KHL Season 2019/20

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Looks like good hockey school at Yaroslavl. Nice goal by Belyayev.

Last edited:

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Have you seen this masterpiece by Anton Shenfeld?

Apologize for reviving an old post. This is the most recent post I could find regarding Shenfeld. The 27-year-old is off to a point-per-game start but I could find very little information about him.

When I saw his name I figured he was an import but eliteprospects lists his hometown as Magnitogorsk.

Does anyone have more information about him?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Apologize for reviving an old post. This is the most recent post I could find regarding Shenfeld. The 27-year-old is off to a point-per-game start but I could find very little information about him.

When I saw his name I figured he was an import but eliteprospects lists his hometown as Magnitogorsk.

Does anyone have more information about him?
He has german roots. In and around Omsk mostly(Magnitogorsk being a neigbouring region) there is strong german community. Germans were deported there(and to Kazakhstan) during WW2 to avoid possible colaboration with the enemy issues. A lot of Germans migrated to Germany during the harsh 90s, but there are still some there as evidenced by some german names popping up in russian hockey.

I assume Schönfeld would be the german version of his name. He was a sort of a B grade prospect back in the day. So a late bloomer now with some good development to become a solid KHLer.

His peer Mozer is another one. He is from Omsk. Mozer being the russified german Moser to match the german pronounciation.
Yevgeni Mozer at eliteprospects.com

Eduard Reizvikh is probably another russified german name. Another Omsk native who played for the Omsk team.
Eduard Reizvikh at eliteprospects.com

Avangard's great of the past Viktor Graf played for Omsk in the late 60s IIRC. Antoher Omsk German for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJ Fan 12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->