• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
The first two periods were pretty close to 10/10 excecution. If they keep that up and Igor stays sharp, we might be able to close this series out in five or six.

However, Carolina will probably step it up a notch, and containing them to 12 shots over two periods is unlikely to continue. We also can't keep taking penalties and trusting the PK. They were a top pp team for a reason and I think they converted like 40% of pp's against us in the regular season.

The third period turtle needs to stop. I get being somewhat more cautious when protecting a lead, but it really is playing into Carolinas hand. If they get to stay in our zone as much as they did, they will just keep generating shots until something goes through.

As for the refs. That is just the way it is in todays NHL. Need to fight through it.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The first two periods were pretty close to 10/10 excecution. If they keep that up and Igor stays sharp, we might be able to close this series out in five or six.

However, Carolina will probably step it up a notch, and containing them to 12 shots over two periods is unlikely to continue. We also can't keep taking penalties and trusting the PK. They were a top pp team for a reason and I think they converted like 40% of pp's against us in the regular season.

The third period turtle needs to stop. I get being somewhat more cautious when protecting a lead, but it really is playing into Carolinas hand. If they get to stay in our zone as much as they did, they will just keep generating shots until something goes through.

As for the refs. That is just the way it is in todays NHL. Need to fight through it.
What is this supposed to mean? That's an excuse for terrible officiating. Did that look like a 5 PP to 2PP game to you? The Rempe call was so fing weak and then they missed a number of blatant shit on Carolina. I'm not giving them a pass. The officiating has been downright awful.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
No. Upper corner and under the arm are two distinct areas.
I feel like even 15 years ago, it was all about bar down and roofing the puck by the NHLs best snipers. But goalies are so big and positionally sound that above the pad below blocker/glove is now aimed for almost as much.

I remember one national broadcast game (maybe playoffs against Boston, in the one game we won that series) Nash beat the goalie through the arm pit which the broadcast indicated was lucky. In his post game interview Nash said he aimed there a number of times that game but kept missing it and finally found the mark on the goal.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Still laughing that we didn’t get a single second of PP time after the first period in a tight checking playoff game.

The refs literally decided that our PP was unfair and if they wanted to keep the game close we couldn’t get any more. The fact that this shit happens is wild.
Literally. Something tells me that would not have been the case if we went 0/2 on the first two PP attempts, lol. The refs and the league aren't even trying to hide it.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I wonder if I can sync my TV with the radio Sam calls over the McDonough feed. May be delayed so will have to figure it out. That first Mika goal was an embarrassment of a call, like literally 5 secs went by, “Blah blah blah oh yeah and Mika Zibanejad scores.” Lol.

It's definitely possible.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Mods on the Canes board encouraging their posters to report NYR fans reacting to their posts.

Like, I understand not wanting trolls on your board posting. We don't want that here either. But reactions are now infract-able on that board? Just seems so, so insecure. I mean, who even keeps track of that?

They need their 'safe space'

Reactions: bobbop

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I wonder if I can sync my TV with the radio Sam calls over the McDonough feed. May be delayed so will have to figure it out. That first Mika goal was an embarrassment of a call, like literally 5 secs went by, “Blah blah blah oh yeah and Mika Zibanejad scores.” Lol.
Going to do the same. Gonna fire up my laptop and go to the radio feed and hopefully it can be paused to sync up with the TV feed. the radio feed will likely be ahead

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
What is this supposed to mean? That's an excuse for terrible officiating. Did that look like a 5 PP to 2PP game to you? The Rempe call was so fing weak and then they missed a number of blatant shit on Carolina. I'm not giving them a pass. The officiating has been downright awful.
In no way am I giving them a pass, disregarding the bs Rempe call or the high stick which they must have seen and just elected not to call because reasons.

It's supposed to mean what it says. It's something we have to overcome. Series management is a thing. Game management is a thing. This is the NHL of 2024. Good teams find a way to battle through it, just like the Rangers did last night. The refs are out of their control, but how they respond is not.

If you took it as some attack on those angered by the lopsided reffing, you either misread my post or my wording was off.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Updated my avatar for round 2. LGR

322097.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I feel like even 15 years ago, it was all about bar down and roofing the puck by the NHLs best snipers. But goalies are so big and positionally sound that above the pad below blocker/glove is now aimed for almost as much.

I remember one national broadcast game (maybe playoffs against Boston, in the one game we won that series) Nash beat the goalie through the arm pit which the broadcast indicated was lucky. In his post game interview Nash said he aimed there a number of times that game but kept missing it and finally found the mark on the goal.
A lot of them are so big too.

They're in the butterfly and the top is still covered.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
In no way am I giving them a pass, disregarding the bs Rempe call or the high stick which they must have seen and just elected not to call because reasons.

It's supposed to mean what it says. It's something we have to overcome. Series management is a thing. Game management is a thing. This is the NHL of 2024. Good teams find a way to battle through it, just like the Rangers did last night. The refs are out of their control, but how they respond is not.

If you took it as some attack on those angered by the lop sided reffing, you either misread my post or my wording was off.
I did not look at it as an attack. I just disagree with the "well this is just the way it is and we have to overcome it" stuff. Good teams should not have to overcome the other team(who is also a good team) and the refs when they are ahead or actually manage to score on their PPs. They should not be penalized for being better. It's wrong. Call the game as you see it on the ice, not if a team is winning or losing, and not if it's early or late in a game. I just find the officiating to be especially brutal so far in these playoffs. The Washington series was a train wreck and it continued last night. I'm not going to give bad officiating a pass.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That was a confidence-inducing win.

It's never easy but that was way better than I ever imagined us playing against this stupid team.
I did not feel we played well overall. I think we played well in a few spurts and just hung on. To win this series we will have to play harder in my opinion.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I did not look at it as an attack. I just disagree with the "well this is just the way it is and we have to overcome it" stuff. Good teams should not have to overcome the other team(who is also a good team) and the refs when they are ahead or actually manage to score on their PPs. They should not be penalized for being better. It's wrong. Call the game as you see it on the ice, not if a team is winning or losing, and not if it's early or late in a game. I just find the officiating to be especially brutal so far in these playoffs. The Washington series was a train wreck and it continued last night. I'm not going to give bad officiating a pass.
I agree with all of this, and as fans we can focus on whatever we wish. I do hope, though, that the boys are focused on what the have any control over, and don't allow themselves to be frustrated by the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad