KHL Season 2019/20

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
So far Vityaz scored more goals/game than SKA and conceided less than CSKA... Their depth will be their limit. But so far, hats off

Reactions: Go Donbass

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So far Vityaz scored more goals/game than SKA and conceided less than CSKA... Their depth will be their limit. But so far, hats off

I also like that this team has an ability to come from behind, and the collars don't tighten when they have the lead. They seem to stick with the game plan, regardless of the situation they are in. You are right though, if the injury bug hits them, they are in trouble.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You are right though, if the injury bug hits them, they are in trouble.
Having said that, they won without Semin and Nattinen today. Jormakka has missed significant time, Shvets-Rogovoy missed significant time, Jerabek and Aaltonen have both missed a couple of games and Vityaz haven't skipped a beat.. They have already shown quite a lot of resilience already when it comes to that.

Reactions: Go Donbass

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure what you are trying to say, but Woodcroft sure has fired up this team, they are looking really good today and in general. It looks like he is filtering though young players in order to see who can step up at this level - might be big for national team.
I'm trying to say that the KHL level is extremely low when a team like Dinamo Minsk can post an 8 games point streak playing woth 5 local teenagers and useless veterans. What would have happened if they had the best local youngsters like Protas (who dominates WHL now) or AHL/OHL guys? They had Kazianin on the line with Pare and Kostitsyn. The kid who couldn't make the U20 team and didn't do much in Belarus extraleague.
BTW Albert Pujols had attended the game. They might ask him to play for the Belarus baseball national team... Or become a Dinamo sponsor. The guy makes $25 mil. a year. He could buy both Minsk and Riga teams.
ruefd072f9332.jpg

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Could have happened also in in the past, but never did..

04.03.19 Витязь - ЦСКАП 1:3 (0:2, 1:1, 0:0)
02.03.19 Витязь - ЦСКАП 1:3 (0:0, 1:1, 0:2)
04.01.19 Витязь - ЦСКАП 1:2 OT (0:0, 0:0, 1:1, 0:1)
18.12.18 Витязь - ЦСКАВ 2:0 (1:0, 1:0, 0:0)
05.01.18 Витязь - ЦСКАП 0:7 (0:3, 0:2, 0:2)
09.11.16 Витязь - ЦСКАВ 3:2 пен (0:2, 0:0, 2:0, 0:0)
07.12.15 Витязь - ЦСКАП 1:2 (1:1, 0:1, 0:0)
24.02.15 Витязь - ЦСКАП 1:2 OT (0:0, 0:1, 1:0, 0:1)
ЦСКА - Витязь - Очные встречи
03.10.19 ЦСКА - ВитязьП 1:2 (1:0, 0:2, 0:0)
28.02.19 ЦСКА - ВитязьВ 6:2 (0:1, 4:0, 2:1)
26.02.19 ЦСКА - ВитязьВ 4:0 (0:0, 2:0, 2:0)
18.02.19 ЦСКА - ВитязьВ 6:1 (3:0, 1:0, 2:1)
26.11.18 ЦСКА - ВитязьВ 3:1 (2:0, 0:1, 1:0)
23.12.17 ЦСКА - ВитязьП 1:3 (0:1, 0:2, 1:0)
08.12.16 ЦСКА - ВитязьВ 5:2 (2:0, 1:1, 2:1)
16.02.16 ЦСКА - ВитязьП 2:4 (1:1, 0:2, 1:1)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

but it did

Reactions: jaco

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Zaripov just abused Dinamo Minsk rookie goalie... Great play!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
sitting Kagarlitsky or playing him 9-12 minutes per game is just ridiculous

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Minsk lost both their goaltenders. 19 y.o Tolopilo and permanently injured Karnaukhov (who hasn't played a KHL game since February) will be the goalies in Riga and Helsinki. Should be a high scoring games... Looks like "total over 5" would be a good bet in both games.

Reactions: CPFC and aonb

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
but I was told he is no flash in the pan and ECHLers dominate KHL:sarcasm:
He isn't an ECHLer and it's obvious to anyone with 2 functioning eye balls. Starting slow is nothing new though, borderline NHLer Loktionov is currently at 3 points in 14 games, for example. Postma and Rychel just got fired. Shit happens. In general, Kunlun is the team where nobody did well, ever, this season being no exception.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
The 28 years old guy who played in the ECHL for 4 years till he was 26 and then moved to Europe is not an ECHLer.
The 22 years old guy who's played 79 KHL games, 19 VHL games and currently leads his Liiga team in +/- playing 28 minutes per game is a VHLer.
Pelicans - Vaasan Sport 3:5
[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There is a difference between playing in a said league 3 years ago and being sent to it this very season. But I guess time being a factor is hard to comprehend.

The thing which really is hilarious is that one day you are talking about how Liiga is better than the KHL, and the other you are sticking up for Liiga's defenseman of the year being ECHLer. Great consistency.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Mathew Maione=Nick Bailen. Both graduated from colleges, went to Europe, became a top-defensemen in Liiga because of their offensive skills and then moved to the KHL where scored even at a higher pace. They both are ECHL-level defensemen who are terrible at... well... defense. Bailen is not better than any Belarusian defenseman that was on the Minsk team 3 years ago when Woodcroft kicked him out from the team, so that gives you a clue.

So what is so hilarious for you? KHL now is obviously below AHL level (if you exclude the CSKA and possibly SKA).
Again. Dinamo Minsk had a chance to win every single game they've played this season, but if you look at their defense there's only 2 guys (at most) who would play in the AHL if they moved to North America, the rest of them are clearly at the ECHL level or even below.
Sapego was better than Deryabin or Yeryomenko on the U-20 team last year and he's playing in the ECHL now. Deryabin and Yeryomenko are the top-4 defenseman for the top-half KHL team.
Dyukov and Gotovets were playing in the ECHL, Yevenko was a tough-guy in the AHL and didn't play a single AHL playoffs game.
I wouldn't even mention the Belarusian forwards -- Martynov is the 2nd best forward after A.Kostitsyn and I doubt he would make even an ECHL team.
That's one of the top KHL teams now. That's the KHL level now.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
This is cherry picking masterclass. MMg releases Postma 10 games into season, a player who has been pretty much a borderline NHLer for 5 years before he came over to Europe, lets conclude KHL>NHL.... It almost seems that you don't believe in concept of that players, especial young ones, can improve (or regress) and adapt, step up to required level over time, nor you believe that lower league hockey in NA is more or less a different sport than hockey in Europe.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is cherry picking masterclass. MMg releases Postma 10 games into season, a player who has been pretty much a borderline NHLer for 5 years before he came over to Europe, lets conclude KHL>NHL.... It almost seems that you don't believe in concept of that players, especial young ones, can improve (or regress) and adapt, step up to required level over time, nor you believe that lower league hockey in NA is more or less a different sport than hockey in Europe.

It's not worth going into it... He takes a random fact and applies to everything the way he wants. Contradicts himself 5 minutes later by applying the same argument the other way around, doesn't bother him. In his mind, there are no such things as circumstances, upsets, surprises. And now matter how wrong he is, he just marches through with no recollection of it. Like on this occasion. But you know, we were all haters back then to suggest Belarus might lose that game as his superior stat-comparing brain power calculated it was not possible.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can anyone provide insight on Mikhail Grigorenko and what position he plays these days?

A decent portion of the Wild fan base seems intent on signing him to come over with Kaprizov. I can see the logic behind it, but I thought I had read that he’s a full time left wing now.

So can he play center at all? More specifically, can he play top 6 center in the NHL now?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Can anyone provide insight on Mikhail Grigorenko and what position he plays these days?

A decent portion of the Wild fan base seems intent on signing him to come over with Kaprizov. I can see the logic behind it, but I thought I had read that he’s a full time left wing now.

So can he play center at all? More specifically, can he play top 6 center in the NHL now?
All that you've heard is correct and to answer the later question, I'd say no. It would be putting a round peg into a square hole. I don't think he would do well in the NHL in any case, he is just not built to play fast-paced physical game but at wing maybe it's worth giving a shot.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
All that you've heard is correct and to answer the later question, I'd say no. It would be putting a round peg into a square hole. I don't think he would do well in the NHL in any case, he is just not built to play fast-paced physical game but at wing maybe it's worth giving a shot.

Thank you!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It seems, that the Goals per game is too low, isnt it? For example, CSKA scored 55 goals in 15 games (most to this time). That is a goal / game = 3,67.
Yeah, contrary to the hope the scoring hasn't increased at all, rink size changes didn't do anything. 8/12 teams in the East are at 2 goals per game, basically. Tragic, really. VHL levels of scoring.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
How can we explain the current performance from Admiral other than black magic? Is it just good teamwork or did they sign some NHLers while I was looking the other way? 10 wins in 16 games, wow. Not sure if it's just me but I find this season probably the most enjoyable one so far excluding the total domination of CSKA. There are so many teams and storylines to follow. Maybe with the exception of Dynamo Riga, every team is able to show something decent and stay in the race.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How can we explain the current performance from Admiral other than black magic? Is it just good teamwork or did they sign some NHLers while I was looking the other way?
12/16 games they have played were against teams in the bottom half of the league, they are perfect 4-0 in OT/SO and Olkinuora is currently at .943 in Sv% with Krasikov not far behind. Well done to Admiral for managing to take advantage but you can see none of those 3 factors is sustainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad