KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladNYC*

Hmmm. So what is the point of all of this? Just to have a good partnership with Swedish businesses and academic while teaching our guys the basics of economics and marketing? Or is there something I am no seeing?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Hmmm. So what is the point of all of this? Just to have a good partnership with Swedish businesses and academic while teaching our guys the basics of economics and marketing? Or is there something I am no seeing?

I have the same Q.... I see nothing more in this statement, unfortunatelly.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
why sweden though? If you wanna learn about marketing ask NA guys,they know a thing or two about marketing and buisness

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I forgot, former swedish hockey player, the guy with name Peter Forsberg (that one?), attended the ceremony of signature the document. Wow, he has a looooot of time.

why sweden though? If you wanna learn about marketing ask NA guys,they know a thing or two about marketing and buisness

And when you want to defeat your opponent, try to lure their generals.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
It's tempting to believe that the trade to Dynamo was the last straw for him. That was a pretty ugly move not everyone was ready to accept.

Jun 30, 2008
Sweden

Stockholm School of Economics is one of the better schools out there, and probably the most reputable in Sweden. Plus, I think they have an actual school in Riga, and a couple of offices in Russia. The link is pretty natural. I doubt it is about marketing the KHL, it is most likely about some sort of leadership/management program for retired athletes. If I remember correctly, Peter Forsberg (as vorky mentioned) and a couple of others studied a year or so at HHS.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Funny, teams in the UK have been offering degrees/MBA's for years in order to get players to sign.

Guess we're the trendsetters in something.

VladNYC*

I would say he was a big role player and def a pest. Hated by the opposition and loved by the home town fans. Very hard worker. He and Anisimov were the two hardest working players on the team, on a team that is known for hard work.

Domen

Feb 18, 2013
I would say he was a big role player and def a pest. Hated by the opposition and loved by the home town fans. Very hard worker. He and Anisimov were the two hardest working players on the team, on a team that is known for hard work.

You mean Anisin?

And I agree, Komarov was one of the key players in Dynamo, played in the first line, annoyed his opponents and was seen almost as the key to Dynamo's success one year ago (although they did win another cup this year too without Komarov).

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
You mean Anisin?

And I agree, Komarov was one of the key players in Dynamo, played in the first line, annoyed his opponents and was seen almost as the key to Dynamo's success one year ago (although they did win another cup this year too without Komarov).

He plays the same pesky role in the NHL with the Leafs, though he's definitely not on the first line there.

Another Oleg Saprykin or Darius Kasparaitis(though Komarov is obviously not a D).

VladNYC*

You mean Anisin?

Yeah. Anisin. I need sleep! :shakehead

He and Anisin were def a key to the cup win last year. Just shows how good the Dynamo organization is when they can reboot with different players and win again the next year.

VladNYC*

He plays the same pesky role in the NHL with the Leafs, though he's definitely not on the first line there.

Another Oleg Saprykin or Darius Kasparaitis(though Komarov is obviously not a D).

No he is very nonchalant with his pesting. Not a very aggressive guy. Just does his job. He is a pretty unique guy.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Question About Malkin 2005 Magnitogorsk Jersey

Hi all,

So I'm wanting to buy a replica 2005 Malkin Magnitogorsk jersey off of SportsK.com. However the stock picture of the jersey on the site doesn't have the assistant captain "A" on the front of the jersey.

Was Geno an assistant captain for them back then or not??? I've seen pics of him wearing this jersey with the "A" on it, and then some photos of the jersey one without an "A".

What's the deal folks? Did he wear the "A" back then or not? :)

Last edited:

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
He did.
metallurg.jpg

I guess that must be a 2004-05 jersey or something.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So SportsK emailed me back and said....

"The jersey is as pictured. We buy the jersey from Lutch in Russia."

So basically they are sold with no "A" on the front. Is that accurate for that jersey and year??? Or would I need to get an "A" put on if I bought that jersey.

Is the jersey I want from 2004-05 or 2005-06 anyways?? Which year??? Or was it worn for both??

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So wait....why do some batches of Malkin Magnitogorsk jerseys have "A"'s on them and some don't??? Or why do some Malkin 2012/2013 KHL jerseys some have the C on them while others do not??

:help: :dunno: :dunno:

Shipment times really has to do with some having the C on them, a friend of mine got a bunch of them without the C in his first shipment and then the next one that came in from Russia had the C on them after he was named Captain, There's Ovechkin Dynamo ones like that too weird I know but what can you do.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Can Vityaz Chekhov ever....

...compete for a championship with their "Ice Hockey Center" building seating only 3,300?

Are there any plans for a new building, or will the franchise need to move to another area where a bigger building may be available?

Not even one Major Junior team in Canada has a rink that seats less than 6,000.

I don't see how Vityaz can ever be competitive unless it charges serious megabucks for each of the 3,300 seats in their building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad