KHL Season 2016/2017

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
So, with few games left if Jokerit and Sochi finish level on points, who will have the advantage?

ermolli

Nov 22, 2016
Bratislava - Engerau
Interview with Los Angeles Peter Budaj in slovakian news: http://hokej.pravda.sk/nhl/clanok/419576-zapas-hviezd-je-len-pozlatko-dolezitejsie-je-ze-sa-mi-dari/

Question: Where do you see the biggest problem of slovakian hockey (decrease number of high level players)?

Budaj: Young players in Slovakia and Europe dont wont to go to the universities and junior hockey to the North America, they dont go to the AHL. They prefer money in the KHL and they dont to wait for chance in the NA. In my time KHL did not exist and we had way junior hockey - AHL - NHL. I have heard a lot of young players in the AHL, they dont wait and stay. So they go earn money to the KHL and Europe.

So, tell me, is this guy clown, or what? Yes, here is plenty people in Slovakia, who complained for Slovan participating in the KHL. But nobody blame this league for decreasing of the slovakian hockey level. Really, when I read this article, I dont believe it. WTF? Alt-facts in the hockey? :laugh: So, it doesnt matter than we havent system in our hockey, we havent new methods for young playres training and we freeze somewhere in 2002. No, the biggest problem of the slovakian (european) hockey is KHL :amazed:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Interview with Los Angeles Peter Budaj in slovakian news: http://hokej.pravda.sk/nhl/clanok/419576-zapas-hviezd-je-len-pozlatko-dolezitejsie-je-ze-sa-mi-dari/

Question: Where do you see the biggest problem of slovakian hockey (decrease number of high level players)?

Budaj: Young players in Slovakia and Europe dont wont to go to the universities and junior hockey to the North America, they dont go to the AHL. They prefer money in the KHL and they dont to wait for chance in the NA. In my time KHL did not exist and we had way junior hockey - AHL - NHL. I have heard a lot of young players in the AHL, they dont wait and stay. So they go earn money to the KHL and Europe.

So, tell me, is this guy clown, or what? Yes, here is plenty people in Slovakia, who complained for Slovan participating in the KHL. But nobody blame this league for decreasing of the slovakian hockey level. Really, when I read this article, I dont believe it. WTF? Alt-facts in the hockey? :laugh: So, it doesnt matter than we havent system in our hockey, we havent new methods for young playres training and we freeze somewhere in 2002. No, the biggest problem of the slovakian (european) hockey is KHL :amazed:

All-in-all, it is a total crap, of course. But I understand him. He is now happy about his position - an old goalie with no chance to ever play again in the NHL is now among TOP 5 goalies in the world. Therefore he is convinced that his way - struggling and waiting for your chance - is the right way for everyone. Absolutely nothing to do with reality but whatever.

ermolli

Nov 22, 2016
Bratislava - Engerau
All-in-all, it is a total crap, of course. But I understand him. He is now happy about his position - an old goalie with no chance to ever play again in the NHL is now among TOP 5 goalies in the world. Therefore he is convinced that his way - struggling and waiting for your chance - is the right way for everyone. Absolutely nothing to do with reality but whatever.

Yes, I like Budaj return from black hole to the top. It is wonderfull. But he is starting goalie in the NHL, no backup in the Albany River Rats or HC Detva :laugh: plenty people trust him, plenty people respect him. This is no position to spread the ********. I never see similar fake stories from guys like Satan or Visnovsky. They always talk about KHL with respect.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Budaj may simply envy the players who don't have to play 6 years for pocket change to start their careers, like he did. Pretty dumb thing to say from him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Admiral is sinking without the trace. Admiral sinking, get it, best joke EU. Seriously though, they have 2 very tough away games incoming, looking terrible at the moment. I think SU and Sibir takes the final 2 spots in the East. Sibir has the easiest remaining schedule overall, SU has 3 points waiting for them in home game against Lada. My guess is SU finish 7th with 85-86 points, Sibir 8th with 84-85, Admiral 9th with 82-84.

To be honest, Kunlun dropping to 7th or 8th wouldn't be a surprise either but I don't think they can slip to 9th. They just need to grind out one point in remaining 3 games which is bound to happen.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Admiral is sinking without the trace. Admiral sinking, get it, best joke EU. Seriously though, they have 2 very tough away games incoming, looking terrible at the moment. I think SU and Sibir takes the final 2 spots in the East. Sibir has the easiest remaining schedule overall, SU has 3 points waiting for them in home game against Lada. My guess is SU finish 7th with 85-86 points, Sibir 8th with 84-85, Admiral 9th with 82-84.

To be honest, Kunlun dropping to 7th or 8th wouldn't be a surprise either but I don't think they can slip to 9th. They just need to grind out one point in remaining 3 games which is bound to happen.

Sorry about amazing PS skills, I just couldn't contain myself. After all I've seen from this team...

nuewrVP.jpg

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have they released a playoff schedule? I know not every spot is decided yet, but sometimes they release early schedules, and then fill in the rest of the information afterwards.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Have they released a playoff schedule? I know not every spot is decided yet, but sometimes they release early schedules, and then fill in the rest of the information afterwards.

They released general playoff schedule before season, see in english here.

If you are interesting in KHL rules etc, visit KHL website - about KHL - documents. Better to visit russian version of website.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So SU and Jokerit basically clinched the PO spot today. Sibir only got a point but slow and steady might win the race in their case as all the opponents lost and got 0 point.

SKA might have thrown the regular season title away with home loss to Spartak. But that's just SKA things.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Historic day as Vityaz clinch their first ever playoff spot. Hopefully they can make SKA work hard for a series win, or better yet pull off the massive upset.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is it time to put a bullet in Novokuznetsk?

Novokuznetsk is a very important city for Russian hockey but they are more like a teacher than a bright student; so I believe they should go to VHL. No KHL but no bullet either. They are just not at the right place.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Sibir couldn't win against Yugra either. It seems they really don't deserve to be in the PO. They still have good chances if they win the last game but at this point I'm starting to doubt it's gonna happen.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Today deserve by far the win,but the lack of scoring kill them.

so they don't deserve to be in the PO.

you can't blame lack of scoring when you have in your line up players like Shalunov, Shumakov, Sannikov, Okulov, Kemppainen or Boychuk and you play against weak Yugra (3L in last 3GP)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Looking forward to seeing attendance figures for Barys in play-off. 10K is not unrealistic for a city like Astana, especially with their modern arena and somehow promising team but I'm not sure if they can average that. It's also very interesting to me that we have ONLY one play-off pair in place out of eight before... last games. Very tight and enjoyable season. Will miss that one.

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
so they don't deserve to be in the PO.

you can't blame lack of scoring when you have in your line up players like Shalunov, Shumakov, Sannikov, Okulov, Kemppainen or Boychuk and you play against weak Yugra (3L in last 3GP)

Indeed.The final spot after a long season,is what you deserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad