KHL Season 2019/20

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Anybody want to guess how long the China venture will last after more abysmal attendances I've read.

After the Olympics I think they will pull the plug the season following if there's no post Olympic momentum to build on.

Reactions: Exarz and Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Anybody want to guess how long the China venture will last after more abysmal attendances I've read.

After the Olympics I think they will pull the plug the season following if there's no post Olympic momentum to build on.

I mean they don't even need fans in the arena as the owner just covers it all and they'd never make money back from ticket sales anyway.

But surely the league won't be too impressed with 800 fans bringing the leagues stats down? Be interesting to see what happens if they don't get back to Beijing soon

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There's not much to do, really. Cities without a KHL team don't have arenas good enough to host a KHL team. The ones with KHL teams don't want to deal with two different teams. Moreover, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have Avangard play in Novosibirsk or Chelyabinsk... Fans from Omsk would still find it very difficult to travel while locals wouldn't support the team at all. In that sense, Balashikha seems to be a good choice.

I'd have found Krasnoyarsk interesting despite the inevitable distance, they have an arena without a team and no local competitor above the VHL either. It's a bandy town, but if there ever was an opportunity this could have been it.

Reactions: Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The situation in Yaroslavl is getting interesting. Just like against Spartak they scored first but then sunk like a stone in a couple of minutes. A lot of time left to play but 2 losses like this at home against bad-ish teams definitely raise red flags.

What's arguably even worse, they are getting outshot quite badly once again.

Ava, meanwhile, after wins against CSKA and Jokerit, are about to lose their home debut to Severstal who play their backup goalie. Interesting development to say the least.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Loko president before the season said that Kvartalnov did a really good job working with the kids but they also need results. So they hired this guy. I was like "are you really that stupid or are you just blowing smoke"? Sadly I will never have a chance to ask that question.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Loko president before the season said that Kvartalnov did a really good job working with the kids but they also need results. So they hired this guy. I was like "are you really that stupid or are you just blowing smoke"? Sadly I will never have a chance to ask that question.
The NHL is "racist" to coaches, the KHL is the opposite. Let's hire that guy, because he coached in the NHL... and reasons.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
I know kunlun played their first games of the season in Shenzen but are they going to play in Beijing rest of their home games? Or is it Shanghai again?

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Haven't they played most of their home games in Shanghai since joining the league?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Magnitka clearly wanted Vorobyov after he became available, I just don't know why didn't they do it in the summer. Or was that "giving a chance" to Jandac?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I know kunlun played their first games of the season in Shenzen but are they going to play in Beijing rest of their home games? Or is it Shanghai again?
They will play in Beijing.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Ok. Thank you. I might travel in north China in winter so if everything goes well I might go in Beijing and see their game.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Ok. Thank you. I might travel in north China in winter so if everything goes well I might go in Beijing and see their game.
If you travel to the North, you can go to Jilin City for a VHL game.

Regarding Beijing, you can also visit VHL games, there are two teams playing in Beijing.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Who do you think could be breakout stars this season? Dronov? Wikstrand? Any young Dmen or forwards?

QuantifiedQ

Jul 9, 2019
Does anyone know a good place for KHL team stats? looking for shots for and against per period specifically. Goals too.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
If you travel to the North, you can go to Jilin City for a VHL game.

Regarding Beijing, you can also visit VHL games, there are two teams playing in Beijing.
Ok, thanks vorky. That sounds very good. Maybe I will travel to Beijing.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Ok, thanks vorky. That sounds very good. Maybe I will travel to Beijing.
KRS´s farm team plays at Beijing Sport University campus. I do not know the name of ORG´s arena, but here is a picture.

ORG

%D0%90%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0.jpg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Minsk is so sad.. They are really trying, all the games were close, they just don't have enough quality to win... Can't defend to save their life.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They just had to prove you wrong, didn't they? :D
I'm actually really glad, they deserved to win at least one. I don't know how many times per season they can score 5 but they did today, well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->