KHL Season 2016/2017

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
You forgot the Swiss league. Best players can make 200-500K euros (maybe even more in Switzerland)in those leagues, play less games (apart from Finland) and due to less travel, spend more time with their families.

Can be even more, Klasen makes 800K-year or something like that.
That being said, hardly the average salary is higher, and the level is lower.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
So me and buddy went to Minsk to watch Dinamo (Minsk) vs Dinamo (Riga). We had a blast. I've been hundred and hundred of games but never seen anything like it. The crowd was in rage as Minsk served something like 30 minutes in the penalty box, eventually losing the game 3-1. The ref pretty much decided the game.

-Ben Scrivens going absolutely crazy, making fun of the referee.
-Some dude taking a slapshot after the whistle had been blown (another penalty), hitting a Riga player right in the ankle.
-Crowd throwing water bottles on the ice etc.

Anyway, I'm pretty good at finding stuff around the internet, being a member of vk etc. I have found the highlights of the game, including Scrivens going nuts. But I've failed to find people throwing stuff on the ice, and most importantly... The slapshot. Is there somewhere I can find this incident? An unbelievable event. So ****ing hilarious I couldn't believe my eyes. We were pretty much out of our seats, laying on the floor laughing.

Oh and by the way. Bet all your money on Minsk this tuesday. They are going to win this game. They're still pissed off about the ref, and the other team will have to pay for it. I'm putting 100 bucks on it.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Watching Vityaz play and all things considered, they deserve to make the playoffs. It's just too bad that either Jokerit or Slovan will have to give up their place to them.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Kuznya snaps a 12 game long losing streak with a SO win against Lada in Togliatti :handclap: Semyonov and Lebeddev with money SO goals.
A group of gopnik "fans" tried to motivate the players for a game against CSKA by putting themselves above the team. Because CSKA is the rival of the same named team in football.
How this bunch ended up in the locker room is beyond me :facepalm: no wonder CSKA won 6-1 :laugh:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
A group of gopnik "fans" tried to motivate the players for a game against CSKA by putting themselves above the team. Because CSKA is the rival of the same named team in football.
How this bunch ended up in the locker room is beyond me :facepalm: no wonder CSKA won 6-1 :laugh:

Moscow teams fan bases are polluted by football fans culture and directly football fans. They think football hooliganism is proper for hockey too. They should just put some of them in jail for incidents like this.

ermolli

Nov 22, 2016
Bratislava - Engerau
They should just put some of them in jail for incidents like this.

But Spartak management must knew it? It is not possible to attack locker room without club authorities acceptation. Btw, this method of motivation was really emotional: "look on old women in the streets, you have good job and money, so play for 120%"

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
But Spartak management must knew it? It is not possible to attack locker room without club authorities acceptation. Btw, this method of motivation was really emotional: "look on old women in the streets, you have good job and money, so play for 120%"

When I'm talking about putting somebody in jail I'm talking about the legal way all the way. There should be a proper investigation and ALL people responsible should answer for those acts of stupidity/hooliganism/breaking quite a number of league regualtions obviously. I'm not talking about death penalties, but some snow removal sessions for the good of the society along with some hefty fines would do.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
This is an upgrade to NHL. Why just let journalists in locker room, let the fans come... Seriously, this is utter amateurism on top level. I dont even want to comment that guys, but I dont remember case even in soccer when some team allowed its fans to have discussion in their own locker room....Kunlun should take its players to watch execution in some Beijing prisons in case they loosing motivation....

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone have a problem with SKA releasing Datsyuk for an award ceremony in Los Angeles? They didn't have a full lineup today. They were using a VHL player, and they lost.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Anyone have a problem with SKA releasing Datsyuk for an award ceremony in Los Angeles? They didn't have a full lineup today. They were using a VHL player, and they lost.

Why would they care? They probably would and will rest him a lot anyway towards the end of regular season. Not much left to fight for.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yes. With their lack of depth and talent on the roster, it was a crucial loss that put their playoff position in jeopardy.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What has been wrong with Ufa? While still unlikely, theoretically it is possible for them to miss top 8. They've been horrible. Omark didn't start well but then picked up steam. For a while, Arzamastsev surprisingly carried them for several games. Is there any specific reason for their slump or is it just they are not good enough as a team? I didn't expect them to be title contenders but my expectation was that they would at least fight for conference final. Top 4 followed by conference semi-final at least... Now though, it looks horrible for them.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Dawes closing in on Mozy for goal scoring record, Mozy hits 42 today likely putting the record out of reach for quite some time with still 4 more games to go. looks like he will also have the points record.

Just want to also mention the year Kovy is having. Quietly behind Mozy he looks to also be set to surpass the previous points scoring record set by Radulov. 30 goal season also impressive, surely puts him back into the talk for Olympic consideration. Per review of several games by my account he is flying out there, joining the rush with more purpose than last year, looks to have found some motivation again.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What has been wrong with Ufa? While still unlikely, theoretically it is possible for them to miss top 8. They've been horrible.

They are terrible defensively. Pretty much it. They also had rotten luck with injuries but that's secondary.

Regarding Kovy, if NHL indeed doesn't go he is obviously in the Olympics. Half of the SKA players will be in.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
AVG-AMR 0-2 !!! And without Ramstedt and Kuusela (I think we won't see them again)

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
AVG-AMR 0-2 !!! And without Ramstedt and Kuusela (I think we won't see them again)

Can you say something more? They looked like leaders of this team along with Zohorna

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Amur is obviously missing the playoffs and transfer window in Liiga is open for 2 more weeks so they are undoubtedly trying to sell Finns and recoup some money back.

Also, knowing Amur's leadership it's entirely possible they were deemed unsatisfactory. And, to be honest, they probably should have produced more. Regarding win against Ava today, Avangard has lost 4th in a row, 3 of those against non-playoff teams so they are obviously taking it super easy at the moment.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Can you say something more? They looked like leaders of this team along with Zohorna

Just an impression.... Amur is out of the PO's (even if Kuznya's win today keeps them still in the race, at least theoretically...), they will finish the Regular Season on the road and the two didn't play the last home game against Zagreb neither, so I think they didn't join the team for the trip.

Maybe they're on their way to a PO-team??

But, again, just an impression...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Now I might be wrong but I think Kašpar is the first case in KHL history of import player being sent down to the VHL, surviving that and bouncing back when he got back to the KHL line up.

Dynamo, not coincidentally really, are one of the best teams in the league in the 2nd half of the season. They are playing pretty damn well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Obviously some teams are in "whatever man" mode meanwhile Neftekhimik, judging from last 2 games, want to prove something. Too little too late.

This was such a classic Neftekhimik season once again, it never ceases to amaze me. Seemingly good roster, high hopes >> coach fired the moment team struggles >> roster turnover to improve it even more >> finishing in 9th place. Year after year. I wonder do the guys in charge of that whole operation take a look at themselves sometimes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad