Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Dropping the Preds in the playoffs would be the most ridiculous outcome I could imagine.

But since this is Minnesota sports, the most likely outcome would be the Preds sweeping the Wild with Granlund scoring the game 4 OT winner.

Reactions: DumbaTrain

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
But since this is Minnesota sports, the most likely outcome would be the Preds sweeping the Wild with Granlund scoring the game 4 OT winner.
Depends - Wild have had some great early round success as underdogs in the playoffs, which they would certainly be vs. the Preds this year.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
0 points and -2 in the first two games.

How many games can he go without points before people goes ape****?

Donato has points in 5 straight games and people still go ape ****

Edit: Wild 4-0 since Coyle trade and Coyle 0 points in 4 games ‍♂️

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
0 points and -2 in the first two games.

How many games can he go without points before people goes ape****?
People have gone ape**** since the moment the trade was announced... all under-performance would do would be to verify the feeling.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I kept thinking to myself today that forsberg is the type of player I would love Fiala to develop into. They both flash skill in similar fashion. He has a ways to go but it would be nice.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I also thought he played well last night. He was able to generate multiple scoring chances on his own and he's starting to look more comfortable in the line-up. I think the scoring will come if BB can find a line combo that can generate some chemistry.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think sometimes he tries to do too much on his own. Needs to use his linemates a little better at times. Maybe it's a chemistry thing, maybe it's putting pressure on himself because of the trade.

Hope he works it out. He's showing good potential.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You can kinda tell he’s pressing. Definitely skill and speed there.

I think sometimes he tries to do too much on his own. Needs to use his linemates a little better at times. Maybe it's a chemistry thing, maybe it's putting pressure on himself because of the trade.

Hope he works it out. He's showing good potential.

Thought I could help on what you both are seeing.

He's been pressing since game 1 of this season because he wanted to get a nice contract. When he is doing that he tends to try and do too much on his own. Forsberg has the exact same issue when he is in a slump.

As crazy as it sounds, I think getting out of a contract year could do him wonders. If someone could actually be trying too hard its him. It also hasn't helped that he has been seriously snake bit. He's been robbed it feels like a ton this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dickie Dunn

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Fiala gives me a very strong vibe of a player who is in bad shape. Just doesn't have the kind of stability and strength in his mobility you'd like to see. Kind of helter skelter on his skates. Seems to indicate at least weak core/high body fat.

Overall not a fan of this player. At least at this stage of his conditioning is a weak skater, with questionable hockey sense. A puck hog who isn't strong on the puck, is careless (couple brutal turnovers against Preds) and tries to dipsy-doodle through players. It's not very effective in the NHL especially with mediocre skating ability. Has slick hands and moves though, and a lot more rangy player than Granlund for example.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Fiala gives me a very strong vibe of a player who is in bad shape. Just doesn't have the kind of stability and strength in his mobility you'd like to see. Kind of helter skelter on his skates. Seems to indicate at least weak core/high body fat.

Overall not a fan of this player. At least at this stage of his conditioning is a weak skater, with questionable hockey sense. A puck hog who isn't strong on the puck, is careless (couple brutal turnovers against Preds) and tries to dipsy-doodle through players. It's not very effective in the NHL especially with mediocre skating ability. Has slick hands and moves though, and a lot more rangy player than Granlund for example.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: DumbaTrain

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I don't see any of what you're seeing.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Yeah, evaluation of a player isn't as easy as it might seem. Takes a lot experience and knowledge. Not surprised so many people struggle with it as badly as they do (including you two).

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Not sure how you see mediocre skating. The puck hog thing, I think he was just trying to do too much himself at times as I said previously. Hard to tell if it's a puck hog thing with such a small sample size.

I think he has okay hockey sense, at least offensively anyway... defensively he seems kind of lost at times. Better than Donato in that respect thus far though (though last night Donato actually showed signs of life defensively for a change).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad