KHL Season 2019/20

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They have injuries and all but I feel the ice beneath Skudra's feet is indeed getting thinner. Performances like this in the middle of home stretch are unacceptable.

Also, hindsight and the continuous Magnitka's struggles bring to the attention the fact that Jandac was fired after losses to SKA, which is, well, SKA, and Vityaz who won against everybody else as well. So makes you wonder how much of it was actually coach's fault and how much deeper hole Magnitka dug for themselves by firing him that early. Only explanation I have is they were afraid somebody else nab Vorobyov and they really wanted him.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Any ideas what's going on with these guys?
- Filatov (still young and good when he wants to be good)
- Chistov (nice season in VHL, thought someone will give him a chance. I mean artyukhin is still playing hockey in khl)
- Frolov (finały retired?)

No updates on eliteprospects

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Any ideas what's going on with these guys?
- Filatov (still young and good when he wants to be good)
- Chistov (nice season in VHL, thought someone will give him a chance. I mean artyukhin is still playing hockey in khl)
- Frolov (finały retired?)

No updates on eliteprospects
Frolov is still playing in Korea for all I know.

I don't know if Chistov is still in the VHL, but he will never get out there. Artyukhin has stone hands, but obviously never stoned.

Filatov... nobody wants him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, that's a great signing, I just wish they didn't try to go into the season with Gudlevskis + Tretiak duo. Everyone saw it's a disaster in the making. And now it might be too late.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
On a sidenote, Riga looks like what Minsk was supposed to be and Minsk is what Riga was supposed to be. Surely it's by a large part thanks to late Minsk's additions (Pulkkinen, Prince, Yeryomenko) but they are looking really nice. Turns out you can have a pretty good team if half of it is quality imports :sarcasm:

Reactions: TommySalo

su24

Sep 30, 2017
The only imports Minsk has are 1 goalie, 1 defenseman and 4 forwards. Right, that's a half of the team. [Mod]
Also both Pare and Prince expressed desire to become a proud Belarusians.
Ellison probably won't play any more for them. He was terrible. They hasn't lost a game in regulation since Yeryomenko replaced him on the 1st pair alogside Gragniani.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The only imports Minsk has are 1 goalie, 1 defenseman and 4 forwards. Right, that's a half of the team. [Mod]
Also both Pare and Prince expressed desire to become a proud Belarusians.
Ellison probably won't play any more for them. He was terrible. They hasn't lost a game in regulation since Yeryomenko replaced him on the 1st pair alogside Gragniani.
Lighten up, it was an exaggeration. Although only partially, as impact-wise, at this moment, imports have scored 53 points and Belarussians - 37. Plus a starting goalie. So it's well above half and anyone who doesn't have his head in the sand understands imports are carrying Minsk which is what they are supposed to do anyway. But yes, as a "proud Belarussian" please feel extremely offended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Exarz

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Kazianin and Stepanov scored against Traktor. When such players (the 19 y.o. kid who didn't make the Belarus U-20 team at the last WJC and the washed out slow veteran) score against rich team like that you have to think that the league's level is going downhills too fast.
Prince and Pare were singing Belarusian anthem. I guess we can call them Princevich and Parevich now.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Kazianin and Stepanov scored against Traktor. When such players (the 19 y.o. kid who didn't make the Belarus U-20 team at the last WJC and the washed out slow veteran) score against rich team like that you have to think that the league's level is going downhills too fast.
Prince and Pare were singing Belarusian anthem. I guess we can call them Princevich and Parevich now.
Not sure what you are trying to say, but Woodcroft sure has fired up this team, they are looking really good today and in general. It looks like he is filtering though young players in order to see who can step up at this level - might be big for national team.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Game of the year billing is living up to its name. Vityaz leading CSKA 2-1 after 2 periods. Entertaining game, good crowd and a decent showing by the Vityaz fans as well. Should be a great third period.

Reactions: Rigafan

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Great finish to a really entertaining game, with Vityaz holding on for a 2-1 win over CSKA. With just under 3 minutes to play, CSKA went on the PP, but Vityaz did a really nice job of killing the penalty, and after weathering a bit of an attack by Red Army, were able to pull out the victory. The Knights have now beating SKA in St. Pete, Ak Bars at home and now Red Army in Moscow. This team is for real. Hopefully the can stay healthy and keep this rolling.

Reactions: jaco

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Great finish to a really entertaining game, with Vityaz holding on for a 2-1 win over CSKA. With just under 3 minutes to play, CSKA went on the PP, but Vityaz did a really nice job of killing the penalty, and after weathering a bit of an attack by Red Army, were able to pull out the victory. The Knights have now beating SKA in St. Pete, Ak Bars at home and now Red Army in Moscow. This team is for real. Hopefully the can stay healthy and keep this rolling.
Броски: 89-42 ; Броски в створ: 45-18
it's a joke, this happens

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Vityaz is now 11-1-0... Just wow! And we're not rock bottom anymore. Definitely interesting season

Reactions: Go Donbass

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Броски: 89-42 ; Броски в створ: 45-18
it's a joke, this happens

Vityaz goalie definitely stood on his head today. He made several incredible saves. A lot of those shots came as a result of CSKA getting a lot more PP opportunities than Vityaz did. Shots on net are meaningless when the other team puts more of theirs in the net than you do.

Reactions: jaco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->