KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Discussion thread for a new season, Medvescak and Vladivostok in, Vityaz move to Podolsk. Other than that it's same ol' same ol', SKA are going to be favorites, Dynamo are going to win the Cup and Avto will finish dead last.

Or maybe not.

P.S. Lets just leave an off-season thread for player transactions and stuff related to it

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Aleksandr Medvedev has reportedly said to sports.ru that KHL would get rid of the foreign player limit after next season. This can't be good for Russian juniors nor other European leagues. :shakehead

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Aleksandr Medvedev has reportedly said to sports.ru that KHL would get rid of the foreign player limit after next season. This can't be good for Russian juniors nor other European leagues. :shakehead

I think he said the players of countries participating in the KHL will not be considered foreigners. not too happy about it, even more kids will move to CHL now

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I think he said the players of countries participating in the KHL will not be considered foreigners. not too happy about it, even more kids will move to CHL now

yes or no. They can fight for spot, get chance.. KHL clubs are not idiots, agents/players are

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
well, you have idealistic beliefs and I think reason.

guy of Zadorov, Barbashev, Yakupov, Grigorenko´s level get their chance in EVERY KHL club. You dont have to believe it, we are not in 2009 anymore. And yes, not everyne can play KHL at 17th, look at NHL, only 20 players under 20 y old and nobody has problem with it. Only spoilt russians want to play KHL at 17.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Well I was going by what non-Russian speaking Finn posted at another message board so clarification on the issue would be appreciated.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
guy of Zadorov, Barbashev, Yakupov, Grigorenko´s level get their chance in EVERY KHL club. You dont have to believe it, we are not in 2009 anymore. And yes, not everyne can play KHL at 17th, look at NHL, only 20 players under 20 y old and nobody has problem with it. Only spoilt russians want to play KHL at 17.

Well its just a never ending pisssing match between agents and KHL teams. So Larionov steps up his game, the KHL should step up their's if they want to keep the players. I hate having guys getting paid at the junior level but maybe its the only way. If a junior aged player can make the VHL/KHL or score so many points in the MHL give him a significantly sized bonus that will make him think twice about leaving. IDK just establish some creative way to keep the guys from leaving.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Agreed.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well its just a never ending pisssing match between agents and KHL teams. So Larionov steps up his game, the KHL should step up their's if they want to keep the players. I hate having guys getting paid at the junior level but maybe its the only way. If a junior aged player can make the VHL/KHL or score so many points in the MHL give him a significantly sized bonus that will make him think twice about leaving. IDK just establish some creative way to keep the guys from leaving.
Problem is that there is myth of bad developing model in Russia and not getting chance.. no! Znaroks gave chance to 94 born D, and we all know how strict Znaroks is. Btw, why did not he give chance to 92 born D Barantsev? Because younger Mironov is better? Guys from Ufa gave chance in VHL, won it (especially Gareev) and will play KHL next season. Ak Bars seems to change policy, Magnitka as well, CSKA too (but how should play for them when all good youngsters left?) etc.

This myth is created by agents and they know why they do it.

KHL must do something, dont know what but something must be done. First step is to ask money from CHL/AHL/NHL clubs, not funny money (like swedes) but transfer fees.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Let's be realistic if not for the junior rule, KHL most team's would sign a veteran for that spot. It's not a myth, it happens in any league in the world.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

KHL is not a developmental league or domestic league,it wants to become a direct rival to NHL,foreign limits will be taken off at some point and theres nothing you can do about it,Jussi.
It`s not KHL`s responsibility to develop youth,theres MHL and VHL for that sorta thing.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Anyway,i really hope Riga can improve next season and at atleast get into play-offs although it doesnt look very promising RIGHT NOW,i still have hope.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
so, wait a second...the limits for foreigners go away in 2013-2014 season (from KHL countries)? or 14-15?

never mind it's 14-15 and not set in stone yet

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
so, wait a second...the limits for foreigners go away in 2013-2014 season (from KHL countries)? or 14-15?

never mind it's 14-15 and not set in stone yet

Frankly I can't see this actually happening. It would take too much of a stones to pull this one off.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Frankly I can't see this actually happening. It would take too much of a stones to pull this one off.

I hope not...the only way Lev, Slovan, Riga can hang on to their players is due to the limit. Otherwise all these marginal players will be bought out by richer clubs to substitute for weaker domestic players in the bottom 6.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
What everybody thinks about the potential strength of Vladivostok's roster? It could easily be a disaster first season. Also how will that expansion draft works? how many players a team can protect?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What everybody thinks about the potential strength of Vladivostok's roster? It could easily be a disaster first season. Also how will that expansion draft works? how many players a team can protect?

I can not say about strength of Vladivostok, because I did not see any confirmed transfer yet. But, club has so much money ...

expansion draft - very easy, ONLY russian clubs (without Loko) will delegate 5 guys with valid contract and 22+ yrs old IIRC, who will participate at draft. Vladivostok can draft them (dont know if one per team or five per team). As mentioned, Loko and non-russian clubs dont participate, so Vladivostok can not take any player from them.

Details on internet

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I can not say about strength of Vladivostok, because I did not see any confirmed transfer yet. But, club has so much money ...

expansion draft - very easy, ONLY russian clubs (without Loko) will delegate 5 guys with valid contract and 22+ yrs old IIRC, who will participate at draft. Vladivostok can draft them (dont know if one per team or five per team). As mentioned, Loko and non-russian clubs dont participate, so Vladivostok can not take any player from them.

Details on internet
Also when's the draft? Because currently there are teams that have barely 5 players under contract altogether :D Would suck for MNk to loose any of the players they managed to actually keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad