The one time I saw him in Voskresensk he was quite good against Neva, so it's promising at least. Just an odd game to try him from the start, against Avangard and with todays roster in general.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The one time I saw him in Voskresensk he was quite good against Neva, so it's promising at least. Just an odd game to try him from the start, against Avangard and with todays roster in general.
Well they pulled Bespalov last game and Khomchenko did well in relief so it makes sense. Znarok probably thinks Bespalov in this tire-fire state doesn't give them a chance at all.

Reactions: Witte49

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Avangard is actually not impressive at all the last 3 games. They are a good team but definitely not some flawless dominant machine yet. They are the team which can win against CSKA but then also helplessly lose to Severstal.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Poor start from Magnitka is a surprise, with the signings they had...

Poor start by Loko is not surprise, the roster is very young and the coach is a life-time bust.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Dynamo dominated in the 3rd period by Severstal. Watching them is sad from the first minute though

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, I think the relatively easy schedule is the only thing which allows Krikunov not to be mentioned between the candidates to be fired. I've been on the record many times saying I'm not a fan of his so it might come off as a bit biased but Dynamo is really looking bad for the roster they have. And it makes sense as their head coach hasn't achieved any decent results over the last 10 years.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
While I understand the reasoning, I hate the schedule for Far Eastern teams and the ones visiting them. Traktor played Amur, Admiral and Kunlun all twice for a total of six games in the span of nine days. Whenever you look at them, you see them play the same teams over and over again. Looking forward to seeing how they'll fare in front of their own fans. While Amur-Admiral-Kunlun trio is no beast, it is still admirable that they managed to go above .500 in such a tiring and tight schedule.

I just noticed that Traktor's schedule is not getting any easier, either. After 17 games, they'll have played only six at home. Given that they have a single point out of two home games, maybe this is not too worrying for them.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
While I understand the reasoning, I hate the schedule for Far Eastern teams and the ones visiting them. Traktor played Amur, Admiral and Kunlun all twice for a total of six games in the span of nine days. Whenever you look at them, you see them play the same teams over and over again. Looking forward to seeing how they'll fare in front of their own fans. While Amur-Admiral-Kunlun trio is no beast, it is still admirable that they managed to go above .500 in such a tiring and tight schedule.
Any way you look at it, it'seven harder for the visiting team. Going below .500, under those circumstances, would be tragic.

On the unrelated note, Khomchenko has only allowed 2 goals in the last 2 starts.

Reactions: Witte49

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Makarov on a try-out contract with Avangard after the team has been decimated by injuries. How do try-out contracts work, by the way? What makes a contract try-out level? I mean, a regular contract would be something like, "We sign this for two years. You'll be paid this amount of money per year." but I have no idea what a try-out contract includes, other than the obvious fact that it is a short-term one. Do players receive money for it? How long can it be?

I was actually post this to transfer news, oops. Any way to delete this?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Makarov on a try-out contract with Avangard after the team has been decimated by injuries. How do try-out contracts work, by the way? What makes a contract try-out level? I mean, a regular contract would be something like, "We sign this for two years. You'll be paid this amount of money per year." but I have no idea what a try-out contract includes, other than the obvious fact that it is a short-term one. Do players receive money for it? How long can it be?

I was actually post this to transfer news, oops. Any way to delete this?
I don't know exact details about try-out contracts so I'm not going to answer that part (my understanding is you do receive money and it can be, I think, up to a 1 month long) but you delete the message by pressing "delete" at the bottom of your post :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00