TBN: KeyBank Center upgrades

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
There are other things though that are easier....

The individual goal songs, for example. They are awful goal songs, sometimes cringey. They play them at too loud of a volume and it puts a dagger through any atmosphere and fan engagement.

Next time look around for a Sabres goal. There will be a roar, people get up and cheer, the music presses everyone back down into their seat pretty quickly. Music stops, there is a brief roar, then the puck drops. It is just terrible game presentation

I don't like the individual goal songs either. Would rather just have 1 goal song.

Reactions: BB79

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
There are other things though that are easier....

The individual goal songs, for example. They are awful goal songs, sometimes cringey. They play them at too loud of a volume and it puts a dagger through any atmosphere and fan engagement.

Next time look around for a Sabres goal. There will be a roar, people get up and cheer, the music presses everyone back down into their seat pretty quickly. Music stops, there is a brief roar, then the puck drops. It is just terrible game presentation

:wally:

Reactions: Strexvale

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't like the individual goal songs either. Would rather just have 1 goal song.

If the Wild weren't already doing it, and the way they try to ram the Bills into absolutely everything, the Isley Brothers' "Shout" seems like the natural merge of the single song theme. They can even say it was sponsored by the Bills, right after it finishes playing.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Starting the roof on a Friday?

Typical Pegula!

Getting excited about the roof is like getting excited about a hotel you are staying at not leaking. The scoreboard is like having a newer looking lobby. These are basic things. Pegula doesn't get any credit for them. It's the bare minimum you expect.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'd like them to change the roof color. That would be a visible upgrade.

And buildings need new roofs before they need any other upgrades. I'd love to have spent the large amount of money I dropped on my new roof a couple of years ago on a new and expanded deck or a new shed but you need to spend on the basics first.

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Taking that post as me being excited is something.

Not you. I meant the Sabres. Sorry. I got sent an email about this as an STH. Like seriously? Who cares? Compliant media treated it as something important, too. I sort of get the scoreboard but it is so minor compared to the product on the ice. Can't remember once thinking if only we had a better scoreboard. I can remember thinking how many times will the washroom be flooded in my section!

Not you. I meant the Sabres. Sorry. I got sent an email about this as an STH. Like seriously? Who cares? Compliant media treated it as something important, too. I sort of get the scoreboard but it is so minor compared to the product on the ice. Can't remember once thinking if only we had a better scoreboard. I can remember thinking how many times will the washroom be flooded in my section!

I have complained multiple times about bathroom flooding.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

I have complained multiple times about bathroom flooding.

I get it.. I do. I want a new arena.

But serious renovations can't be done until the roof is done.. doesn't make sense.. And from all accounts the County is responsible for the roof. Im guessing the County and the Pegulas have had a stand off over the roof for a long time. And I bet the Pegulas agreed to take the task of doing the roof of KBC in exchange for funding of the Bills stadium or they got sick of waiting on County and did it themselves.

I'm not putting in a new scoreboard with a faulty roof. I'm not putting in new seats with a faulty roof ( tho you can repair and maintain old ones)

Flooding of bathrooms sounds like a City public works problem or a fans using a whole roll of toilet paper to wipe their ass.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I want an actual Tims stand like almost every venue in Canada has that essentially charges the same as a regular Tims location (Columbus has this (and a Skyline stand) which is one reason it's my favorite arena).

Reactions: Irie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wasn't alive then but it sounds cool.

1714160659971.png

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I get it.. I do. I want a new arena.

But serious renovations can't be done until the roof is done.. doesn't make sense.. And from all accounts the County is responsible for the roof. Im guessing the County and the Pegulas have had a stand off over the roof for a long time. And I bet the Pegulas agreed to take the task of doing the roof of KBC in exchange for funding of the Bills stadium or they got sick of waiting on County and did it themselves.

I'm not putting in a new scoreboard with a faulty roof. I'm not putting in new seats with a faulty roof ( tho you can repair and maintain old ones)

Flooding of bathrooms sounds like a City public works problem or a fans using a whole roll of toilet paper to wipe their ass.

The upkeep of the roof is part of the lease deal. Pretty sure I read that. I don't think you need a new arena at all. I think you have $100 M to $150 million in upgrades, which isn't that crazy. They haven't spent a dime on places other than locker rooms, and it's 25 years. You don't spend 25 years not doing basic maintenance on a house.

They need to get their ducks lined up because lots of cities are itching for a team.

I'm onboard with the idea of redoing them to match the old Aud seats. Granted, all that gold in the lower bowl will be very easy to spot on light attendance nights.

They should rip out all the seats and reconfigure the entire arena. The price points are all messed up between the 200 and 100 levels. They decided on the idea of luxury seating on the 200 level with in-seat service, and it has very limited value in a hockey-mad town like Buffalo, where people are all about the game first and foremost. The 100 seats are closer and cheaper priced, so people just easily opt for those and walk out to grab a beer.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Getting excited about the roof is like getting excited about a hotel you are staying at not leaking. The scoreboard is like having a newer looking lobby. These are basic things. Pegula doesn't get any credit for them. It's the bare minimum you expect.

Shit, they had the same scoreboard at the Aud for 26 years and nobody complained. Back in the day when the game on the ice is what mattered most.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Shit, they had the same scoreboard at the Aud for 26 years and nobody complained. Back in the day when the game on the ice is what mattered most.
Having lived through both the era of old arenas of yesteryear and today's modern era arenas..it just seems absolutely insane to me when people are calling for a 30 year old building to be leveled and replaced. 30 years isn't that old, considering the age of arenas like Boston Garden, Montreal Forum, ML Garden, Chicago Stadium when they were replaced. As loved as they were, they all had MAJOR problems such as no air conditioning, many obstructed view seats, small uncomfortable seats, no luxury boxes, no modern scoreboards, terrible locker rooms, limited weight rooms/training areas for players... It isn't like today's arenas have that level of problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad